Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old February 24th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Rembrandt of Repaints

bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness
KRUG repaint

Since I'm also a Warhammer player I'm used to my "main" figures being centerpieces. Now that my son is playing 'scape like crazy and I am too of course, I decided to paint up Krug! He's a pretty good sculpt and the original paint job isn't terrible at all, but I wanted mine to look different from any other Krug, be a bit brighter and stand out a bit more, and also have the subtle improvements that make for a much nicer looking figure. I chose red for all the cloth bits on him to unify the figure (also the blah off-white diaper he's wearing didn't stand out enough for me), also made the metals a few shades brighter so he'd jump off the table a bit, same with the lighter skin tone and highlights...also used a light leather color for straps to create more contrast.

here's a finished pic, then lots more of how it all happened will follow :0

So, here's Krug, original style, though I have started to scrape off the mold lines (number one no-no on a figure). You will also note on Krug (and my red circles will help more) that there are sizable gaps in the figure construction.

next up pics after I spray-painted him lightly to highlight any errors I may have missed

Last edited by bonegnasher; February 24th, 2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old February 24th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Rembrandt of Repaints

bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: KRUG repaint

Next up, here he is spray-painted white, this helps me find mold lines I missed (which there were a few) and also highlights any gaps in the model which I might need to fill...

Old February 24th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Rembrandt of Repaints

Now here's the next phase, I'm no pro with greenstuff but I filled in all the gaps best I could, and scraped the last of the mold lines off

Old February 24th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Rembrandt of Repaints

Then all that was left to paint him! Good thing about a camera that zooms nice, I will post the following pics to show some paint errors that I made and missed with my naked eye, quite easy to see when magnified like this (holding him in my hand these were kind of hard to see, even after the camera spotted them for me)...all that remains is to go back and touch him up now!

Old February 24th, 2013, 09:00 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Awesome! He looks a lot more like a typical fantasy troll now! +rep

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 24th, 2013, 09:45 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Awesome! He looks a lot more like a typical fantasy troll now! +rep
Very nice job!!!
Old February 24th, 2013, 10:27 PM

RafflesiaBloom knows what's in an order marker RafflesiaBloom knows what's in an order marker

Wow, he looks great!

sig.png
Dainty Flower
Old February 25th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Wow, you really have an eye for detail. Nicely done!
Old February 25th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looks great! If you were looking to improve one thing, I'd say to try to bring the highlights up another layer. Drybrushing lighter colors over the most raised portions would really make him pop, I think. That said, he's really nice as-is; I especially like the vibrant green you chose for the skin.
Old February 26th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Rembrandt of Repaints

So I finally did my minor re-touches, and added his pupils, so he's finished! Here he is having a little talk with my repaint-in-progress of Grimnak about whether Arrow Gruts or Heavy Gruts are more fun to party with!

and close-up of Krug, hope you enjoy!

Old March 3rd, 2013, 12:09 AM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

great repaint, thank you for posting all these pictures, its really interesting to see your step by step process.

Its guides like this that teach me how to do stuff, all my customs and ideas normaly come from threads like these that inspire and teach me new things.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 11:22 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Wow, you really have an eye for detail. Nicely done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonegnasher View Post
So I finally did my minor re-touches, and added his pupils, so he's finished!

Literally!

Again, great repaint!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions