Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old March 27th, 2014, 10:05 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: Holocron of 2-1B (vote to move to public playtesting)

Yes, you are correct. It passes. Please post in the Playtest Thread and link it to this thread. I'll update the OP of the Playtest Thread. Sorry for leaving you hanging a bit here. We've been busy in the Sanctum getting ready for the next release.
Old March 27th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Thread title needs updating. Drop the "Vote to move to" part.
Old March 27th, 2014, 12:53 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Thread title needs updating. Drop the "Vote to move to" part.
Okay, updated (forgot to do that while on the computer).

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old April 26th, 2014, 09:41 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Holocron of 2-1B (public playtesting)

Here's overview of unit and summary/detail of 1st playtest, 2nd playtest still to come.

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT 2-1B

ARMY CARD TEXT
Paste the text for the version of the card used in the test.
Spoiler Alert!

THEME TEST
Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that do not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS. Simple, straightforward, and fits the theme.

MIRROR TEST
Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS.

BONDING TEST
Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS.

SYNERGIES TEST
Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit too powerful or too weak.
PASS. As a Droid, 2-1B can benefit from R2-D2’s Astromech Internal Systems Repair.

POWER CHECK
Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, Who or What it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS. Effectively no attack power. The Field Medic power is limited to heroes of the Rebel Alliance which seems reasonable and keeps the special power balanced (though I could see wanting to allow him to heal others in a blended force - e.g. Rebels + some classic scape heroes).

FUN TEST
Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS. Particularly benefits a group of Rebel Alliance heroes to survive against an onslaught of opposing squads.

FUN COMPETITIVE TEST
Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS. The 2 wound removal did not seem overwhelming, though could certainly keep a Rebel hero standing with the right OM management.

DRAFTING TEST
Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS. At 50 points, 2-1B seems to fit in well as a filler unit and definitely worth drafting if there are sufficient heroes to keep in play.

USAGE TEST
Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS. Yes, all were usable/used.

STRATEGY TEST
Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS. Yes, 2-1B adds some new strategy decisions for the Rebel Alliance. 2-1B forms a nice pod with R2D2 and C3P0 (90 point group) where 2-1B can heal a hero or two and R2D2 can potentially keep 2-1B going a bit longer. It makes sense to give 2-1B an occasional OM to keep close to some Rebel heroes – a strategy that works well if 2-1B can stay somewhat sheltered, though likely vulnerable to explosion-type attacks if too close. But 2-1B encourages keeping some Rebel heroes at a ranged distance where they can attack but keep going longer.

OVERALL SUMMARY
Describe your overall impressions of the design and how it plays.
PASS. I really liked the simplicity, the ease and certainty of healing (a real contrast to other healing units), and the variety it offers to Rebel Alliance strategy.

Army Test 1
Create a competitive army with the design and play it against another competitive army of the same or similar point cost.
For my first test, I paired 2-1B with the other Rebel droids, Leia, and Rebel Captain and Troopers defending against Stormtroopers.

Map: personal Hoth Base & Caves (no glyphs; see pics)
Spoiler Alert!

Units:
Army 1: 475 points –2-1B, Leia, C3PO, R2D2, Rebel Captain, Rebel Troopers x4.
VS
Army 2: 485 points – Tarkin, Imperial Officer, Stormtroopers x3.

Results:
Army 2 wins after 9 rounds on points with: 405 points Tarkin [4 life], Imperial Officer [2 life], 9 Stormtroopers [and 3 available to send another squad] vs. 255 points Leia [3 life], Rebel Captain [2 life], 2-1B [3 life], R2D2 [4 life], C3PO [3 life].
The Rebel Troops had a good start, but the Captain and Leia could not protect them from the Stormtroopers. While there were still Rebel heroes holding out after 9 rounds, the Rebel troops had disintegrated under the continual onslaught by Imperial Stormtroopers. Leia and a Rebel Captain with their droid allies continued to hold the last door, but it was only a matter of time before Tarkin ground them down to achieve victory, penned up as the Rebels were and with no means of reaching the Imperial Officer, sitting back and out of sight and continually bringing down reinforcements.
2-1B played well restoring 2 life to the Rebel Captain and later restoring 2 life, then 1 life to Leia. 50 points seemed to be on target.

Battle pictures
Spoiler Alert!

Detail Battle Report!
Spoiler Alert!

to be continued...

Last edited by faure; April 27th, 2014 at 04:16 PM. Reason: added playtest 1 detail battle report
Old April 29th, 2014, 06:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Please link the above PT to the first post. I'll start working a PT for 2-1B but it might get interrupted with some Inner Sanctum testing.
Old April 29th, 2014, 07:01 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Please link the above PT to the first post. I'll start working a PT for 2-1B but it might get interrupted with some Inner Sanctum testing.
Okay, it is done. Sorry, about that. It popped up in my Subscriptions during a busy time and I forgot to link it.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old April 29th, 2014, 07:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Okay, it is done. Sorry, about that. It popped up in my Subscriptions during a busy time and I forgot to link it.
No problem, it is an easy thing to forget but it makes it much easier to quickly review all the tests when it comes time to vote.
Old April 30th, 2014, 10:19 AM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You might want to update the first post to include:

Synergies Offered: Unique Rebel Heroes may benefit from 2-1B's Field Medic special power.
Unique Rebel Heroes include: Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan, Rebel Captain

Synergies Received: as a Droid Hero can benefit from R2-D2's Astromech Internal Systems special power.
Old May 1st, 2014, 08:20 PM

Army Test 2
Create a competitive army with the design and play it against another competitive army of the same or similar point cost.
For my second test, I wanted to see the impact of 2-1B with an all hero force vs. a different and more potent squad-based army composed of the Marro Stingers and fast moving Grok Riders.

Map: personal Hoth Base & Caves (no glyphs; see build pics from playtest 1 and other pics below)
Units:
Army 1: 520 points
2-1B, Leia, C3PO, R2D2, Luke, Han, Chewbacca.
VS
Army 2: 520 points – Me-Burq-Sa, Ne-Gok-Sa, Kee-Mo-Shi, Grok Riders x1, Marro Stingers x2.

Results:
Army 1 wins in 10 rounds with: Leia (4 life), Luke (3 life), C3PO (1 life), 2-1B (3 life).
Me-Burq-Sa led the Grok Riders quickly into the attack against Luke and Leia while the Stingers advanced against Han and Chewbacca. Grok Riders landed early wounds against the siblings as well as Han, but soon fell to counterattacks by Han, Luke, and Chewbacca while 2-1B did a quick job healing Luke. Ne-Gok-Sa and Han traded blows, and the Stingers launched a vicious attack which would have killed Han except Chewbacca paid his Life Debt. Han didn’t last much longer – the subsequent Stinger attack took him out. 2-1B healed Leia back to full strength, though. Luke made a daring escape and then killed a Stinger. Leia weakened and then killed off Ne-Gok-Sa while Luke took out more Stingers. Kee-Mo-Shi finally entered the battle as well. Leia took wounds but 2-1B kept her alive and fighting, weakening the warwitch. Though Luke was able to save R2D2 once from Kee-Mo-Shi, the valiant droid fell. At last, Luke used the force and struck the fatal blow against the last of the Marro.
2-1B healed Luke (+1 life), Leia (+2 life), Leia (+1 life), Leia (+2 life).

Detail Battle Report!
Spoiler Alert!

Another good battle for 2-1B!
Old May 1st, 2014, 10:58 PM
C3G Landlord

Nice pictures there and a good test. I just finished up my tests for him as well. I'll post it sometime soon.

Last edited by Yodaking; May 1st, 2014 at 11:48 PM.
Old May 1st, 2014, 11:49 PM
C3G Landlord

Here are my test results:

2-1B
Rebel Alliance

Droid
Unique Hero
Medical
Precise
Medium ?

Life 3
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 0
Defense 3

Points 50

Rebel Field Medic
Instead of attacking, you may choose an adjacent friendly figure that is not a Droid, Vehicle, or Weapon who follows the Rebel Alliance and remove up to two wound markers from the chosen figure's Army Card.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (2-1B)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass for now, but might consider an X OM reveal clause in Rebel Field Medic. I could see some kind of droid bonding later down the road that might make for too good of a combo. Or was that then intent with the FX droid?

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass, although 2-1B ended up being my last unit in the second game and with no attack ability he was pretty useless. Perhaps give him an attack of 1.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
pass

Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No? yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 50 seems fine to me.
- Give a brief overview. This game swung back and forth. The Rebels put a quick 4W on Vader but then Vader flew into a rage. 2-1B healed Han back to full health, but the droid quickly fell to Vaders’ sabre. The Force failed to warn Obi-Wan about the treasure glyph trap and after some poor defense rolls tried to heal up in the Bacta Tank. He learned the hard way that 2-1B is the better healing option when the E-Web Trooper destroyed the Bacta Tank with him still inside it. Han managed to grab the girdle of Giant Strength and promptly used in on the E-Web Trooper. Vader finally chased down Han and finished him off once and for all. Luke scored a lucky hit to take down Vader after a couple of lucky defense rolls, then the remaining Snowtroopers were no match for Luke on high ground.
Map: Abandoned Echo Base (Heavy Snow, Slippery Ice, Girdle of Giant Strength Glyph used)
Units: 2-1B, Han, Chewie, Obi-Wan, Luke (530) vs. Vader, E-Web Trooper, Snow Troopers x3 (530)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
- Does it pass, Yes or No? yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 50 still seems okay to me.
- Give a brief overview. Derlin, tempted by the glyph, got too far out in front of everyone else and ended up dead early on. The RHGs took down most of the Empire army, including the IO but it was not enough. The IO called up 6 additional troops and that is who won the game. Leia & 2-1B had a chance late in the game but lost initiative then Leia rolled very poorly on defense and that was it. 2-1B managed to heal Leia once, but both the RHGB & Leia died right before they were going to be healed.
Map: Abandoned Echo Base (Heavy Snow, Slippery Ice, Ring of Protection Glyph)
Units: 2-1B, Major Derlin, RHG x3, Leia (445) vs. IO, Snow Troopers x3, E-Web Trooper, Probe Droid x2 (445)
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 1st, 2014, 11:53 PM
C3G Landlord

He seems good at 50 points to me. Definitely worth drafting in a Rebel Army as he can quickly heal up more than 50 points of damage, but not so good as to make the Rebels unbeatable. As mentioned above, I would consider giving him an attack of 1 unless you think that is a theme break for him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape