Video Games Computer and console games.

Old February 28th, 2008, 01:34 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle92
What I would like to see in the sequel:

More worlds, longer story

Better graphics. I loved the graphics in the cutscenes and one thing that got me the big difference between the cutscene graphics and in-game graphics.

NO glitches

Make the characters more diverse. If that means slightly reducing the amount of playable characters that's fine.(They have plenty, several which I never once tried). What I mean is, for the most all the characters were somewhat watered down. Lots of different powers worked similarily, while overall characters ended up playing as either a brawler or ranged unit. Each character should be unique to play

If they could also make it somewhat more realistic that would also be great, in terms of the strength of the characters, e.g Elektra fighting on the same level as Thor. What I thought, was that there should be some sort of tier or point system. So the characters will all be of different strength levels, so they won't necessarily be around equal strength. And your team could only have a certain amount of points, but as you progress through the game, your total amount of points would increase, so you could have more heavy-hitters as the game progressed. So near the beginning of the game you would be using weaker charcters, like Elektra and Blade more, while near the end you'll have more power-houses on your team, like Thor, or Silver Surfer.

Hmmm.... Heroes having point values....Building a team of heroes with a limited amount of points.......Hey that sounds a lot like 'Scape!
I don't like the idea of heroes having point tiers, because I think you should, if you want to, be able to play the same team through the whole campaign with no penalties or difficulties. Purists will complain that puts Elektra and Thor on the same level, but its a game and I think that sacrifice needs to be made to keep the game fun.

I agree though, that the heroes could be a touch more varied, but I don't want their numbers reduced. I'd also like to see equipment show up on character models and be more varied....perhaps it could come in categories like belts, gloves/bracelets, necklaces, hats, etc....a character could wear one of each type. I don't want ANY reduction in characters. The only ones I'd think it okay to lose would be the four downloadable villains, as their inclusion in the story is questionable at best. If anything, I want more characters. I think the game should have had a playable Vision and Beast and Namor, instead of teasing us with them. It should also be slightly easier to unlock some of the hidden heroes. I really don't want to have to track down all the figures to find Daredevil and Black Panther. They should just unlock as you play, or when you beat the game, or for playing a certain number of multiplayer matches, or for multiple conditions like in Smash Bros.

If they do bring back playable villains, I'd want them as a second bonus campaign...sort of the black-ops squad of misfits.

I found myself vastly preferring ranged characters over melee, so I think melee characters need more perks. It was just too tempting to take Captain America, Spider-Woman, and Thor and range the heck out of everyone, leaving Wolverine only for auto-pilot cleanup because his healing factor would keep him alive.

Yeah...ditch the glitches, improve the graphics. I don't think they will be able to do the game as good as those AWESOME cut scenes without a lot of slow down (especially during multiplayer matches), but they could certainly do a better job than they did. The graphics should look current-gen this time around.

More worlds....eh, I thought they were big enough, and varied enough, and that the game was reasonably long. I mean we went from Atlantis to Outer Space to China to Valhalla to He-ll and beyond. That's pretty varied I think. In the next game I'd like to see a Savage Land level where you fight dinosaurs, and perhaps a level set in regular ol' New York City, where most of the characters are based anyway. A game set in the Morlock tunnels could be fun too.
Old February 28th, 2008, 02:52 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
...In the next game I'd like to see a Savage Land level where you fight dinosaurs, and perhaps a level set in regular ol' New York City, where most of the characters are based anyway. A game set in the Morlock tunnels could be fun too.
All three of those were in, the game that is the spiritual predecessor to UA, X-men legends 2.
Old February 28th, 2008, 02:57 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by King's Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
...In the next game I'd like to see a Savage Land level where you fight dinosaurs, and perhaps a level set in regular ol' New York City, where most of the characters are based anyway. A game set in the Morlock tunnels could be fun too.
All three of those were in, the game that is the spiritual predecessor to UA, X-men legends 2.
I know. I have that game and really enjoyed it, but I'd like to see those areas make a return in Marvel Alliance. They're all big places, so there wouldn't have to be any overlap of level design. I was genuinely surprised that NYC didn't show up in Marvel Alliance. I want to fling manhole covers and parking meters at folks like in the old Ninja Turtle Game!
Old February 28th, 2008, 07:52 PM

oracle92 knows what's in an order marker oracle92 knows what's in an order marker
I don't think everyone would like some sort of point tier. You could still theoretically play the same team the whole game through; it would just be harder, because you could have more powerful charcters on your team. But even so, they definately could make heroes more varied(I'm sure everyone would like that). As for the graphics, I feel the next MUA would be for only next-gen consoles, so that wouldn't be a problem.

I guess all the "realistic" issues only bug me a bit since these are marvel characters and we know about how strong they are. If this game had been the exact same, but with no marvel characters, and was just some generic dungeon-crawler, those things wouldn't really bug me.

But we all love Marvel.

The dice help those who help themselves.
Old February 28th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
For the next game, there's one thing I want - a more streamlined plot. While the one in the previous game certainly made sense (Doom and friends want to TAKE OVER THE UNIVERSE!!!), it felt all over the place. One minute you're in Valhalla, the next you're in outer space, then Earth, then Hell... so on and so forth.

I'd like a more natural plot progression next time around. Start off in a city, and slowly expand into the far reaches of the universe. Or something.
Old February 28th, 2008, 11:41 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
For the next game, there's one thing I want - a more streamlined plot. While the one in the previous game certainly made sense (Doom and friends want to TAKE OVER THE UNIVERSE!!!), it felt all over the place. One minute you're in Valhalla, the next you're in outer space, then Earth, then Hell... so on and so forth.

I'd like a more natural plot progression next time around. Start off in a city, and slowly expand into the far reaches of the universe. Or something.
I'd like that too. I feel like the plot did too much fanboy service. All the heroes getting together kinda makes sense...like they all band together to stop some big crisis. But the villains and the settings were all over the place and didn't make a whole lot of sense. I like the outlandish settings, but I think the plot could do more to justify them and flow better. It might be nice if the main baddie showed up more thoughout the story too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games