Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 8th, 2017, 04:27 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Kristoff von Doom (Public Playtesting Phase)

I think giving the FF spell access gives the Adventurers plenty of reason to want to pick him up. Putting too much more weight behind the Adventurer builds runs the risk of making him not Doom-friendly enough.
Old April 11th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'd like to test this guy fairly soon (i.e. this week or the coming week), but without access to spells, that could be tricky.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 11th, 2017, 10:43 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I'd like to test this guy fairly soon (i.e. this week or the coming week), but without access to spells, that could be tricky.
I'll shoot you a PM with the finalized spells. I think I'll probably be able to close him out once I get another set of games in, so I'd love to see you test him.
Old April 11th, 2017, 12:14 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I'll shoot you a PM with the finalized spells. I think I'll probably be able to close him out once I get another set of games in, so I'd love to see you test him.
Thank you - I'll try to get something in.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 13th, 2017, 09:59 AM
Hard as ice

Here's my first test for Kristoff:

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Kristoff von Doom

Army Test 1
Map: Grundy's Grave (no glyphs)
Armies:
Mister Fantastic, Kristoff von Doom, Invisible Woman, Animal Man, Plastic Man, Hellcat, Wasp (vI), Condemn, 1x Hellfire: Ignition, 1x Lightning Bolt (1020 points)
vs.
Professor X, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Bishop, Angel (1020 points)
Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 13th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Symbiotic

Cool. Looking good so far.

The Adventurers are pretty fun to play, in my experience, though they do live and die by Reed's d20. You have to be up for that kind of swinginess in order to take them.

I've thought about some alternate Adventurer/Scientist frameworks and I'd love to see the Future Foundation versions of the characters someday, but that's probably quite a long ways off.
Old April 13th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Hard as ice

- Theme Test - Inconclusive, seeing as I don’t know the character, but nothing felt wrong certainly. As someone who loves the concept of Doom as a villain (though still hasn't found anything good with him, Goddammit! ), the idea of a Ward for him who can inherit his title is really cool to me.
- Mirror Test - Pass
- Bonding Test -
Pass - He felt fine, as both an Advenurer and a Doom sidekick.
- Synergies Test - Pass - See above
- Power Check - Pass
- Fun Test -
Pass - If you really want him to feel fun, you'll probably want to take a couple of spells with him, but at that bargain price, why wouldn't you?
- Fun Competitive Test - Pass - No issues.
- Drafting Test - Pass - This guy's going to be a stalwart whenever I feel like taking Doom from now on, is a great addition to an Adventurer build if you want a cheap spell-caster, and, honestly, may even see service as a budget magic-user in a number of generic builds, though I'm less sure there.
- Usage Test - Pass, though it'll be something of a rarity for him to get the Doombots' bonuses - he has to live long enough, and you have to fail that fairly easy roll at least once. I would like to note, though, that replacing a Doombot with him may not always be the best thing, even though you don't get a choice (I believe?) - this guy would have one more life and spell casting capability, while the Doombot has one more attack and defence and flying. I'm not saying that replacing a Doombot with this guy is always a bad thing, just that it could be, and it's far from universally beneficial, like replacing one with Doom (any version - even Hasbro ) would be. Not a problem, but something I thought I should mention.
- Strategy Test - Pass - When your strongest asset is being a cheap figure who can cast one, and only one, spell each round, you bet there’s some strategy involved, and if you want to get Doom’s Heir working in a Latverian build, you’re going to have to think very carefully to keep him alive.

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Kristoff von Doom

Army Test 1
Map: Grundy's Grave (no glyphs)
Armies:
Mister Fantastic, Kristoff von Doom, Invisible Woman, Animal Man, Plastic Man, Hellcat, Wasp (vI), Condemn, 1x Hellfire: Ignition, 1x Lightning Bolt (1020 points)
vs.
Professor X, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Bishop, Angel (1020 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Draugur (No Glyphs, normal snow, normal ice)
Armies;
Doctor Doom (C3G) (vI), Kristoff von Doom, 3x Doombots, Final Ruin, 1x Hellfire: Fire Line (790 points)
vs.
Captain America (C3G), Bucky, Iron Man (Hulkbuster), Guile (790 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts On The Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, & Draftibility:

I really like this guy, and testing him’s getting me even more excited about the spells - and, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but about playing the Adventurers again. (I still wouldn’t choose to test with them, for the record - too erratic.) He makes a great sidekick for Doom too. Comparing him with Tim Drake, though, I feel like he could be just a tad undercosted, and could benefit from a 10pt price bump to 115, just to be on the safe side.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; April 13th, 2017 at 06:51 PM.
Old April 13th, 2017, 03:09 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think with new spell casters we will want to err on the high side to help buffer against future spells.

Great tests once again L_O. Always one of my highlights.
Old April 13th, 2017, 04:03 PM
Symbiotic

I don't mind bumping his cost based on performance, but if you're going strictly by Tim-comparison, I'm not too worried. There are more cost-effective sidekicks than Tim, like for instance just about all of them.
Old April 13th, 2017, 08:37 PM
Symbiotic

Alright, how about these tweaks:

Quote:
POINTS = 115

DOOM'S HEIR
If there is a Doctor Doom in your army but you do not control a Doctor Doom on the battlefield, Kristoff adds 1 to his Attack number and whenever a special power on another Army Card you control refers to Doctor Doom, it refers to Kristoff as well.
I'm not convinced the cost bump is totally necessary, but he is a guy that I'm planning on opening up more synergies for, so I'm willing to roll with it and play it safe here.

The Doom's Heir changes are meant to accomplish a few things:

1) Handle the situation of multiple Doctor Dooms a little more clearly. Wanted to handle that particularly because the Ultimate version of Doctor Doom would be "Victor van Damme" and be co-draftable with Doom-classic. You also get the occasional alternate-universe version of Doctor Doom that isn't Victor at all. Not expecting too many of those to ever make their way into C3G, but may as well be prepared.

2) Let Kristoff inherit the mantle in some corner cases where Doom gets pulled off the battlefield or otherwise taken down without being destroyed. Brainiac's Miniaturized Collection, for instance.

3) Include the "you control" bit to rule out the idea that the references to "Doctor Doom" on a destroyed Doctor Doom's card also refer to Kristoff.

The "on the battlefield" bit is technically redundant, but I believe we often throw it in for clarification.
Old April 13th, 2017, 09:27 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old April 14th, 2017, 09:24 AM
Symbiotic

Alright, SP updated. I'm pretty content with the results here. He went 5-4, but didn't get used at all in one of those wins, plus he got his points bumped up a little.

I'm proposing we move Kristoff to Final Editing.

@japes - yea
@Viegon - yea
@Tornado - yea
@TrollBrute - yea
@johnny139
@Yodaking - yea

Last edited by Ronin; April 14th, 2017 at 02:12 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library