Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 14th, 2017, 08:52 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: C3G Synergy units

I'm not big on having the point values listed right in the synergies, but that's not a deal-breaker for me.

What format are we using for the Books themselves, then? Something like this?

Quote:
Synergy Benefits Received:
Synergy Benefits Offered:
Is there any point in breaking out into Received and Offered when both are effectively just links to the same place?
Old April 14th, 2017, 10:30 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'm not big on having the point values listed right in the synergies, but that's not a deal-breaker for me.

What format are we using for the Books themselves, then? Something like this?

Quote:
Synergy Benefits Received:
Synergy Benefits Offered:
Is there any point in breaking out into Received and Offered when both are effectively just links to the same place?
I believe it is worth it since there are times when the received and offered comes from separate synergies.

EDIT: Also I don't mind the point values...if you are army buildings it may be helpful to have that all in one location...besides that...all the synergy links are currently displaying the points so I'd hate to have to go back and delete it for all of them. Q just added in the bottom half of the post. The top portion was existing and is how all the post are set up.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 14th, 2017, 10:33 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
and I didn't want to quote is full post but @dok as well..

That's exactly what I was thought in my mind when the synergy list was started. I like centralized info for things that change/update often. Less chance of a miss or an error.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 15th, 2017, 02:47 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like having the point total of the figures I'm considering right there. It makes army building really efficient. Look at the synergy options available and pick one that fits a points total that works for you.
Old April 15th, 2017, 07:51 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Just to be clear, I like the point values listed up top where all the figures are. What I don't like is the point values thrown into the synergies received/offered sections. "Mutants may be moved by Cyclops's (190) Mutant Field Commander special power." I'd rather that didn't have a number in the middle of the sentence.

Like I said, not a deal-breaker though.

I've got some fairly urgent book-keeping stuff to hit this weekend, so let's hash out a format for the Books. Here's what I was thinking. Example is Black Canary:

Quote:
Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Black Canary may allow a Green Arrow figure to attack after taking a turn with her do to her Cupid's Arrow special power. Current Green Arrows.
Benefits Offered/Received are broken down in the individual synergy posts, so I don't think they really need to be in the books as well. Just leads to a lot of double-linking the same thing. What we do need is a divide between synergy benefits coming from other units' powers, and synergy benefits coming from the unit itself, hence the "incoming" and "outgoing" labels.
Old April 15th, 2017, 09:23 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Just to be clear, I like the point values listed up top where all the figures are. What I don't like is the point values thrown into the synergies received/offered sections. "Mutants may be moved by Cyclops's (190) Mutant Field Commander special power." I'd rather that didn't have a number in the middle of the sentence.
Agreed.

Quote:
Quote:
  • Black Canary may allow a Green Arrow figure to attack after taking a turn with her do to her Cupid's Arrow special power. Current Green Arrows.
Benefits Offered/Received are broken down in the individual synergy posts, so I don't think they really need to be in the books as well. Just leads to a lot of double-linking the same thing. What we do need is a divide between synergy benefits coming from other units' powers, and synergy benefits coming from the unit itself, hence the "incoming" and "outgoing" labels.
I like this, the incoming/outgoing synergy breakdown makes a lot of sense.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old April 16th, 2017, 02:44 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
Agreed.

Quote:
Quote:
I like this, the incoming/outgoing synergy breakdown makes a lot of sense.
I also agree with all of this.
Old April 17th, 2017, 09:15 PM
Symbiotic

Any other thoughts on using the incoming/outgoing synergies as a format for the books?

Tagging some of the people who have weighed in here... @japes @Yodaking @quozl

Planning on updating books with that if no-one has any other suggestions.
Old April 18th, 2017, 02:48 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Looks like a good idea to me.
Old April 18th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

You should probably make sure the rest of the Heroes are okay with it too. @johnny139 , @TrollBrute , @Tornado , any objections to the suggested changes here (specifically, the incoming/outgoing version Ronin suggested)?

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old April 18th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

All good with me.
Old April 18th, 2017, 01:24 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

The way I see it, the incoming/outgoing synergy list doesn't really need to be in the same post as the list of figures. If we agree on that, then I (and others who lack moderating powers here) could help by just putting together the incoming/outgoing synergy posts and adding them to the synergies thread. Sound good?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy