Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old March 11th, 2023, 09:32 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: X-23 (Laura Kinney) - Design

In order of preference for me:
1) Something similar to the take Bats posted with Student as a class.
2) Flip card take.
3) Something kinda like Gray Fox.
4) Ignoring the scent thing and maybe doing a Story Card later.

Mainly cause I think it’s unlikely we ever get to a Story Card and I still don’t think that would get the “enemy uses the Scent against X-23” theme across, unless it gave you a discount for drafting her or something?
Old March 12th, 2023, 09:26 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I guess I want to know what a Student X-23 would/could do that’s different? If we’re gonna have a “stealthy but sometimes loses control” Assassin card and a “stealthy but sometimes loses control” Student card, why not just handle those both in one take?

I do agree the card is telling the story “backwards” either way.
Agree here and with what Skindy said where even introduced in the comics she's trying to get away from that stuff and trigger scent just comes up a bunch as something used against her.

Similar to the Assassin Winter Soldier design, but he was an Assassin for like a year of publication after his reveal before he got his memories back, where Laura's assassin stuff is only in flashbacks. Also Winter Soldier has a solid go to hero design. I wouldn't count Laura Wolverine as that'd be like Bucky getting his Cap design. Anyway because it's just origin stuff it'd be more similar to if we tried to squeeze Assassin on a Logan card because he was in Weapon X too.

I'd have Weapon X as the keyword where a design or story card eventually can make them Assassins down the line and just make her a Student so she can play with the teams most of her fans would want to play her with, and hopefully X-Force will have a Student pull.

I’m in agreement with most of this. The one thing I’m not sold on yet is the side convo…Student as would for x-Force….New Mutants, Yes, blanket students…NO.

Cable worked with the remnants of the New Mutants not just recruiting random students. And beyond New Mutants X-Force was more the hardcore fighters of the mutants

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 12th, 2023, 09:34 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
In order of preference for me:
1) Something similar to the take Bats posted with Student as a class.
2) Flip card take.
3) Something kinda like Gray Fox.
4) Ignoring the scent thing and maybe doing a Story Card later.

Mainly cause I think it’s unlikely we ever get to a Story Card and I still don’t think that would get the “enemy uses the Scent against X-23” theme across, unless it gave you a discount for drafting her or something?
Sounds good to me.

Only other thing I can think of is maybe something where the opponent places your Scent marker on 1 of their cards at the start of the game and when she's near any figure from that card, it triggers the frenzy?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 12th, 2023, 10:36 AM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That's actually something I was toying with earlier this morning. Definitely could do with some fine tuning though. Trying not to make it too exploitable by opponents so that she's a hinderance to the drafter most of the time, but exploitable enough by that the scent stuff can be used advantageously by either side. Also trying to give her a little more use normally, to make up for the fact she's probably only going to get 1 figure to rip apart.

Quote:
NAME = X-23
IDENTITY = LAURA KINNEY

UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
SPECIES = MUTANT
CLASS = STUDENT
PERSONALITY = TACITURN
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 220

TRIGGER 42
During setup, you may choose an enemy card. For this game, all figures on that card are Scented. Before X-23's move action, if a Scented figure is 2-8 spaces away from her, she must move closer to that figure, if possible.

TRIGGER SCENTED FRENZY
During X-23's attack action, if at least 1 skull is rolled, she may attack again. She cannot attack more than 2 times per normal attack action, or more than 4 times if she only attacks Scented figures. If X-23 is engaged with a Scented figure, she must attack that figure.

ADAMANTIUM CLAWS
Figures have -2 Defense against X-23’s adjacent normal attacks.

ACCELERATED HEALING FACTOR
After activating X-23, she heals 1 wound. During clean up, she heals 1 wound.

FACTION = X-MEN
PUBLISHER = MARVEL
KEYWORDS = CLONE, WEAPON X
SYMBOLS = STEALTH

Last edited by Skinderella; March 12th, 2023 at 01:01 PM.
Old March 12th, 2023, 10:59 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I might have Trigger 42 only work on move actions (i.e. intentional moves by her). So before X-23 uses a move action.

You don't roll hits. You roll skulls. They result in hits. So just stick with skull there. I'd go with 2 times instead of twice just to stay internally consistent.

I like the changes. Will need playtesting, but I think that's OK.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 12th, 2023, 12:58 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I’m in agreement with most of this. The one thing I’m not sold on yet is the side convo…Student as would for x-Force….New Mutants, Yes, blanket students…NO.

Cable worked with the remnants of the New Mutants not just recruiting random students. And beyond New Mutants X-Force was more the hardcore fighters of the mutants
With the Weapon X keyword we could use that as a pull for X-Force, which would pull in Deadpool and Laura whilst also saving from pulling Assassins just for Laura. At least that could work for Wolverine's X-Force.
Old March 12th, 2023, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I might have Trigger 42 only work on move actions (i.e. intentional moves by her). So before X-23 uses a move action.

You don't roll hits. You roll skulls. They result in hits. So just stick with skull there. I'd go with 2 times instead of twice just to stay internally consistent.

I like the changes. Will need playtesting, but I think that's OK.
Will make those changes now, thank you! Still getting used to the new wording.

I think whatever we do here will need testing which I'm fine with. Will wait for Winston to clear up in 1.0 before doing that here though, so that gives us plenty of time to figure out what we want to do.
Old March 13th, 2023, 03:58 PM

If we're good on the take above, I'll update the SP and I think we could push this to playtesting. If we want to implement an Assassin class, could always give her that if you choose a figure to Scent, that way she almost has two playstyles depending on where you want her. I'm not overly fussed either way though.
Old March 13th, 2023, 04:50 PM

Question: should the scent thing be optional at all? Seems easier to cost it if you make it non-optional.

Old March 13th, 2023, 04:55 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Should probably not be optional. Otherwise this hits all the base thematic points.
Old March 13th, 2023, 06:11 PM

Sweet, made that change and updated the first post!

I propose we move to playtesting!
Old March 13th, 2023, 06:16 PM

Re: X-23 (Laura Kinney) - VOTE for Playtesting

This is for an initial playtest, yes? Yea for that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database