Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old September 13th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Bad Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
At church tonight, they played Amazing Grace. It reminded me of you, ABOM.
Really? Thanks.

I was looking through the 'Animal' section of the newspaper, when I realized that I really can't just buy a new puppy like that. It would almost seem like betrayal or something to my old dog. I think it will take a couple of weeks at least.
Old September 13th, 2009, 10:24 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Really? Thanks.

I was looking through the 'Animal' section of the newspaper, when I realized that I really can't just buy a new puppy like that. It would almost seem like betrayal or something to my old dog. I think it will take a couple of weeks at least.
I have no expirience with pet stuff, but yeah. I'd wait a while before getting a new pet. Not too long, though. Hope I've helped.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old September 13th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Really? Thanks.

When my cat died, it took an entire year before I got another one. At the end of that year it was realized how much better it was with a pet. So we got a new cat. But yeah, we definitely would not have been able to just get a new one that week.

I say just wait until you really truly feel that lack of a pet in general, not just the pet that you had. It will also help you do what A_Train said a page or two back. If you get a new one now you will definitely be replacing Jake, but if you wait you will be replacing the pet.
Old September 13th, 2009, 11:29 PM

GeneralGrievous13 is surprisingly tart

I'm very sorry for your loss. I know that words probably aren't all that helpful right now, but I hope that you will find the following helpful in the future.

My dog, Taffy, died suddenly about a year and a half ago, and though time does numb the pain, it never truly goes away. Two months after Taffy died, we got a new dog named Blue from an animal rescue group. Blue had been abused when she was a puppy, and due to this she was totaly afraid of any men she met. Though she has gotten much braver now that she has been in a safe home with us, she still acts a little scared around my Dad and Brother. However, thanks to the things that I learned during my time with Taffy, Blue completely stopped being afraid of me after being with us for just two weeks.

Remember that who you are today has been influenced by the time you spent with Jake and, more likely than not, you are a better person because of it. Even though he is no longer with you, he will continue to live on in your memories, in the positive influence that he has had on your life, and in the positive influence that you will have on others in the future because of knowing him.
Old September 14th, 2009, 06:43 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Just popping in to give my condolences Abom. Heres hopping your good memories of him help you overcome the loss of him.
Old September 14th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
...your good memories of him...
You'll always have those.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old September 14th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Just popping in to give my condolences Abom. Heres hopping your good memories of him help you overcome the loss of him.
Thanks. The loss isn't as hard to take as it was yesterday, but when I got up this morning, it was very hard on me that I didn't have a dog to feed or give water to, or exercise.

I bought him for $50 from a neighbor, and he was a purebred, so I got a pretty good deal. That same neighbor wants another litter of border collie puppies, so if I do get another dog I'll want it from the same mom. I mean, I might get a dog that could have a similar temperament, and that would be great.
Old October 1st, 2009, 01:08 PM
Chilly Fangirl

A Good Spring

Well, it's been almost 3 weeks. I've gotten over feeling down and grumpy a long time ago, but its definately not the same around here. We've narrowed down 3 possible breeds that we would want.

1) Shetland Collie

Theres a family not far from here that breeds these guys, and my mom wants one because:

They're smart, ranking 6th out of 132 breeds.
They're smaller than a border collie, weighing 16-20 lbs. We'd save a lot on dog food, etc.

2) Another Border Collie

I'm leaning towards this, but I wouldn't mind having a Sheltie. The only way we'd get another Border Collie is if the same female has another litter. This would also take place in spring.

3) Golden Retriever

We had one about 4 years ago, and I have fond memories of her.

So, what do you all think? Any suggestions about the pros and cons of each dog? Do you have one of these dogs, and is there any tips you have?
Old October 1st, 2009, 01:20 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My favorite dogs have always been retrievers. They've always been the most gentle dogs I have encountered, easily putting up with children of all ages. Heck, when I was a young-un, we had one, Copper, that took in 2 stray kittens and protected them like they were her own puppies.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 1st, 2009, 01:25 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've had family that has had Shelties and I've also known a Golden Retriever. Both of the breeds that I've known are great. You probably couldn't go wrong with either. I've never known or owned a Border Collie, but I've always wanted one. I just don't have enough for him to do around the house and I wouldn't want him to go nuts with boredom and start herding my kid. I'd say any of those would be a great dog to get.

Old October 1st, 2009, 01:59 PM

Messenger has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabSheila View Post
I've had family that has had Shelties and I've also known a Golden Retriever. Both of the breeds that I've known are great. You probably couldn't go wrong with either. I've never known or owned a Border Collie, but I've always wanted one. I just don't have enough for him to do around the house and I wouldn't want him to go nuts with boredom and start herding my kid. I'd say any of those would be a great dog to get.
Hmmm...kid-herding dogs. Say more about this RabSheila.

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:22-24
Old October 1st, 2009, 02:50 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
Hmmm...kid-herding dogs. Say more about this RabSheila.
Abomination probably knows more about this than me since he's owned the breed, but I've heard if you don't give your Border Collie enough mental/physical stimulation they'll find ways of getting it on their own. These guys really want to work (a way of thinking that's anathema to me) and will create jobs if you don't give them one. So I wouldn't want my kid being treated like livestock, which I've heard has been known to happen to bored Border Collies. (Heh, bored Border, say that five times fast.) Could just be urban legend, though. Like I said, I've never owned one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General