Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 18th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Movie Discussion: The Dark Knight - Now Playing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
The first two Indiana Jones movies were PG and quite gory.
I believe that was before PG-13 came out. Raiders would have been pre-PG-13 at least.
Old July 18th, 2008, 04:01 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
...films like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Dragonslayer have explicit bloodletting that led to the creation of PG-13.
Good call, mrbistro.
Old July 18th, 2008, 08:43 PM

Frank'n'stay Woo who?

Here are The Dark Knight's ratings internationally:

Norway:15
New Zealand:M
Finland:K-13
Singapore:PG
Canada:14+
USA:PG-13
Australia:M
UK:12A
South Korea:15
Ireland:15A

Usually, I try to look at ratings from several countries before seeing a film. So looking at these ratings, I think we can safely assume that Dark Knight is a HARD PG-13!

Frank'n'stay

Last edited by Frank'n'stay; July 18th, 2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old July 18th, 2008, 09:07 PM

sasukesilvia has disabled reputation

I just came back from seeing it I must say it is the best Batman movie yet I think Heath Ledger was so far the best joker ever he really nailed the part.

Old July 18th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasukesilvia View Post
I just came back from seeing it I must say it is the best Batman movie yet I think Heath Ledger was so far the best joker ever he really nailed the part.

I whole heartly agree, it is sad that we the people will not be able to enjoy him again as the Joker.

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!
Old July 19th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

I've just come back from seeing the movie and while I enjoyed it (particularly Heath's performance, it was extremely spellbinding to watch him and not just because of his recent passing) I didn't think it was an "A" or 90% movie (IamBatman is probably going to kill me, now, d'oh!).

Too long of a movie, for one thing (and not in a "Oh, so much cool stuff, I dont' mind this being so long" kind of way, either, but rather in a "We just couldn't bear to edit this thing so enjoy 2.5 hours with some fluff mixed in" way) and the other reason was disappointment over things left hanging (see what I did there) that could have been better resolved.

Still a great movie and I consider it nearly tied with Wanted and Iron Man for best summer movies. Excellent year of gamer flicks, isn't it?
Old July 19th, 2008, 12:32 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Joker is the best villain ever.

I've never seen an insane person portrayed better on the big screen.
And he was smart, too. He twisted how many minds to his will, and all just because he liked to see the world burn, in the words of Alfred.

There are very few movie villains who are quite like him. I've never seen a lot of horror movies, like Saw, but I still think he would beat any of them.

Yeah, I wish they would've resolved Joker better. I thought it'd be like in the old movie with Jack Nicholson, where he'd fall off the building still laughing, but alas....

Spoiler Alert!
Old July 19th, 2008, 01:37 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I made my father in law wait outside for the final credit and when all the lights came on and the screen stopped the 50 or so people left in the theater all sighed in discomfort that the movie was over and we all had to go home without any extra scene to justify the 5 minutes we spent after the movie was over.
It wasn't wasted, you got to hear some great music by Hans Zimmer!!!

(He's my favorite soundtrack composer)
Old July 19th, 2008, 03:59 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I very rarely agree with Whytefang about anything, but I have to say I came to the same conclusion. The movie was too long. It was a very enjoyable 2.5 hours, but it would have been more enjoyable with about 40 minutes less. No, the story could not have been the same - they would have had to resolve some things differently and with a little more zippy pace - but it would have been a little less convoluted, a little easier to follow, and a little better at keeping up the adrenaline and killer Batman action.

Also, I wanted a lot more Two Face. I completely understand why that worked out the way it did, and in light of the message of the movie and the story they were telling, I agree completely with how it was told. But I think Two Face is a cool villain, and I wanted more, that's all.

As far as the spoiler deaths - sure, they were sad, and unexpected to boot, but they propelled the story and were valuable to the message of the film. Sad, sure, but necessary.

Quote:
The only part of the movie I did not like is the 3 missuses of the name Jesus...
We must have watched different movies. The one I saw didn't have Jesus or his three wives anywhere in there. And frankly, the fact that you believe Jesus had three 'missuses' disturbs me. I question your faith. Even the most liberal Biblical scholars only ever credit him with one wife, and they're largely discounted. I believe you're preaching heresy, and I would appreciate it if you would keep your anti-Christian hate-mongering to yourself.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old July 19th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Last edited by Griffin; July 21st, 2008 at 05:17 AM.
Old July 19th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I believe the main reason they left it so long, and didn't seem to cut much, because most of what they would have cut was Ledgers part.

It was long, but I'd rather see a movie go to long than to short. If I buy a ticket, I want to see my movies worth.

Ledgers performance was brilliant[I'm not just saying that because of his passing either]He has played the best joker I've seen, and I thought better than any batman comic I've read.That voice chills me to the bones, and thats a great thing. He truly was a genius, and I hope that anyone who plays a villain in movies does what ledger did, and stay alone for a month, writing down what the villains thoughts would be.
I will be seeing this movie again this Sunday, just for the heck of it.[Maybe a couple more times after that!!!]
The only two things I was disappointed in were
-The movie was long[Covered earlier]
-I felt like crying ever time Ledger was on screen.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old July 19th, 2008, 08:13 AM
I got your favorite member right here

Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Stuff that "proves" Jews, Muslims, and most anybody he doesn't like or agree with is going to hell.
Oh no, don't poke IMax. Forgive him, IMax, he knows not what he does.

"Missuses". Heh.

So then, folks, you're saying I should go to watch this the minute I get off of the plane on Tuesday, then?

You are the brute squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh finally
And go Flock yourself.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies