Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 04:27 PM
Roman_Warlord

For anyone who has had multiple char. destroyed by Q9

Well my brother in-law almost always chooses Q9 which manages to take out plenty of characters before getting taken out himself. So after months of Q9 torture I finally found a system that works. As soon as he picks Q9 I pick Krug, in my experience he is the best Q9 antidote. So if you have any other Q9 weaknesses or Krug weaknesses please tell me.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 04:39 PM
has been BANNED

Ullar rocks 4553 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
a good krug weaknes is height advantaged, wait and fired minute men, throwing four attacks of 4 will wipe out krug down to 1 or 2lives, krug'll kill to of the fourth mass, but just fire again and it'll be all over,

I cant Find any good weaknesses against q9, but i see how krug might work he'll have 5-7 wounds on him by the time he reaches q9, and them BAM! one soulborg down
Old August 3rd, 2007, 04:58 PM

Will T is surprisingly tart
These types of questions should be asked and researched in the Book of Major Q9 thread and Book of Krug thread.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 04:58 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
In the last DFW Tourney I attended, markwars effectively used Krug as great counter for Q9.

Newb.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 04:59 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
In the last DFW Tourney I attended, markwars effectively used Krug as great counter for Q9.

Newb.
Thanks LilNewb!

Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:38 PM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie

Newb.
Thanks LilNewb!
Yeah! Thanks!

May the ghost of my Q9 haunt you! :P

Old August 4th, 2007, 01:04 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will T
These types of questions should be asked and researched in the Book of Major Q9 thread and Book of Krug thread.
AGREED.

Threads like these are why I was opposed to the Books idea, people don't use them anyway.
Old August 4th, 2007, 02:05 AM
has been BANNED

Homba is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will T
AGREED.

Threads like these are why I was opposed to the Books idea, people don't use them anyway.
Not sure if I agree with Will T and Billtog. What are you gona do, make identical posts in the Krug and Q9 books - and what if even more units come into the discussion? And I don't read a Book every time I see it get bumped to the top. On the other hand, a focused topic like this catches my attention and I actually read it. Now if something BRILLIANT AND NEW gets said in this thread, it could be added to the Book(s). That's what I thought the Strat & Tactics Tips sections of the Books would do - a collection of actual useful stuff (or links to it) found in other posts - really good stuff that was not just rehash.

I don't see any harm in having a thread out here specifically discussing the merits of Krug as a counter to Q9. It isn't really more or less preferable to putting it either in the Krug Book or the Q9 Book, and it is more likely to draw comments out in the open. Nothing wrong with discussing it in any of those places. You can't stop it, like you said, so why harp on it? There are a few pros and cons, but ultimately it isn't that big a deal. Provided it is a non-idiotic post (and the first post in this thread was just fine) rather than cracking the whip, I would draw the guest or newbie's attention to the Books: "You may also want to look here." But I am not sure this type of question "should" be asked in the Books.

H
Old August 4th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I agree with Homba on this one. Especially when talking about what could become a pretty broad subject, a new thread is perfectly justified.
Old August 4th, 2007, 11:37 AM

drumtooth is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
i attacked Q9 with height with Kaemon Awa once.

But of course if that doesn't work you can try some of these other suggestions.
Old August 4th, 2007, 01:08 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
My advice would be to just keep hammering the big mechanical man until he is unlucky. Anyway thanks for the advice with Krug against Q9 - this will definitely come in handy when i fight my next battle. My dad and I have always played random drafting in previous games and now my dad has got to grips with most of the characters abilities (etc) he said we should try a normal drafting game, whereby we pick one character at a time. This should be interesting.
Old August 4th, 2007, 03:02 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
I agree with Homba on this one. Especially when talking about what could become a pretty broad subject, a new thread is perfectly justified.
Normally, I would be inclined to agree with you, but I came from the Book of Q9 where there is already a discussion about Q9 counters.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles