Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old October 8th, 2022, 08:59 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: North Carolina Scapers

It was good to see everyone today, and all the cool maps on the tables. I hope a few non 'scapers saw it and got interested.

Next time I'll make more time for the event and bring a map. I'm thinking Aaryglynn, which has a three player scenario. https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=4871
Old October 9th, 2022, 10:14 AM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

Great to see this group active again! Just redirecting myself from the facebook post. I'll try to check here more often for future events. I live in Clayton now but I don't mind traveling. I used to play with Oliver and Hogg back in the day. It's been a while though. All of my scape has been collecting dust.

Old October 9th, 2022, 11:15 AM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altron_ZERO View Post
Great to see this group active again! Just redirecting myself from the facebook post. I'll try to check here more often for future events. I live in Clayton now but I don't mind traveling. I used to play with Oliver and Hogg back in the day. It's been a while though. All of my scape has been collecting dust.
Now is the time to get back in! We were reminiscing about the old days at SciFi Genre & All Fun & Games.

It was a great mix of "old" & "new" yesterday. It was nice to see a vibrant buzz around good maps & competitive armies with some nail-biting endings...but all with a sense of casual fun.

Thanks again to @jcuster07 for making it happen!

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old October 9th, 2022, 08:02 PM

jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby!

A good time was had by all! I'll be posting pics to the discord and to FB soon. We are in the works for out next event. We will be in touch! Thanks everyone for making that a great event! I'm excited for things to come!

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!
Old October 11th, 2022, 08:17 AM
Aargh! Pranked again!

JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's awesome that it went well and looked to be attracting some new people!

I wish my brother and I coulda been there! Hopefully we will be at the next one!

JFAN is... waiting.... waiting... waiting... waiting...
Old October 13th, 2022, 04:04 PM

jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby!

Our next event has officially been set for Dec 3rd at Atomic Empire in Durham, NC! Mark your calendars. It will be a tournament. Format and other details are in the works.

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!
Old October 15th, 2022, 02:47 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I have Aaryglynn built and I'm planning on bringing it. Hopefully we can find time for a casual game on it, maybe for players who get knocked out of the tournament early. It is pretty impressive visually and should draw some attention.
Old October 15th, 2022, 05:37 PM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcustar07 View Post
Our next event has officially been set for Dec 3rd at Atomic Empire in Durham, NC! Mark your calendars. It will be a tournament. Format and other details are in the works.

Looking forward to it. I've got it marked on my calendar!

Old November 1st, 2022, 07:38 PM

Our next event is officially scheduled! And this time it is a tournament. The event will take place on December 3rd at Atomic Empire in Durham, NC beginning at noon. Go to this website for format information and to sign up and pay. It will be $10/person. All of the money will go back as prize support to the players. If you have format questions then you can post them here. Or you can PM me or @Major Q23 . Excited to get together again!

https://www.atomicempire.com/Store/Event/4785

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!

Last edited by jcustar07; November 1st, 2022 at 07:40 PM. Reason: forgot to link the event website
Old November 1st, 2022, 08:49 PM

I registered and started looking at potential army builds. The restrictions are interesting, but I have a tentative army I'm happy with unless I can come up with something better.

I'm trying to talk a friend into coming, if he plays then he can use the army I'm thinking of and I'll figure out something else.

What maps are going to be used?
Old November 8th, 2022, 12:52 PM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

O wow, I didn't realize there are restricted cards now. Guess I cant dust off ol' reliable 2x mass, 2x rats, 1x niflhiem, 1x reelin

Why the decision to restrict cards?

Old November 8th, 2022, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altron_ZERO View Post
O wow, I didn't realize there are restricted cards now. Guess I cant dust off ol' reliable 2x mass, 2x rats, 1x niflhiem, 1x reelin

Why the decision to restrict cards?
There aren't restricted cards normally. We just chose to restrict certain cards for this particular tournament/format. There are a few reasons for doing this, but the main reason is so that everyone can bring just 1 army...and they get to play their army for the entire tournament. In other formats, you would need to bring 2 armies and most likely you would end up playing with someone elses army for some of the games. This format also avoids keeping it from being a "bring the cheese" format. This is just the format that was chosen for this particular event. Other events in the future will likely have a completely different format.

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!

Last edited by jcustar07; November 8th, 2022 at 08:14 PM. Reason: typos

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers