Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old October 2nd, 2013, 07:05 PM

Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Cool figures from other games to use in HS

I ordered a bunch of Dreamblade miniatures that are very cool. I think trollandtoad have some, hobbiesandgames, ahzzzarena. Some of the human(oid)s are a shade big to be properly in scale with scape, but I like them so much I don't really mind. For the more monstrous figures this shouldn't be a problem at all. Their bases are much too large though, and have to be cut off to re-base. For the larger figures I discovered the easiest fastest way was to insert a razor blade in the seam and CAREFULLY hammer it through at different angles.

Happyhentoys has Papo, Safari Ltd., and Schleich figures. They hover at right around 4" but for things like Poseidon, the cyclops, and so forth, this isn't much of a big deal. And the dragons are awesome. Today I ordered Poseidon and the sea dragon, which at his length of 9" will be much too big to maneuver around a battlefield but will make some very cool scenery. (Been planning some nautical/aquatic scenarios.) These figures are a bit steep, but they're big and not really any more expensive than some harder-to-find scape guys.

......What in the world topless figure are you guys discussing? I paged back several pages but must have missed something. I'm picturing like a Khorne demon from WH40K or something, which isn't really that, you know, appealing.

EDIT: I found it. Duh. As my son would say, "Are you mentally stupid?" Heh.

rolls one less defense die against figures who like him.

Last edited by Crypto-Knight; October 2nd, 2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old October 5th, 2013, 03:32 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypto-Knight View Post
Their bases are much too large though, and have to be cut off to re-base. For the larger figures I discovered the easiest fastest way was to insert a razor blade in the seam and CAREFULLY hammer it through at different angles.
Yeah, I tried that method too. But it was too easy to mess up. Nowadays I use the boil method: hold the base with pliers, dip the figure into boiling water for 30 seconds, then you can cut it farily easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 7th, 2013, 01:21 AM

Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby!

Good idea. Thanks, Xotli (is that Nahuatl for something?) I've used the boil method to reshape plastic but never thought of cutting that way.

I found some more suitable figures too. I'd seen the blind-packaged Hunger Games figures at Walgreens but didn't want to risk them not being the right size without seeing them. Tonight they had them on sale for 99 cents, so I picked one up. They are indeed the right size. They'd make a good squad, maybe the Mariedans the C3V/SOV guys came up with. They need to be cut off their pedestals, but those would be good for custom terrain. A few on the packages look like pretty cool unique heroes too.

Old October 7th, 2013, 11:00 AM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

A few of them are very good, many of them are just the tribute standing there, no weapon, nothing.
Old October 7th, 2013, 04:25 PM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!

Balantai dug these guys up.

$10 bucks, Barnes and Noble, incules oversized Kraang, Kraangdroid, April Leo, Mike, Raph Don, Foot, and a few more.
Old October 9th, 2013, 02:40 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Thanks, Xotli (is that Nahuatl for something?)
Xotli is a demon-god from the Conan stories. More info here.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old December 9th, 2013, 02:37 PM

I just received a Tannhauser figure called Frankenstahl. (Sorry no pic, I'm typing this from my phone). Doing a search of figure scales shows the Tannhauser guys are pretty close in scale and are some cool miniatures. A warning though: these guys are pretty pricey. I was too curious to pass up ordering it but it cut into my monthly entertainment budget a good chunk. I spend most of that budget on game stuff anyway though....

I'd eventually like to get more of these and some more AT-43 figures (another really good source for customs) and make some more realistic terrain, and make a sort of sub-scape-set that captures the feel of those games. But that whole concept is going to be a long time in coming to fruition.

But anyways, check these guys out if you don't mind scraping together some spare change to boost your spending on great figures. Some people say the figures are a bit large, some say a bit small, that's how it goes. But the pics I've seen make Tannhauser figures look pretty cool mixed in with scape guys.

Old December 9th, 2013, 03:25 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I just received a Tannhauser figure called Frankenstahl. (Sorry no pic, I'm typing this from my phone). Doing a search of figure scales shows the Tannhauser guys are pretty close in scale and are some cool miniatures. A warning though: these guys are pretty pricey. I was too curious to pass up ordering it but it cut into my monthly entertainment budget a good chunk. I spend most of that budget on game stuff anyway though....

I'd eventually like to get more of these and some more AT-43 figures (another really good source for customs) and make some more realistic terrain, and make a sort of sub-scape-set that captures the feel of those games. But that whole concept is going to be a long time in coming to fruition.

But anyways, check these guys out if you don't mind scraping together some spare change to boost your spending on great figures. Some people say the figures are a bit large, some say a bit small, that's how it goes. But the pics I've seen make Tannhauser figures look pretty cool mixed in with scape guys.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old December 10th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just saw these on Miniature Market, and while they're not technically figures, I think that some of this stuff would work great for HS terrain:
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/table...et+-+Full+List
Old December 11th, 2013, 03:15 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Doing a search of figure scales shows the Tannhauser guys are pretty close in scale and are some cool miniatures.
The Tannhauser guys absolutely are great figures, and perfectly sized IMHO. Of course they ...

Quote:
A warning though: these guys are pretty pricey.
... yeah. They're pretty much out of the question unless you can catch them on sale.

My two favorite Tannhauser figures:

Asteros is the guy in the middle. Absolutely gorgeous minotaur.

Itami is the guy on the right, although I think the paint job on mine looks better than that one. Good looking oni-type figure.

Quote:
I'd eventually like to get more of these and some more AT-43 figures (another really good source for customs) ...
C3V uses a lot of AT-43 (and its sister game, Confrontation) figures. If you're going to be picking up any of the Rackham minis, definitely check out C3V for some well-balanced cards.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old March 18th, 2014, 04:42 PM

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but aside from Azurite Warlord does anyone have an opinion on Warcraft figures?

Old March 18th, 2014, 04:58 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm a fan of Felguard Legionairre. Ironfur Bear doesnt work so well as a bear though. All I know of.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions