Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 22nd, 2013, 06:58 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
NorthEast Ohio Gencon Alternative/Prep 2013

For those that are viewing this thread after a PM to those on the Ohio Scapers thread, glad you checked it out and hope you can come.

Gecon Alternative/Prep
I.E. get some practice if you are going to gencon, and get to play in a similar tourney if you are not going

Date & Location: Saturday, July 20, Noon-4 pm at my folks house (see link for address) in Newbury, OH (nearby Diversions Game Store). My house can hold about 20+ in different rooms on the first floor and 8 more in the basement if needed. It will be less stress on setting up maps if I could do it at home, but if there is more than 20 people that RSVP I will look into a new venue. I will provide snacks and drinks, but feel free to bring your own food/drinks, but this will be a family/kid friendly environment.

Format: Combo of Take 2, Pick Your Poison, and Reverse the Whip!
4 round swiss style tournament. Players bring 2 (two) pre-drafted 440-450 point armies, max 490 for both (i.e. one 440 & one 450 or two 445 max), 16 figure (unlimited hex) armies.
For one army only officially released figures may be used excluding Marvel, the other optionally may contain Marvel as well as C3V, SoV, & CUC - you can even mix and match!. No unit may appear in both armies.
Bring the armies you are going to play and a set of dice and order markers. If you bring more than a 24-hex army (using double-spaced figs and/or hive) please bring extra hexes for the startzone. If you don't have figures for the army you want to play, just ask on this thread and I or someone else can provide it. I will allow proxies for C3V/SoV and even official exclusives (i.e. Sam Brown and Woo), but ask ahead of time. Basically, if you think of armies, you should be able to play them.

Round army draft format:
  • For rounds 1-2, it is Take 2 - Before each game, there will be a dice-off, done by the players. The winner of the dice-off chooses first army choice or second army choice. Whoever has first army choice may choose any of the four armies (either of their two or either of their opponent's two). The other player may then choose from any of the other three armies.
  • For round 3, it is Pick Your Poison, your opponent picks an army for you to play from your army pool only. Highest ranked picks first.
  • For round 4, it is Reverse the Whip, you pick an army for you to play from your opponents pool only. Highest ranked picks first.
Entry fee/Prizes: No fees or prized required, but I am doing something I have seen before for those wishing to participate. Bring a DVD for the prize table, a movie/show you really like but is not that well known (no LOTR or Star Wars). This can be new or used (but no bootlegs) and I suggest either bringing one you have duplicate of (i.e. you later got special edition or Blu-ray upgrade) or go to movie exchange/craigslist and get a copy of your fav movie. This should not be a dumping ground for unwanted movies, though.

Treasure Glyphs and Trap:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
Treasure Glyph Pool:
Heroic Rune - Normal attack +1
Ring of Protection - Defense +3 (temporary)
Potion of Healing (temporary)
Elixir of Speed - Move +4 (temporary)
Brooch of Shielding - Disengage

Negation Trap: All of this figure's special powers are negated for the rest of the game round.
Maps (Including Glyphs)
I can make all but Burial Marsh and either Ticalla Sunrise or Quasatch Playground, and can make a second Dry Season. I will need help making the two maps above if we have more than 14 people, and if we have more than 18 then we will double-up on some maps.
See Gencon 2013 Map thread and/or download the map binder.
Spoiler Alert!

Attendees & Results
Lefton4ya - 3 (flameslayer93, hose, Cameren) & 0 (plus 1 unofficial win against flameslayer93)
-Army 1: Knights of Weston * 3, Sir Gilbert, Egldgrim, Syvarris
-Army 2: Tagawa Samurai Archers (CUC) * 4, Hatamoto Taro (CUC), Raelin
hose 2 (flameslayer93, hosey) & 1 (Lefton4ya)
-Army 1: Zombies * 4, Cypren, Sonya, Otinashi
-Army 2: Microcorp troopers * 3, Krav Maga, Agent Carr
hosey 2 (Cameren, flameslayer93) & 1 (hose)
-Army 1: Cathar Spearman * 3, Count Raymons, Siiv, James Murphy, Isamu
-Army 2: Warforged Soldiers *2, Red Wrymling * 2, Eravan Sunshadow, Kaemon Awa, Marcu, Otinashi
Cameren (flameslayer93's friend) - 1 (flameslayer93) & 2 (hosey, Lefton4ya)
-Army 1: Marro Hive, Marro Stingers * 3, Marro Drudge * 2
-Army 2: Zombies of Mor, Sudema (CUC)
flameslayer93 - 0 & 4 (plus 1 unofficial loss against flameslayer93)
-Army 1: Deepwyrm Drow (CUC), Pelloth (CUC) , Chainfighter, Mika Connour
-Army 2: Charos, Greenscales * 3, Marro Warriors

Last edited by lefton4ya; July 23rd, 2013 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Results
Old May 22nd, 2013, 07:11 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: NorthEast Ohio Gencon Alternative/Prep 2013

Date is officially July 20.

What do you think of the format, especially about what I listed for each round (anyone can give input)? The reason I have round 4 and 5 they way they are is to encourage people to bring 2 good (but not awesome) armies. The other idea is that for both rounds the designated "official" army is played (round 4 your own, round five your opponent's), thus negating customs for the last 2 rounds. I think that is a good idea for the final 4 maybe, but others can play customs if they want too.

Also, I thought of maybe tweaking the armies brought so that a 440 army is one without customs and marvel, and a 450 is one that allows them.

Last edited by lefton4ya; May 24th, 2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:35 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not coming, but Take 2 negates any need for Reverse the Whip. Now that I think about it though, the way you've set up the last 2 rounds actually forces people to bring GenCon ready builds if they want to win. The round where you have to play your army against your opponent's rules out bringing to C builds, while the other round stops you from powergaming in both armies.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:06 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Cool!

I'll try to make my way to your place again lefty (I'll have a car by then ^_^), and I might be able to bring up to 2 Scape noobs just for kicks (and easy wins for everyone else ).

Either day should be fine for me, though I don't know about the noted initiates.

Depending on the amount of lava tiling the lava maps will be using at Gencon this year, I might be able to paint up some more of the rock tiles I got and make 'em into lava-rock. Won't be flashy, but it'll do. Thus, I can bring 1 map if needed.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:03 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Putting this on my radar since a tourney would be fun. It would have to be the 20th for me to have any shot though, as my brother gets married on the 13th.

I'm just a maybe though....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:25 PM

So I am allowing one army to have not only C3V/SOV (aka Valhalla Customs) and classic Marvel, but also Competitive Unit Congress. I have wanted to allow CUC for awhile but have yet to find a tourney type I think they would be acceptable at until now. With the effective draft army format, no one can really complain if they seem slightly overpowered, because both opponents could play them. Below are some possible armies:
Gorillinators (90) * 3 + (Zaus + 40/50 points) OR (Nakita Agents + Kursus)
Templar Calvary (100) (* 4 + 40/50 point filler) OR (* 3 and Sir Dupuis)
Roman Archers (40) * 5 + Captain America (420 points / 16 fig)
Tagawa Samurai Archers (65) * 5 + Hatamoto Taro (100) (425 points / 16 figs)
Einar Imperium (110) * 3 + Empress Kiova + 20/30 points
Wolves of Badru (80) * 3 + Khosumet (50) + Werewolf Lord + 10/20 point filler.
Deepwyrm Drow * 4 + Pelloth + Chainfighters * 2 + Isamu/Marcu
Grok Riders (100) * 3 + Me-Burq-Sa + Ne-Gok-Sa
Zettian Guards (55) * 4 + Deathcommander Mark 3 + Warden 816

Or add Dund (100) to any army

I need to update my Combined PDF of CUC Cards to include updates.

Please see Competitive Unit Congress (CUC) Armies & Battle Reports to discuss CUC armies for this tourney.

PS Killercatcus - hope you can make it. I am making the date to the 20th just for you! (Actually I realized I had a conflict on the 14th anyway, but I would change it for you.)

Last edited by lefton4ya; May 24th, 2013 at 06:15 PM. Reason: KC and date comment & CUC army thread.
Old May 24th, 2013, 08:40 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey, I've got no issue with CUC. But its cool if my tagalongs* don't use them? I'd be happier letting them get a taste of official in a competitive format before looking at the major fixes.

And now i need to think of armies.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 2nd, 2013, 11:03 AM
I could go

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=48586

GenCon maps for this year. ^

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 2nd, 2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Hey, I've got no issue with CUC. But its cool if my tagalongs* don't use them? I'd be happier letting them get a taste of official in a competitive format before looking at the major fixes.

The customs (and marvel) are optional. Someone who is really practicing for gencon (or who wants a real gencon like experience) can play only classic figs and except for round 5 can play only the armies they bring, which also helps out newbies to play what they know. You can even bring both armies at 440 to specifically practice for the main event and narrow down an army.
Quote:
I will add someime this week, as well as figure out which ones I can make and which I will need others to bring.

Last edited by lefton4ya; June 2nd, 2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old June 4th, 2013, 06:18 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Quote:

The customs (and marvel) are optional. Someone who is really practicing for gencon (or who wants a real gencon like experience) can play only classic figs and except for round 5 can play only the armies they bring, which also helps out newbies to play what they know. You can even bring both armies at 440 to specifically practice for the main event and narrow down an army.
Quote:
I will add someime this week, as well as figure out which ones I can make and which I will need others to bring.
Good stuff! Thanks lefty.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 4th, 2013, 06:25 PM

Maps added to opening post.

I think I have 4 RotV, 2 SotM, 2 BftU, 2 Marvel, 3 RttFF, 2 Jungle, 1 Lava, 1 Tundra, 2 FotA, but will have to doublecheck my terrain. This means can make all but Burial Marsh and either Ticalla Sunrise or Quasatch Playground. I will need help making is we have more than 12 people, and if more than 16 then we will double-up on some maps.
Old June 4th, 2013, 06:32 PM
I could go

Erk! Sorry, I don't have trres or jungle pieces. So, no help can come from the party of Slayer. Sorry

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events