Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old July 8th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: MSE - Easy Army Card Creator (V2.4) (Abilities Tutorial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilfheimPwns View Post
Sorry my last post was empty, I don't know why that happened, I had it all typed out...
Sounds like you are using Internet Explorer. If so, go to Tools/Compatibility View Settings and add this site to the list. Or, you could click the Compatibility View button near the address bar (looks like a piece of paper torn in half). Alternately, some will suggest changing browsers.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 9th, 2012, 01:00 PM

NilfheimPwns is surprisingly tart

I was then. I was on my laptop, but my family desktop uses chrome. I don't even know how we got it. But back on topic, how do I extract the files when I find the right folder? And which folder would it be? Help please?

Old July 9th, 2012, 01:49 PM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I was then. I was on my laptop, but my family desktop uses chrome. I don't even know how we got it. But back on topic, how do I extract the files when I find the right folder? And which folder would it be? Help please?
Alright, I'll try again. (If you go back a page, I gave some advice back there. I have Chrome, so I downloaded again for this.)
When you click to download the actual Magic Set Editor, it will take you to Sourceforge. In Sourceforge, click the Hi-lighted/Underlined "Magic Set Editor 2". It will start downloading, it should only take a minute. The download will tell you it's finished at the bottom of your browser. Click it, and say 'yes' to any antivirus messages that pop up. You have now opened the setup wizard. Click 'Next, and the next page will ask you where you want to save it. Click 'Browse', and choose the file/area of your choice. Remember this area, you will need it later.Go to the Next Page, and make sure everything is checked on the list. Go to the next page and click Install. This should also only take a minute. When it finishes, click 'Finish'. Now you can come back to the original post to download the Heroscape Templates. Click the Link, and it will take you to MediaFire. Click 'Download' there, and it should download in a few seconds. Again, click the finished download at the bottom of your browser. It should automatically be saved in a folder called 'Downloads', or the like. In the options for the folders, (It should say something like [User>Downloads>MSE-HS-V2-4-Core]) click the 'Downloads' Section. Right click the file named 'MSE-HS-V2-4-Core' and click 'Cut' out of the bar that pops out. Paste the file into the area you have the MSE saved in. Now, Right-Click 'MSE-HS-V2-4-Core' again, but this time click 'Extract All..." out of the bar that pops out. IT will ask you where to Extract the file. It should be extracting to the same folder, but double-check that it is. Then click 'Extract'. You will now see another 'MSE-HS-V2-4-Core' in your area that is not zipped. Click and drag that folder into the folder named 'Magic Set Editor 2'. Now open the unzipped 'MSE-HS-V2-4-Core'. High light all the folders (not the ReadMe) and right click them. Click 'Cut'. Go back to the 'Magic Set Editor 2' folder and click the folder named 'data'. Paste the folders into here. Now again go back to the "Magic Set Editor 2' folder. Click the program named 'mse'. IT should open, and click 'New Set'. Scroll to the far right of the card options and Heroscape cards should be there!
Hope that helps!

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!
Old July 11th, 2012, 08:10 PM

NilfheimPwns is surprisingly tart

That worked. Thank you very much.

Old July 11th, 2012, 08:20 PM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
That worked. Thank you very much.
Glad to be of service.

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!
Old July 13th, 2012, 04:10 PM

Billtrumpet25 is surprisingly tart

Quick question. Is it possible to get the Heroscape components of MSE to work for Windows 7? I've tried, and it failed miserably.

ETA: I should mention that the program itself installs fine, just not the Heroscape templates.
Old July 13th, 2012, 06:39 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtrumpet25 View Post
Quick question. Is it possible to get the Heroscape components of MSE to work for Windows 7? I've tried, and it failed miserably.

ETA: I should mention that the program itself installs fine, just not the Heroscape templates.
I run Windows 7 and have had no problems with any of the templates. Can you give more details on the issue you are having?

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 16th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I'm curious, does MSE work on Macs?

I mean the Apple computers not the guy above me.
Old July 16th, 2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtrumpet25 View Post

I run Windows 7 and have had no problems with any of the templates. Can you give more details on the issue you are having?
The program itself works, but the files pertaining to the Heroscape templates either don't download or fail to install. No error message comes up.

I run Kaspersky anti-virus. Would that have anything to do with it?

Hope that helps...
Old July 16th, 2012, 10:01 PM

I have no experience with Kaspersky, but I wouldn't rule out an issue between Kaspersky and Mediafire. On occasion, my security software has had issues with Mediafire.

The Heroscape add-ons are in zip folders. They don't install on their own. If they aren't in your Downloads folder, then it sounds like the download itself failed. I suggest trying it again and see if it will allow you to specify a folder to save them in.

I'm assuming you got the MSE program itself to install. If so, where it's installed, you should have something like this:

If you can get the add-ons to download, extract them into the data folder.
If you can't get them to download at all, send me a PM. Perhaps we can figure out some other way for you to get the files.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 17th, 2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
I have no experience with Kaspersky, but I wouldn't rule out an issue between Kaspersky and Mediafire. On occasion, my security software has had issues with Mediafire.

The Heroscape add-ons are in zip folders. They don't install on their own. If they aren't in your Downloads folder, then it sounds like the download itself failed. I suggest trying it again and see if it will allow you to specify a folder to save them in.

I'm assuming you got the MSE program itself to install. If so, where it's installed, you should have something like this:

If you can get the add-ons to download, extract them into the data folder.
If you can't get them to download at all, send me a PM. Perhaps we can figure out some other way for you to get the files.
Thanks. I'll give it a try when I get back from ASU orientation.
Old July 30th, 2012, 04:48 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

I was wondering if somebody could help me. I've tried several times downloading mse and each time it tells me that it could not properly install. It still let's me make magic cards but when I tried putting the heroscape template in it just won't let me.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software