Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 12th, 2010, 10:04 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Mongols - Einar or Aquilla

Einar = Human forces of disipline, brevity, power, and primitive weapons. His home forces are also disciplined and strictly controlled. These attributes create an army that is well corrdinated and easisly controlled for the better. Success and domination thrives from Einar's army.

Aquilla = An assortment of figures. The dwarfs and braves are proud and outstanding soldiers. But each has developed skills for some indirect power. The Fyorlags and Sujoah combine to be a scouting party of tricky tactics and deadly force. While the elemental's and Q. Hunters fill in the cracks with a concrete mixture of brute force and pure skill.

Mongols
Fierce nomads completely united by Genghis Khan. Due to their natural nomadic life styles they were excellent horsemen. They are of small stature and broad powerful torsos. As they united they developed some early compound bows. Their bows, human strength, horsemen skills, and new stirrup technology evolved these people into some of the most powerful fighters in human history. They would conquer empires and eventually made their own. Using conquered peoples as a main fighting force was a tactic used commonly. But these soldiers did not compare to the Mongolian true blood forces. These men were almost literally born onto horses. They rarely got off. Sleeping in between two horses on a hammock material and eating on the trot they became a fierce and noble soldier. A soldier of history, power, discipline, and vast nobility. But doing so with some underhanded tricks as well. (example: they would plan for battles and at a field that was to hold one they would ride out before hand sprinkling 4 way razor blades much like garden hoe blades. This made the field contain small spikes with points always sticking up, stabbing opposing horse hoofs and slowing infantry.)

So the question is up for discussion. Which gen real deserves the mongols if they ever made it into heroscape?
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:25 PM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker
Re: Mongols - Einar or Aquilla

Einar.

The mongols developed military organization that was way ahead of their time, and in fact wasn't too different than modern day armies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

I agree with Einar. Aquilla hasn't developed enough of a theme to determine who she should get, where as we allready know that they would be a great fit for Einar.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:34 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I for one feel Einar is a perfect fit as well.
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:35 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Gamewise: I could accept either. I'd suggest Aquilla just to more quickly balance her forces by the expansion. I've been playing an army of custom Mongols for some time.

Ideawise: Ultimatly Aquilla, as Temujin created a nation of tribes, and its pretty commonly accepted here that "Tribal" is her main attribute. However, the strategy of the Mongols argues for Einar.

BTW, the obstacles you are mentioning are called Caltrops.

Highly suggested is the amazing book: Ghengis Khan and the Making of the Modern World by Jack Weatherford. Also the new Russian film Mongol, which is the first of two parts. Also for fun the film The Shadow, whose villain is "a descendent of Ghengis Khan."
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Einar, no doubt about it.
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The enmity between the Mongols and the Chinese Ashigaru or Japanese Samurai would cause me to suggest Aquilla, but then again Hasbro did deem it acceptable to put Chinese and Japanese together in spite of their history of conflict (kamikaze, anyone?).

Still, I think that the Mongols, while disciplined, are more thematically known for being nomadic and ruthless. Einar would work, but I favor Aquilla (and double-spaced with range).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old January 13th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
The enmity between the Mongols and the Chinese Ashigaru or Japanese Samurai would cause me to suggest Aquilla, but then again Hasbro did deem it acceptable to put Chinese and Japanese together in spite of their history of conflict (kamikaze, anyone?).
Maybe I'm blanking out, but which are the Chinese figures?

And I would say Einar for Mongols, even though the tribal aspect would somewhat fit with Aquilla. But Asian and historical is a sure fit for Einar.
Old January 13th, 2010, 12:54 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Maybe I'm blanking out, but which are the Chinese figures?

And I would say Einar for Mongols, even though the tribal aspect would somewhat fit with Aquilla. But Asian and historical is a sure fit for Einar.
Not to mention they are a bit nasty. They're also great horsemen and would give Einar some ranged Calvalry.
Old January 13th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Ah, I see you mentioned the Ashigaru as Chinese. They are, in fact, Japanese. You can read about them here. There are no Chinese figures in Heroscape, which is a shame because there are many cool things that could be done with them.
Old January 13th, 2010, 01:05 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Ah, I see you mentioned the Ashigaru as Chinese. They are, in fact, Japanese. You can read about them here. There are no Chinese figures in Heroscape, which is a shame because there are many cool things that could be done with them.
Shaolin Monks are Chinese. (I've always thought they seemed out of place as Ullar, and it's notable that master WCW is Aquilla.)
Old January 13th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I got to go with Einar here. The mongol horde was a band of highly disciplined warriors who conquered an incredible swath of Asia. I think it might be the biggest ever. Absolutely Einar's style.

The fact that they were tribal nomads still doesn't make them appealing enough for Aquilla. As far as ruthless, well I think the opposing army is always ruthless.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion