Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old January 7th, 2015, 08:11 AM
quality>quantity

NamibianScaper has disabled reputation
Infinity Wars! Online TCG so good I feel like Craig Van Ness

Okay wow the title bar wasn't long enough for my full title, TCG so good I feel like Craig Van Ness had to be involved.

The reason I'm posting here is because I had that thought, just experiencing some of the mechanics and setup for the first time. I thought this group of gamers might appreciate it (from someone who used to post on heroscapers a lot...)

They call it the "animated card game" because all of the card artwork is animated and that's cool but only where the marketing begins. The overall theme is warhammer 40k-ish with some extra sweet stuff thrown in.

If you are familiar with TCGs like Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh etc, here are some major innovations I have not seen before and are awesome.

1. The two players' turns resolve simultaneously!! - Not possible in an offline TCG, this really takes advantage of the online format. It's awesome.

2. Four separate zones on the field for assault, defense, support, and command. Sounds complicated but it's incredibly intuitive. I love the command and support zones.

3. Open deck construction like Magic yet there are definitely themes like Yu-Gi-Oh as well and they are pretty cool. Two of them I really like, two more are very nice, and the rest I love to destroy. Another thing that reminded me of Heroscape is one faction uses the Valkrill colors.

4. After a few tutorial games, you can immediately jump into a very cool "draft" mode. No waiting to collect a huge number of cards to get into some nice competitive play.

5. Simple resource system yet you can choose to use cards that manipulate it.

6. "Morale" points in addition to health points. Immediately presents two unique ways to win. Would be hard to keep track of in an offline TCG but no sweat with this.

Drawbacks:
Some cards have inappropriate artwork (like almost every fantasy/sci-fi product, nothing too extreme yet)
In draft mode, if you're like me you'll pass up powerful cards because they're demons (but yay destroying them). Thankfully some factions don't have demons at all. One is even basically all angels with guns...

If you want to try this game, it's Infinity Wars by Lightmare studios on Steam. I don't know how to link to things in Steam but if you decide to check it out my code is AF328. It's totally free to start and I haven't spent any money on it yet. As far as I know spending money is never necessary unless you're into fancy customizations or impatient about getting cards for constructed.

Exodus 15:3 "The LORD is a Man of War; The LORD is His name."

LF: 1x Skahen Sents reavers MacDirk, 2xMonks RttFF Snipers Tundra Hounds 3xArmoc Venoc MDrones Aubriens Gruts Romans MacDirks
Old January 7th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Infinity Wars! Online TCG so good I feel like Craig Van

Gonna back up NamibianScaper here. I've played hundreds of hours of Infinity Wars. Not active at the moment due to a limited amount of free time and lots of cool stuff to play, but Infinity Wars is a ton of fun.

~Aldin, who has cards from the new set but hasn't played with them yet

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 8th, 2015, 12:47 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Infinity Wars! Online TCG so good I feel like Craig Van

Is it PC only or is it available on iOS?

- Raider30

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games