Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Closed Thread

Old October 21st, 2007, 08:47 PM

ares834 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Dumbledore is gay

Well the title says it all. JK Rowling confirmed it yesterday here is a
Link.
I would have never guessed it even if it was obvious, also I have nothing against gay people.
Old October 21st, 2007, 08:57 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
I guess I am questioning why is it in the news to begin with? It is a fictional character in a book that has run its course. Why are they dredging up stuff like this and making a big deal of it?

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old October 21st, 2007, 09:02 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
I guess I am questioning why is it in the news to begin with? It is a fictional character in a book that has run its course. Why are they dredging up stuff like this and making a big deal of it?
She was at a convention, a fan asked a question, and she answered with the fact he was gay. This got to the press, so on and so forth.

I suppose it's fairly interesting, and I applaud her for not making it important to the plot. Gay is not a personallity, and should not be a major part of a character.
Old October 21st, 2007, 09:02 PM

ares834 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
First this is not a news section, and secondly Harry Potter is a major pop icon.
Old October 21st, 2007, 09:04 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
"Not that theres anything wrong with that..."

Old October 21st, 2007, 09:15 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834
Quote:
First this is not a news section, and secondly Harry Potter is a major pop icon.
Um,, I think you got it wrong by reading your tone. Tiberious was just pointing out that the media has nothing here, no story because being gay is not news, even moreso when it is a fictional character... Please watch your tone. I am not even sure this rates it's own thread much less an argumentative one.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 21st, 2007, 10:03 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Why is this just being reported now? Wasn't this made fairly obvious in the books? And especially screamingly so in the last one? I would have thought some sensationalist reporter would have latched onto this right after book seven was published.

Although....I guess younger readers would have missed it, so maybe it's good she spelled it out finally. Although the crazy misguided religous types will be all over this as fuel for the theory that JK Rowling is the Antichrist and her books are turning kids to Satanism. (shrugs)
Old October 21st, 2007, 10:17 PM

massivenewbage has disabled reputation
The fact that Dumbledore was announced officially gay almost 4 months after the last book was released makes it feel a little tacked on. Its like "Oh, and by the way, this guy is gay". I wish she hadn't said anything because all of Dumbledores actions in the book are now going to be filtered through a "gay lense". The thread of the story had enough loops, knots, and loose ends without adding this one to the mix.

mmmmm victory burrito.... know why its good phil? cause your dead!
Old October 21st, 2007, 10:21 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation
But guys remember. Hes gay, but not a ped. His love for Harry wasn't sexual, it was like a grandson. So just remember not to make dumb ass jokes.

My Signature
Old October 22nd, 2007, 12:14 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire
But guys remember. Hes gay, but not a ped. His love for Harry wasn't sexual, it was like a grandson. So just remember not to make dumb *** jokes.
I don't think anyone was thinking that until you said it. Now I can't get the image out of my mind. Darn you.

I don't think the gay "reveal" feels tacked on at all. I think it is strongly implied in the story that Dumbledore has leanings in that direction....it's just not overtly stated as it has no real bearing on the story other than to emphasize his connection with his dark wizard foe.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 02:48 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
i read it in the newspaper , but i think kit is verry silly . if you have a friend who had heroscape and you want heroscape too that makes you gay that is evolution? all men who like bush are gay too?.

ok he had no childs sad for him, snape had no childs sad for him that he loved a dead woman and harry was not his child. evolution again

nd harry yeah strange how this shy guy get a woman and childs, and than with the sister of his best friend .
british magic girls seems easy to hug.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:38 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
"Why the **** is this news?"

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media