Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 17th, 2007, 06:19 PM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
Hex Expansion Pack Needed!

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I guess if it's one thing I had to rant about, this would be it.

It's kind of silly that people have to buy Master Sets for extra terrain. I realize there are a few expansions out there, like the castle, but nothing with bulk terrain. Instead, $40 gets you the terrain you need, but all figures in the Master Set are unique...they're basically wasted.
Old January 17th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Hex Expansion Pack Needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browncoat
I'm sure this has been posted before, but I guess if it's one thing I had to rant about, this would be it.

It's kind of silly that people have to buy Master Sets for extra terrain. I realize there are a few expansions out there, like the castle, but nothing with bulk terrain. Instead, $40 gets you the terrain you need, but all figures in the Master Set are unique...they're basically wasted.
Discussed before? This topic? Only ad nauseum :P

And yes, we all agree with you. The most requested items being mirrored 24-hex pieces and mirrored ruins along with the equivalent of a master set without the figs.
Old January 17th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
May I recommend: http://www.housemousegames.com/heteti.html

~Aldin, bowing to Sandra

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 17th, 2007, 06:28 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
i agree with you there should be terrain expansions but we can also use house mouse. but if hasbro made a expansion kit it would probably be more terrain and less money than at housemouse. oh and welcome to the site its a crazy mad house here but were like family
Old January 17th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
i agree with you there should be terrain expansions but we can also use house mouse. but if hasbro made a expansion kit it would probably be more terrain and less money than at housemouse. oh and welcome to the site its a crazy mad house here but were like family
chief, I think that was a whole post with no misspellings!! I'm proud of you. Now we just have to work on capitalization

Here's a noogie from your big brother :P
Old January 17th, 2007, 06:38 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Quote:
chief, I think that was a whole post with no misspellings!! I'm proud of you. Now we just have to work on capitalization

haha i know hey though ive had alot of posts with out mistakes just look around
Old January 17th, 2007, 06:46 PM
The Orc Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
May I recommend: http://www.housemousegames.com/heteti.html

~Aldin, bowing to Sandra
Yeah, they seem a little pricey. But, I guess I can justify this a lot more than I could buying another Master Set for a bunch of figures I can't do anything with.

Thanks for the link!
Old January 17th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Read this thread, especially pay attention to the last page or two.

Here is a very apropos post from that thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby
Quote:
Originally Posted by outermind
Looking @ Sandra's site to purchase W6 I noticed that some of the expansions were priced more then others in the same wave. She has the heroes pack for 9.95 and the zombies for 14.95. My only guess as to why is that she knows ppl will be buying more then one of the commons so she jacks up the price to make more of a profit (rip you off )....

Its these things that just make me not want to order from her. You don't see someone intentionally changing the prices like that when they are all the same price elsewhere. Seems to me that she is taking advantage of you knowing that you will purchase these parts of the set more then the others.

Am I wrong in that assumption or is there another reason that the prices would be different that I missed. Sorry for the neg comment but isn't anyone else bothered by this? Maybe it is just me. If I am wrong... my apologies.
Not sure how to respond to this without offending you. All I can say, is please do not take offense. My comments are a generalization on society, you were merely the trigger.

There, The disclaimer placards have been issued.

Stuff like this irks me somewhat as it is a testament to society that demands top rated service, immediate response, immediate product, no risk in purchasing, exemplary customer service, and all at a rate that is not reasonable or allows for no margins for the seller.

Consumer expectations are being damaged very deeply by big box stores and there is a sense of I want it now, I want it cheap, and if I want to take it back without a receipt, that is my right. Then, lo & behold, when the huge shrines "big box stores" that we pay homage and tithe to on a regular basis do not have the product, we gaze around frantically with the anxiety and anger of a consumer-done-wrong and expect any little mom and pop operation to offer the same level of discount and no risk purchasing that the big box store does.

These expectations are NOT reasonable. As a society we flock to the Walmarts and Toys 'r' Us stores in droves and complain about their stocking practices or impersonal customer service. Then when they let us down, (and only then), we go running to a small business and place demands and expectations on them to perform in the shadow of the Big Box store.

They, however, do not have the deep capital to invest in huge inventories or vast shipping distributions systems so we lay claim that they are ripping us off. We do not support them with our regular business and expect caviar and limo service when we make an order as a last ditch attempt because the big box stores have let us down.

I personally like to support small business. I think that is the back bone of the North American economy and I choose to vote with my dollar. I am not preaching to everyone to do that, but I understand that there will be price discrepancies and variances. There will be slight delays. I understand that I will not just walk into my local Wally World and walk out with everything I want or need at a dirt cheap price.

I take pride in knowing that I support someone who supports me.

Sandra and HouseMouseGames has shown an ongoing commitment to get product as quickly and reliably as possible. She has shown great prudence in shipping to reduce the impact of shipping costs and duty, (I am an International Consumer). She has made a couple of minor mistakes in the past with one order of mine but then went to great lengths to rectify the problem quickly & equitably. Wow. Accountability & Customer Service. I was suitably impressed.

For many people, paying for something over the Internet versus a brick and mortar store is an issue of trust. Will I get the goods? Is this a reputable vendor? Will the goods be what I ordered? Is the pricing and billing process tight enough that my financial information is confidential?

That is what I thought this thread was primarily about. Testimonials about the trust in doing business with HMG. Sandra has shown integrity and good business practices time & again. She has earned our trust.

That leaves customer service & reliability. Do you place value on being able to order a product online and know that you will get what you ordered in a timely manner and for the advertised price? Do you place value on dealing with a vendor that tries to stock items that are hard to locate elsewhere? Do you place value on dealing with a vendor that accepts responsibility for shipping errors and isolates you from that risk and also takes responsibility to follow up on your order? Do you place any value in supporting a business that supports regional HeroScape events with prizes and donations? Do you place a value on your time by not having to drive to 14 different stores in 10 different counties to see if THEY magically have what you are looking for?

If you answered yes saying that you value these things, then it is up to you to decide what value you place on them. Is it worth an extra dollar, two dollars, three?....

Lastly, it is all about supply & demand economics. Spend your dollar where you see value. Vote with your dollar and support the business model you feel best supports you? I do not begrudge the big box stores from doing business as they do. I also do not begrudge Sandra making a living from her business. We all have to eat.

There. I think I am now up to my quota of rants for the months. See you all in February.
Old January 17th, 2007, 07:42 PM
The Orc Master

Quote:
Read this thread, especially pay attention to the last page or two.
Perhaps I misspoke...I didn't mean to imply that I wouldn't buy from HMG because I mentioned they were "pricey".

I, too, would MUCH rather support the small business owner than give my dollars to Toys R Us or especially Wal-Mart. I try to avoid those places as much as possible, because I've seen the effect they've had in my area over the past several years. I do buy groceries from them, because being a single dad, I can't affort to feed my kids otherwise. I am also a model railroader, and support my local hobby shops whenever I can. They offer a service that you can't buy at any price, and I would much rather spend my money there.

Up until a few days ago, I had no idea the Heroscape had a fanbase like this. To me, it was just a game that a buddy of mine at work played with his kids. I didn't realize how large the collectible feature of the game was until finding this site. All that said, I fully intend to give HMG some of my business.
Old January 17th, 2007, 07:44 PM

yanks114kd is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
HMG rules that is the best place to buy plus you get free shipping on orders over $150.00

14MS-15RTTFF-6VW-5TT-6-FOTA-6SOTM-3TJ
1-MARVEL-3-D&D
Old January 17th, 2007, 07:54 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
Quote:
Quote:

Hey hey hey hey.....check the title punk. That's mine thank you very much!
Old January 17th, 2007, 08:05 PM

okok both of you can give me noogies since you make feel more like a family member here than my real family does

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion