Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Will We Ever See the Generals?
Yes, they would be badass! 24 63.16%
Yes, but only if they cost a lot. 14 36.84%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 8th, 2006, 01:34 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Will We Ever See the Generals?

Was just looking over this map http://www.hasbro.com/objects/conten...pe182_1280.jpg
and noticed that Utgar himself appears in the bottom left corner. That got me thinking: will the generals themselves ever get figures and cards? I could see them happening (and would like to), but only if they cost about 500pts each, with awesome abilities like giving +1 move/attack/defence to everyone in your army who followed them. That way they wouldn't be in every army, but could be used for cool, truly epic battles.
Anyone else have any ideas?

EDIT: One poll option got left out, just post your reasons no for now, until I can get it fixed.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 8th, 2006, 02:50 AM

Country_Dragon has disabled reputation
I say yes we will see the generals but I feel like it would be a last ditch effort kind of thing. I could be wrong but I think they are saving them for the last she-bang you know like when the sales start to drop a lot lets bring out the big boys to recapture everybody. I hope they do though cause that Utgar sketch looks kick@$$ did you notice the wingspan its huge.

But on the other side you have flagbearers just released with the generals dice you would think they would have saved the dice for the generals if they were releasing them.

Another question is how will they release them like the flagbearers $13 a piece with accessories or in a hero pack all five in one with just figures for $20.

Old December 8th, 2006, 02:56 AM
Loves This Site!

ZODGILLA! Woo who?
I see one of the generals when I look in the mirror.

ZODGILLA!
Not bad monster.
(Ten foot tall and bulletproof.)
Old December 8th, 2006, 03:18 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_Dragon
Another question is how will they release them like the flagbearers $13 a piece with accessories or in a hero pack all five in one with just figures for $20.
I agree that it shouldn't be done for a long time, but I think it should definitely be done. As for the packaging, I would think they'd do it like the flagbearers, maybe even at $20 EACH, because they're the generals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODGILLA!
I see one of the generals when I look in the mirror.
O....k....

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 8th, 2006, 03:22 AM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
No. The players represent the generals, and it doesn't make sense to have them personally on the field any more than it makes sense to send the president of a country into a ditch to shoot at people.
NOW STOP ASKING! u_u

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky
Old December 8th, 2006, 03:32 AM

Country_Dragon has disabled reputation
^^^ ^^^
EDIT
vvvv vvvv

Old December 8th, 2006, 03:33 AM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
where is the NO choice. I don't want the generals on teh field. For one, who is going to summon any more guys if thier azz is prancing around on the field? I don't think we'll ever see it. It would dumb on thier part to even try it. And if they package it, anything like they did with FBers, they won't have to worry about me buying any cuz my stuff will be up for sale immediately.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old December 8th, 2006, 03:50 AM
Loves This Site!

ZODGILLA! Woo who?
What, me fight?

I am the general, and I am not going to risk my foothold in Valhalla, when I have the ability to summon, and resummon troops to do my bidding.

ZODGILLA!
Not bad monster.
(Ten foot tall and bulletproof.)
Old December 8th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkadinn
No. The players represent the generals, and it doesn't make sense to have them personally on the field any more than it makes sense to send the president of a country into a ditch to shoot at people.
NOW STOP ASKING! u_u
Amen
Old December 8th, 2006, 10:08 AM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkadinn
NOW STOP ASKING! u_u
Amen
I'm with these guys.
Old December 8th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
It seems like someone asks this question at least once a month...And what kind of poll is that?! There isn't a NO answer.

I hope we don't see the generals as figures.
Old December 8th, 2006, 10:12 AM

Taylor21279 has disabled reputation
I think Zodgilla! had it right when he said he sees one when he looks in the mirror. No good General would fight along side his troops. He commands them, thats why hes a General. Besides, how is Einar supposed to eventually summon his dragon if hes dead on the battlefield=)

"Show me a Hero, and I'll write you a tragedy" - Fitzgerald

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion