Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 9th, 2012, 12:36 AM

pauliesmiley is surprisingly tart
Helms Deep(full size)

Me and Mikeyblaze made and played a Helms Deep recreation. Im overall very pleased with the layout of the map. Unfortunately we dont have any pictures of actual game play but we put some figures in to replicate some of the scenes from the movie. For the game play we had about 80 total defending units Vs about 140 units on the board. Of that 140 units ALL attacking squads would re-spawn once during the game to really get the feel of the movie where they had something like 400-600 defenders Vs 5k-10k Attackers. So the attacker had around 240 units. Any force attacking a well defended position should have a 3-1 ratio for success so this made it realistic and that made us happy. We also had a "bomb" glyph and only a hero could have the bomb glyph. When a figure went up to the sewer gate on the outerwall then he would roll the D20, a 15 or higher and 3 pre-chosen sections of the wall would be removed, any units on those sections would be killed immediately and the hero carrying the bomb would be removed as well.
On the walls you will notice alot of ladders. Those ladders started on the floor and when 2 figures where positioned on both ends of the ladder then the ladder would be put on the wall and one figure would be placed on the top of the ladder to stay true to the movie where there was orcs that rode the ladders to the top of the walls(this did not apply to the citadel).
On the Citadel gate with the sloping ramp we made a lego battering ram(lol). The Ram had space for 4 one space figures. Any of those figures using the ram would receive 1 auto shield on defense from ranged attacks. The ram attacking the door had a few bonus's. First one was the Ram had an attack of 0. The ram received 1 additional attack per person using the ram(4 units, 4 attack dice, 3 units, 3 attack dice etc..). The ram also allowed every figure using the ram to attack(4 figures 4 individual attacks). This made the Ram and the door breach more realistic. And last but not least, the door only received 1 auto shield Vs the ram instead of the normal 2 auto shields. The game was played until one side was completely destroyed. Took four 8 hour sessions to finish. Was well worth it lots of fun. Basically we used any "evil" looking medieval style figures to represent the orc horde and we used "good" figures to represent the human/elf defenders.

Here we have a picture of the inside of the citadel.

Here we have a nice picture and a person to show scale so you can really appreciate the size of the map!

Below is a picture of the side of the defenders side of the map, again so you can see the depth of it.

Here is another picture showing the Attackers en-masse waiting to storm the Citadel

Another angle of the same picture as before.

Some human defenders fighting off Orcs on ladders.

The Breach which almost gave the orcs their Victory

The View of a Defender.

Last edited by pauliesmiley; February 9th, 2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old February 9th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Helms Deep(full size)

Wow!!! Thats an amazing Huuuuuggge map!

How long did it take to build???
Old February 9th, 2012, 08:01 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

WOW! That is SWEET! I have seen many Helms Deep maps,And yours is one of the best!
I do think that when the Bomb blows up only the Squad figures should instantly Die,Because I'm pretty sure Aragorn was on the section that blew up(or at least very near) And He Obviously survived

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old February 9th, 2012, 08:32 AM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

This is a great Helm's Deep Map! I'll admit I'm a little bit dissapointed though, as I was planning on uploading pics of my old Helm's Deep, which is not even half the size and nowhere near as impressive. Still, great map, truly one of the best Helm's Deep maps to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
WOW! That is SWEET! I have seen many Helms Deep maps,And yours is one of the best!
I do think that when the Bomb blows up only the Squad figures should instantly Die,Because I'm pretty sure Aragorn was on the section that blew up(or at least very near) And He Obviously survived

I'm almost sure Gimli was also on that section of the wall.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old February 9th, 2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll View Post

Old February 9th, 2012, 02:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Very nice. 4, 8 hour sessions is a true commitment. Did you allow the attackers and flying units at all?
Old February 9th, 2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll View Post

it took 2 weeks to build...around 50-60 hours
Old February 9th, 2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:

ty and Aragon(Tandros Kreel)started on the wall on the space right next to the section that blew up
Old February 9th, 2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post
This is a great Helm's Deep Map! I'll admit I'm a little bit dissapointed though, as I was planning on uploading pics of my old Helm's Deep, which is not even half the size and nowhere near as impressive. Still, great map, truly one of the best Helm's Deep maps to date.

Quote:

ty and sorry about the dissapointment...but yes gemli(Migol Ironwill) started next to Aragorn on the wall 2nd space from the breach
Old February 9th, 2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Very nice. 4, 8 hour sessions is a true commitment. Did you allow the attackers and flying units at all?
no flying
Old February 9th, 2012, 04:40 PM

k

Last edited by pauliesmiley; February 9th, 2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old February 9th, 2012, 05:07 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauliesmiley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post

Quote:

ty and sorry about the dissapointment...but yes gemli(Migol Ironwill) started next to Aragorn on the wall 2nd space from the breach

No dissapointments, just getting my facts straight. Its been too long since I saw The Two Towers.

And let me add that I think the support system you created for the keep is really great, its pretty cool, and I'm sure saved a ton of terrain.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios