Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Cartographers
C3G2.0 Cartographers This is the forum where we Discuss, Create, and Display all our Maps.

Old September 22nd, 2023, 04:58 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Conflict Chernobyl

CONFLICT CHERNOBYL

A C3G Competitive Map
Size: 38 x 28 inches

Download the PDF File/Pocket Mod

Required Terrain Sets
Spoiler Alert!

Required Terrain Count
Spoiler Alert!

SETUP:
Includes 4 Large Single-Base Tree Destructible Objects & 2 Huge Ruin Wall Destructible Objects.

SPECIAL RULES:
• All Objects that are trees have the Nature and Tree keywords, and all others that are plants have the Nature keyword.
• The Ruin Wall Destructible Objects have the Inorganic and Rubble keywords. If one would be moved, it is defeated instead.

In 1986, a nuclear power plant accident in Ukraine forced the people of Chernobyl to abandon their city. The city would not remain unoccupied forever though, as decades later mad scientist, terrorist, and criminal groups found it's reputation a useful tool to hide nefarious dealings.

Resources and Rulings
• The Ruin Walls have the Rubble keyword, so if one is defeated, the player who defeated it may place two Debris Destructible Objects on any unoccupied spaces that were adjacent to the ruin wall prior to its defeat.
• See this map's wiki page for strategies!

Credits
• Legacy design: Yodaking
• Playtesters: Updates
• N/A

Last edited by IAmBatman; April 25th, 2024 at 09:50 AM.
Old September 22nd, 2023, 05:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Conflict Chernobyl

Not sure what, if any updates people were thinking about here. The Jungle bushes & trees just creating obstruction instead of the previous defense aura might change how people approach the center of the map.

Not sure how much the glyphs were ever used, I generally played without them. I skimmed through the old thread, it looks like there was some previous discussion on the idea of having some kind of radiation damage. That could be easier to do now in 2.0 via Toxic Damage Die. Orbital Laser was mentioned as a way to move away from using the classic glyphs as well.

I realized I haven't yet downloaded VS on this new laptop. So I'll need to do that before I can pull the tile count info.
Old September 22nd, 2023, 05:04 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I never really used the glyphs on this ... but I also never really use the part of the map the glyphs are by, so ... that might be something where the map would just work better if I *did* use the glyphs.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 22nd, 2023, 05:16 PM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, they were certainly placed to try and draw some action away from the middle high ground.
Old September 22nd, 2023, 05:23 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post

I realized I haven't yet downloaded VS on this new laptop. So I'll need to do that before I can pull the tile count info.
I have this map in VS as well if you don't want to deal with getting the software to work on your laptop

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 22nd, 2023, 05:26 PM
C3G Landlord

I need to get it installed either way if I ever want to make a new map. Just need to go find the link.
Old September 22nd, 2023, 06:04 PM
C3G Landlord

All set on the VS & PDF printer (I think, haven't tested that out yet). Updated the tile count. Went with the 4 evergreen trees as DO's. Could also make the Ruin Walls Huge DO's (can't be thrown, but could be destroyed).

Had an idea for some flavor.

Special Rule:
Ambient Radiation
During clean up, each player must choose a figure they control that does not have the inorganic keyword, if possible, and roll a Toxic Damage die against that figure. Each figure may only be chosen once for Ambient Radiation per game.

A thought I had concerning the tokens, is to just make them a random Rank 1 Gear Item. Could create a small incentive to go over and pick one up.

*Another stray thought. Do we want to place some Toxic Waste Barrels on this map over where the tokens currently are instead of using tokens? Then if you lose control of the middle HG, you can go and start throwing Toxic Waste at any units grouped up in the middle of the map and try to drive them off that perch.
Old September 22nd, 2023, 06:10 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'll go on record as being against random tokens on maps. The randomness means they play inconsistenly and it adds to setup to have to choose a random one as well (which also means people are more likely to ignore their being on the map and play without). If we're going to put tokens on maps, I think we should be intentional about them.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 22nd, 2023, 06:12 PM

On the special rule, kind of a similar thought. If we're going to be using this for testing a lot and the rule doesn't do anything to add to map balance, I'd rather avoid it. Like if it was a rule being used to encourage figures to move off of specific areas to make things more balanced, I'd be into it, but just as a general whole map rule, it feels like something extra to remember that would distract from a playtest, and then more the type of thing to put on a story card or something.

Old September 22nd, 2023, 06:16 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'll go on record as being against random tokens on maps. The randomness means they play inconsistenly and it adds to setup to have to choose a random one as well (which also means people are more likely to ignore their being on the map and play without). If we're going to put tokens on maps, I think we should be intentional about them.
That's a fair take. In reference to this map, could maybe use some type of shield/protection for those who missed out on the middle HG. Shield Belt? Manhole Cover? Teleportation Belt could be useful?

IDK, was hoping for a simple conversion here but also willing to discuss idea that will make the map better.
Old September 22nd, 2023, 06:16 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
On the special rule, kind of a similar thought. If we're going to be using this for testing a lot and the rule doesn't do anything to add to map balance, I'd rather avoid it. Like if it was a rule being used to encourage figures to move off of specific areas to make things more balanced, I'd be into it, but just as a general whole map rule, it feels like something extra to remember that would distract from a playtest, and then more the type of thing to put on a story card or something.
This

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 22nd, 2023, 06:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:

Yeah, Story Card might be the way to go with that kind of idea. I also worry it will just be forgotten/ignored more often then not. Or discourage people from playing on the map.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Cartographers