Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 10th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: sportcult's custom units - updated more Utgar uniques

Oooh, I like that. Run away, Bezelgrum's gonna' steal your SOUL, Vikings!
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Or, the workaround could be that he may only steal the soul of common figures...? A little less thematic, but makes the ability less likely to raise any questions.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old December 10th, 2008, 10:03 PM

Novelist432 has disabled reputation

Wow, I really like the powers on Bezelgrum. Very creative. As for the vikings, you could repaint some hit markers with skulls. So instead of figures, use soul markers.
Old December 10th, 2008, 10:41 PM

sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelist432 View Post
Wow, I really like the powers on Bezelgrum. Very creative. As for the vikings, you could repaint some hit markers with skulls. So instead of figures, use soul markers.
True. I also have a bunch of the red wound markers from the Marvel set that I use for things like that. Still, I'm liking more and more the idea of him stealing the Warriors Spirit, makes him even more sinister. Not sure if it will affect his points much since that's a very specific scenario.

Custom Terrain
Custom Figures and Repaints
Stuff for Sale
Good Trades:Ted, Hilo-scaper, omen20154, eternaldream
Old January 7th, 2009, 03:17 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: sportcult's custom units - updated Utgar heroes

I know I'm being a bit of a gadfly/wet blanket here, but please realize that the only reason I offer criticism at all is because your figures are so cool.

On Bezelgrum - I love the idea of him. He's sort of a cross between Krug and Cyprien, two crowd favorites for sure.
  • Just to verify, as the ability is written, you get to devour friendly souls as well. I actually like this, but it does drastically change the nature of the figure. It means that, rather than rushing to the front to get souls, you can surround him with friendly ranged squad members, and let him fatten up on them as they are killed (or force your opponent to soak up ranged fire while they concentrate on taking out Bezelgrum first).

• I think the 3-space radius makes it way too easy to pile up corpses and turn him into a juggernaut just by being near the action, with no order markers. If he gets a 3-space radius, that alone would up his cost into the 220+ range in my estimation. It basically forces an opponent to attack Bezelgrum before any figure in the area, because otherwise he just gets too strong, too fast.

I don't think he necessarily should have to make the kill himself like vampires/zombies/Tagawa do, but he should have to be adjacent IMO. This fits my vision of Bezelgrum bending over the deceased figure and drawing the soul out of the corpse.

• I might max out the corpse count at 3... that runs him up all the way to 6 attack/5 defense with 6 wounds, and that's already really powerful. 8 attack, 5 defense, 8 wounds makes him stronger than Jotun or Tor-Kul-Na.

• I also think soul harvest should not work on undead. Otherwise, a zombie kill that rises again and then dies could be two soul harvests for Bezelgrum. I'm pretty sure zombies are soul-less. (A zombie/Bezelgrum player would probably not want all the zombies going to Bezelgrum's card anyway, since this would prevent those zombies from rising again.)

• I agree that this ability should effectively negate the viking spirit powers. Along the same lines, it would negate Thanos's "rejected by Death". Death can't reject you if Bezelgrum has eaten you. But then, if Bezelgrum is injured and gives up the viking spirit/Thanos, do their post-death powers THEN kick in? I say no, but it seems like a reasonable question.

• The vivovore power seems a bit too strong against squads, particularly common squads. I'd modify the power in one of two ways: either make it only apply to unique heroes, or only have the power only claim a single unrevealed order marker.
A lot of suggestions, I know, but that's just because I think the guy is really cool.

On the Gremian Infestors - I only have one suggestion. I think that the 11+ on resurgence makes them broken. It needs to be higher. I'm not sure you realize just how difficult to kill they would be as currently designed. Assuming you don't have Braxas or Grimnak or another auto-kill option, you will need to score three straight hits without an 11+. The chances of that are 1 in 8.

Say you successfully manage to wound an infestor 80% of the time (this is an optimistic number if you're using a ranged squad or if the infestors are on height, but just for argument's sake). This means that, on average, you will need almost twenty attacks on average to get rid of the infestors. Yes, really. Rolling 10 or less 3 times in a row is a rare enough thing that it is hard to pull off. 87% of the time, you will waste an average of about 1.6 "successful" attacks and end up with all three still alive.

If you cut the success number from 11+ to 16+, that cuts the expected number of attacks needed in half, to about 9. That still seems like a lot to me, but it's much more reasonable to get rid of of 40 point threat.

EDIT: Or do you mean that the Gremian who takes the wound is always removed, even if the roll is successful? If so, then the "If you roll 1-10, remove the figure" line is unnecessary/confusing.

Last edited by dok; January 7th, 2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old January 7th, 2009, 06:34 PM

=Cheeseclan=Ldr=09 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

just wonderin', where'd u get the aquilla card blank????
Old January 7th, 2009, 07:38 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Cheeseclan=Ldr=09 View Post
just wonderin', where'd u get the aquilla card blank????

On a night with a full moon, go to the top of the tallest mountain you can find. Bring one of your other non-aquilla cards along, and hold it up into the air, so the moonlight hits the card. Bring an eagle along. Toss the eagle up into the air, and chant these words, "When the light of the yellow moon meets the power of the eagle, this card will take on the colors of a card of AQUILLA!!!!!!"

Actually, you should probably search for "Aquilla card blank".

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old January 8th, 2009, 04:58 PM

I found an aquilla card, ty. Also, i'm going to attempt to make a Manchuradon. Do u mind if, when finish it, i print out ur card to use, instead of making my own????
Old January 8th, 2009, 07:52 PM

sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby!

Cheesey: Go for it!

Dok: holy feedback! Thanks for the analysis. All your points are valid. I agree with pretty much all of them. I would say change the soul harvest to adjacent units and/or only allow it if he has any order markers on his card, but keep the 5 fig limit and the Viking power steal. Maybe decrease defense...Limiting vivivore to 1 marker seems logical and makes squad combat make more sense.
The infestors are supposed to be obnoxious to the point that attacking them is discouraged. I agree that it should probably be changed to higher than 12 maybe? If you roll 12 or less the figure you attacked is destroyed and none come back, so yeah I guess it may be redundant. Thanks for the feedback!

Custom Terrain
Custom Figures and Repaints
Stuff for Sale
Good Trades:Ted, Hilo-scaper, omen20154, eternaldream
Old January 8th, 2009, 09:41 PM

My manchuradon will be sucky compared to urs, i'll only spend like 30 min on it, MAX!

Last edited by =Cheeseclan=Ldr=09; January 9th, 2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old January 10th, 2009, 05:23 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Love everything I've seen

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old January 26th, 2009, 08:02 PM

XDVinny is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

pretty sweet do you know where i can find places where i can find stuff like that?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards