Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 18th, 2013, 09:52 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
C3G Modern Cosmic Marvel Workshop

I've been wanting to put out designs for all the members of the Guardians of the Galaxy for a while now. I thought starting up a workshop thread to help facilitate the construction of the best team dynamics I could. I was thinking the core members of the team should get design at once such that they come out to a specific point total, similar to the F4.

However I've been busy reading through several titles that are part of the Modern Cosmic Marvel Universe of late and realized that their are tons of characters that I'd love to see get done that are not yet part of C3G. Many of them are interconnected to some degree too so I though I'd start up a workshop for the whole cosmic side of Marvel. That way the designs can get worked on such that they balance with and compliment each other. Also so all the various design concepts can be in one place rather then spread out all over the public design thread.

Anyone interested in working on any of the related characters can feel free to post your thoughts here, this thread isn't just for me. I'll be throwing lots of different ideas at the wall here. I won't take any designs over to the public thread for further discussion and thus make them available for public design nominations until I'm happy with how they fit in to the bigger picture though. So while some designs posted here may seem ready, they may sit until more of their allies and/or enemies get designed before acting on them.

Here is a list of characters I can see being discussed here. (I left out the Starjammers since I know ZJ is working on those, Thanos since I'm sure the heroes are working on Thanos 2.0, and Quasar/Phyla-Vell since a mini photo request was just made for her.)

*list edited to remove character currently drafted by a hero.

Skreet
Deathbird (not in this thread, Viegon has the design in the public thread)
Starhawk

Universal Church of Truth
The Magus
Cardinal Raker and a generic Cardinal

Guardians of the Galaxy
Bug
Jack Flag
Major Victory
Moondragon
Adam Warlock

Ex-Heralds of Galactus
Fallen One
Firelord
Terrax the Tamer
Morg the Executioner

The Inhumans
Black Bolt
Medusa
Karnak
Gorgon
Triton
Crystal
Lockjaw
Maximus the Mad

I'm sure I have forgot quite a few but this is pretty big list to start with. If any of these characters have been drafted by a hero, let me know and I can remove them from the list. I'll be linking back the current version of any designs we have for these characters so finding them will easy.

Last edited by Yodaking; August 13th, 2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:53 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Modern Cosmic Marvel Workshop

First up is a Drax design I made many months ago but never posted.

NAME = DRAX THE DESTROYER
SECRET IDENTITY = ARTHUR DOUGLAS
SPECIES = ARTIFICAL CREATION
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = GAURDIAN or DESTROYER?
PERSONALITY = GRIM or DETERMINED?
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 7
POINTS = 360

THANOS MUST DIE

After an opponent takes a turn with Thanos, Drax may move up to 3 spaces. If Thanos is anywhere on the game board, before taking a turn with Drax roll the D20. On a roll of 13 or more, Drax must move towards Thanos and attack him if able to do so. When Drax attacks Thanos with an adjacent normal attack, Thanos rolls 3 fewer defense dice.

ACCELERATED HEALING FACTOR

After placing order markers and before rolling for initiative, if Drax is wounded you may remove one wound marker from this card.

SUPERSTRENGTH
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Just came read the origin story for Gladiator today and finally got a better insight into who he is and what his powers are. Here he is.

NAME = GLADIATOR
SECRET IDENTITY = KALLARK
SPECIES = STRONIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = DEVOTED
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 7
POINTS = 400

POWERED BY SELF CONFIDENCE
For each wound marker on this card, Gladiator rolls one fewer attack and defense die.

HEAT VISION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4, Attack 2 + Special
Choose a figure to attack and roll 2 attack dice, or 3 attack dice if the chosen figure is an Android or Destructible Object. For each skull rolled, roll one additional attack die. Continue rolling an attack die for each additional skull rolled until no skulls are rolled. The defending figure rolls defense normally.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Gladiator is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Gladiator can take for this attack is one.

SUPERSTRENGTH
FLYING

Last edited by Yodaking; April 18th, 2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old April 18th, 2013, 10:45 PM
C3G Landlord

I was talking about repainting a Wasp figure for Skreet the other day. So here is an early take on what her card could look like.

NAME = SKREET
SECRET IDENTITY = NONE
SPECIES = CHAOS MITE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCOUT or MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = TROUBLEMAKER
SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 2

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = 260?

AGENT OF CHAOS
After revealing an order marker on this card and before taking a turn with Skreet you must roll the the D20. If you roll a 20, choose an opponent. That opponent now controls Skreet and may immediately take a turn with her. Remove all other Order Markers from this card and then give the card to that opponent.

SUPERSONIC FLYING
When using the flying special power, Skreet may add 4 to her move number. If she does, she cannot attack this turn.

INVULNERABLE
Any time Skreet would be destroyed, she instead receives 1 wound.

SUPERSTRENGTH
FLYING

-----------------------------------------
Might want to consider making a Lunatik card to go along with her and have some kind of bonding power on that card to avoid having to roll the D20. Thought about making her tiny but while small she is noticeable while sitting on Thanos shoulder so someone with a gun should be able to shoot her.
Old April 18th, 2013, 11:20 PM

Creo is surprisingly tart

NAME = ROCKET RACCOON
SPECIES = RACCOON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = GUARDIAN
PERSONALITY = FEARLESS
SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 3

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 250

MILITARY TACTICIAN
When Rocket Raccoon or an adjacent friendly Guardian figure attack with a height advantage, add an extra attack die.

LASER PISTOLS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3 + Special.
When attacking with Laser Pistol Special Attack, Rocket Raccoon may either attack once and add 3 dice to his attack, or attack two different targets with 3 attack dice.

ROCKET SKATES 4
Instead of his normal movement, Rocket Raccoon may use Rocket Skates 4. Rocket Skates 4 has a move of 4. When counting spaces for Rocket Skates 4, ignore elevations. When moving with Rocket Skates 4, Rocket Raccoon may move over water without stopping, figures without becoming engaged, and move over obstacles such as ruins. Rocket Raccoon may not Rocket Skates 3 more than 40 levels up in a single Rocket Skates 4. Rocket Raccoon will take any leaving engagement attacks. While moving with Rocket Skates 4, you may choose one friendly unengaged tiny or small figure that he passes over this turn and place it on an empty space adjacent to Rocket Raccoon at the end of his move.

Last edited by Creo; April 18th, 2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old April 18th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Love the Cosmic enthusiasm, but hate to say I have a good deal of them drafted... and SirG has a number of Inhumans.

The Guardians are about 50/50, so I'd focus on that. UCT and Ex-Heralds, too.
Old April 18th, 2013, 11:38 PM

NAME = GROOT
SPECIES = FLORAL COLOSSUS
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = GUARDIAN
PERSONALITY = HEROIC
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 250

REGROWTH
After taking a turn with Groot, if Groot is adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece remove two wound markers. If Groot is on a grass or swamp space, remove one wound marker. Groot may only remove a maximum of two wound markers in one turn.

SPROUT
If Groot has not moved this turn, add 3 to his range and 2 to his attack.

FIRE RESISTANT
Groot does not take any damage from any special attack with fire, flame, or heat in its name.
Old April 18th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I have write-ups for a couple of them as well, and I know Drax and Gamora are drafted.
Old April 19th, 2013, 12:20 AM

NAME = STAR-LORD
SECRET IDENTITY = PETER QUILL
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = GUARDIAN
PERSONALITY = HEROIC
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = 310

ELEMENT GUN SPECIAL ATTACK
After moving and instead of attack, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces and use Elemental Gun Special Attack and roll the 20-sided die.
- If you roll a 1-5, roll 4 attack dice. If a wound is inflicted roll 1 unblockable attack die for burn damage.
- If you roll a 6-10, place the target figure and any adjacent figures up to 2 spaces away from its original placement. A non-flying figure moved lower may receive falling damage.
- If you roll an 11-15, roll 3 attack dice for the chosen figure and all adjacent figures. Roll each attack separately. If a figure has the lava-resistant special power, add 2 to your attack.
- If you roll 16-20, roll 6 attack dice.

CLOSE COMBAT EXPERT
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

CYBERNETIC REPAIR X
At the end of the round, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card, remove one Wound Marker from each Army Card you control with the Cybernetic Repair X special power.

SUPERSTRENGTH
FLYING

Wasn't quite sure about cybernetic repair x. He has healing that comes from his suit, and that seemed fairly close.
Old April 19th, 2013, 12:39 AM
C3G Landlord

Hello Creo! Lots of good stuff added. You must have been thinking about the Guardians for a while too.

Like the direction you have with Rocket. Love the skates & laser pistols. He definitely should have a tactician power of some sort, but I was thinking more along the lines of OM management. So you can better react to the battlefield by moving around OMs.

The flame resistant power on Groots' card might not work as written. Usually fire resistant guys are given lava resistance and then that power name shows up as not being effected in some of the fire based powers. They set Groot on fire to bring down the Phalanx tower in the Annihilation: conquest storyline so I'm not sure if fits either. I like the regrowth concept though.

I think the Elemental Gun SA will need some fine tuning to better fit with established C3G SAs. I'm surprised you have his stats so high. He really does not have any superpowers at all. The healing is a good idea.
Old April 19th, 2013, 12:42 AM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I have write-ups for a couple of them as well, and I know Drax and Gamora are drafted.
That's actually too bad. I'd love to have the core Guardians get created in such a way that they could be drafted together at one time (1600 points?) and function well as a team. Hard to pull that off properly when a couple are done in private and a couple in public.
Old April 19th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
That's actually too bad. I'd love to have the core Guardians get created in such a way that they could be drafted together at one time (1600 points?) and function well as a team. Hard to pull that off properly when a couple are done in private and a couple in public.
I agree, FYI there's a Guardian in playtesting right now

[edit] well, she's "a" Gaurdian not on your list though

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy