Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 6th, 2010, 05:00 AM

Devo Hulk is surprisingly tart
Re: What got you into Heroscape?

One of my friends had a game store and I remember when Heroscape first came out I saw a box of the RotV set way up on the top shelf and thinking, "Dinosaurs and robots and samurai, that game looks hella cool!" Unfortunately, my wife and I were saving up for our wedding so dropping the money on a completely unknown game was out of the question.
Then, my friend ended up giving us a gift card to his store as a wedding gift, so that solved that problem!
We didn't actually crack it open until about 6 months later, though, when we had a house with enough room to invite folks over and play boardgames.
Old March 6th, 2010, 08:09 AM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

In early 2008 Out For Blood had been interested for a while & with his tax money bought ROTV. His good friend bought him the Marvel set. The kids & we all started playing everyday. We kept on playing & buying more & more. We had friends come over & play. We made friends. Blood started painting them & taught me how. We started going to tournaments held by Marduk. We eventually started having events on our own. We all had a lot of fun. Good times.
Eventually the family outgrew it & they stopped playing. The collection was moved to my house. My Daughter Opal plays with me a little & so does Father of Julian & his family.
Marduk went on a break to take care of personal matters. I wish he would come back & hold events. I appreciate everything he has done.
Superfly TNT has played at our house & it was fun. Considering knowledge is one of the most precious things, he gave us a large fortune of it.
Father of Julian has had us over to his house many times & we have played many games on a multi-player large map. A great family & gracious host. When it comes to Scape, we are stuck together.
I also appreciate the contributions of Johnnylama, his family, KCU Master, Sport 351, Gelcom, Killercactus, Odin, Weesel 99, Mattster & the rest of the Columbus Krew and all the contributors to this site. I appreciate anyone I have played, been to the same event or have come to one of mine.
I intend to keep playing & spreading the word.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.

Last edited by WOOKIE; March 6th, 2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old March 6th, 2010, 08:21 AM

Carakki knows what's in an order marker Carakki knows what's in an order marker

I'll be honest, it was the commercial. I used to watch Saturday morning cartoons with religious fervor, and every time the commercial for Heroscape came on, I kept thinking, "That is so cool!"

So eventually I saved up some money and bought it.
Old March 6th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

I started playing heroquest with a friend.

I saw Marvel at walmart And thought I could figure the game out.

Edit: my collection is...

Rotv second edition
swarm of the marro
marvel
Heroes of wave 1 and 2
DnD master set.

Last edited by yamissflash; March 6th, 2010 at 10:06 AM. Reason: my collection
Old March 6th, 2010, 10:54 AM

Brian_conatser Woo who?

I bought my first set while my wife and I were seperated for 6 months. I would go to a friend's house and play Magic the Gathering for hours while drinking heavily. Eventually we wanted something different and saw HEROSCAPE... Wow! Dinosaurs, samurai, robots, army guys... This has to be awesome. We bought a set, played it a few times and forgot all about it. Fast forward 2 years....

My wife and I are back together and our 9 year old is looking at my Warmachine miniatures and asking to play, we do a few small games. He doesnt really like the fairly complicated rules and I think of Heroscape. We buy Swarm of the Marro and Rise of the Valkyrie and play a few games. Easy enough for him and complicated enough for me.

I own-

1 RotV
1 SotM
2 D&D masters
2 full sets of Wave one
Old March 6th, 2010, 10:59 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My friends' mom. They had a church garage sale, and there was an RotV with two Wave 1 expansions for $1. I thought to myself: Hell yes!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old March 6th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
My friends' mom. They had a church garage sale, and there was an RotV with two Wave 1 expansions for $1. I thought to myself: Hell yes!
Old March 6th, 2010, 11:21 AM

DesertScrb is surprisingly tart

When it first came out, I read about the game over on The Miniatures Page, but I couldn't find it where I lived. I finally snagged a copy (with the sparkly water tiles!) at Wal-Mart when I was visiting my brother. I played a couple of games, but it largely sat ignored in my closet for the next few years. I moved to go back to school, and at a nearby Wal-Mart I found several RotV sets with the Elite Onyx Vipers--but I didn't buy any of them because I didn't think I needed to spend the money and I had no one to play with.

My last year of school, I started getting back into the game, playing games with my future wife and picking up new sets as they appeared on store shelves and grabbing a couple more first-edition master sets on ebay. Now I have a huge collection, but I still don't play as often as I'd like.
Old March 16th, 2011, 11:12 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I got it as a present from some of my cousins that loved games like this, and I tried the basic version with my brother, and had a HORRIBLE time. So it sat up on top of a shelf in my closet for five or so years, until I gazed upon it, wanting to play it again. (I think I was too young to appreciate it when I first got it) and pulled it down, and became hooked. Unfortunately, this was recently, when everything's going rare. CURSE MY MISTAKE!!!!
Old March 17th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Online HS Seasons 5 & 9 Champion

Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby!

I recently got into boardgaming around mid of 2010. On my birthday my wife brought me to my FLGS and told me to choose a game, ANY game. I was about to pick up Tannhauser since I am a FFG fan, when she came to me with Heroscape's SotM and asked 'this looks cool, do you want it?'
I always felt miniatures were extremely expensive stuff and meant for the 'geeky' so I shied away, but after looking thru the SotM box, I tot WHY NOT? And that was my biggest regret ever... If you highlight my signature, you will see the secret message. Today I have come to realize that indeed it was spot-on for my prediction that HS is an expensive hobby. I have dumped over USD 3.5K to get literally everything, except for Volcarren, Thaelenk, Aquilla and flagbearers. Damn those eBay guys feeding off our HS craving! And yes, this is almost the ONLY game I ever play now... 2 words - Too good.

P.S: My wife also regretted the moment of truth when she took SotM to show me LOL, it became something that cost over 3.5K eventually instead of Tannhauser's meager $200 max.

Life is short, make a deep impact before you leave. The only question at the end of the day is - Was the world a better place for having had you?
Old March 17th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

I received a master set for Christmas of 2004.

I had only that, not knowing you could add anything on for probably at least a year.
Old March 17th, 2011, 04:53 PM
has been BANNED

airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker

Me and a friend went to Toys-R-Us for an EPIC ADVENTURE GAME!!1!!11! (basically, we had no clue what we were doing)

We looked around and there wasn't anything interesting, mostly all kid stuff. We then see SoTM / Castle Sets / Raknar's Vision and it immediately catches our attention.

We basically ended buying one of each without having a clue on what the game was. The box is fairly vague...

I ended up going nuts for the game.

I started collecting a bit over a year ago, I am a 21 year old college student with no job for the past year and I believe my collection is fairly impressive for the budget I had and the timing I got into the game.

I have wave 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, d1, d2, d3. I have X2 of all ranged and x3 of all melee. Some squads I have X4 of, like Blades, Vipers, Dividers. etc. Theres some odd X1 squads I have that are not complete yet, like Microcorps/Macdirks/Minions/4th. I also have all the master sets, including 2 of SoTM.

My collection is not complete, but I don't think it ever will be. It will get a bit bigger though..

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion