Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old October 29th, 2007, 05:16 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Houston "Stars" Tournament Armies.

Here's a thread for army possibilites on the upcoming Houston tourney. Some figs have an increased or decreased point value.

Adjusted point values for the following figures/squads:

Major Q9 (210)
Raelin (old) (110)
Krav Maga Agents (130)
4th Mass (95)
DeathReavers (60)
Braxas (230)
Krug (135)

Spartacus (170)
Taelord (150)
Einar Emperium (110)
Hatamaro Taro (105)
Gorillinators (65)
Khosumet (50)
Zettian Guards (60)

Fire away!

Nakita
Nators x 3
Nilf

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old October 29th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I've often thought that if you could set it up right, Zettian Guards with Taelord might actually be pretty cool. You're talking about a 4 and 5 die attack on the same target from 7 range if you can actually get height.

Maybe...

Taelord 150
Zettian Guard 210
2x Omnicrons 410
Warden 816 500

Your army looks really fun though, and is probably a lot better than this one. If people are really scared off by 60 point rats, my army could do pretty well though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 29th, 2007, 06:39 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Dumutef x3 = 75
Warden = 90
Zettians = 60
Khosumet = 50
Wolves x3 = 225

Relentless Guards FTW!
Old October 31st, 2007, 01:59 AM

T-bomb has disabled reputation
Looks like fun!

Oh man, so many taelord possibilities!

4x stingers
Taelord
AE.

3x Minions
Taelord
Isamu

3x EI
Kiova
MW's
Guilty

5x AA
Taelord
Old October 31st, 2007, 08:08 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Taelord
Marro Warriors
Ashigaru Harquebus x5

You could even leave a marro warrior off and clone him back if you wanted... (is that legal?)

Runa
Taelord
Minions x2
Isamu

Laglor
Raelin (SotM)
Nakitas
G'Nators x2
Marcu

The Gorillas on height with 3 defense and 8 range is frightening....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 31st, 2007, 10:10 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Hey Sweetcurse & Houston - sounds fun. I love the idea of the different points to get things used and to make other things not used to much.

Do you think it may cause it to be more squad scape? Just thinking out loud.

I can't wait to see the armies and results form this one.

Scape On'

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old October 31st, 2007, 12:21 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bomb
3x Minions
Taelord
Isamu
Win. I've seen this used very well, and it's fun to play. The move glyph is your friend if you play this army.
Old October 31st, 2007, 03:12 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
3x Tagawa Samurai Archers 195
Hatamoto Taro 300
Kaemon/Tagawa 420
2x Ashigaru Yari 500
Old October 31st, 2007, 03:26 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12
Hatamoto Taro 300
Kaemon/Tagawa 420
2x Ashigaru Yari 500
Nice!
Old October 31st, 2007, 03:52 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12
Hatamoto Taro 300
Kaemon/Tagawa 420
2x Ashigaru Yari 500
Nice!
Ditto, that is awesome!

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old November 4th, 2007, 09:59 AM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
I think the Battlefields of Valhalla are cool, but they all seem to favor range so heavily. I know, I know, range is always powerful, but the LOS blocking is insufficient and the broken up terrain makes it so hard for melee figures to close the distance. The only maps that seem balanced are the maps with road. Even then, the road is more of a trap. You string out your melee guys and get ambushed in a choke point. I find that these maps are really constraining my army builds for this event.

Also, I would love to field a samurai army, such as arp12 proposes, but I think it will be too unwieldly and slow without Kato.

Those are my thoughts. I only wish I had gorillinators in numbers high enough to field a competitive army. I think they are the biggest steal in this point adjustment.

3x Gnators = 3x65 = 195
Nakitas = 120 = 195+120 = 315
Laglor = 110 = 110 + 315 = 425
Murphy = 75 = 425 + 75 = 500
Old November 4th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junge Roman
I think the Battlefields of Valhalla are cool, but they all seem to favor range so heavily. I know, I know, range is always powerful, but the LOS blocking is insufficient and the broken up terrain makes it so hard for melee figures to close the distance. The only maps that seem balanced are the maps with road. Even then, the road is more of a trap. You string out your melee guys and get ambushed in a choke point. I find that these maps are really constraining my army builds for this event.

Also, I would love to field a samurai army, such as arp12 proposes, but I think it will be too unwieldly and slow without Kato.

Those are my thoughts. I only wish I had gorillinators in numbers high enough to field a competitive army. I think they are the biggest steal in this point adjustment.

3x Gnators = 3x65 = 195
Nakitas = 120 = 195+120 = 315
Laglor = 110 = 110 + 315 = 425
Murphy = 75 = 425 + 75 = 500
That looks like a pretty good army with all that range enhancement. And thanks people for complimenting the samurai army.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion