Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 22nd, 2019, 06:53 PM

PaladinAtticus is surprisingly tart
Basic Rules

Does anyone use the basic rules when they play? (You know, the back side of the card, that you never see.)
Old February 22nd, 2019, 07:01 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Basic Rules

Never, it's a waste of time, even for beginners. Its really just a stripped down version of the game with no special powers.
Old February 22nd, 2019, 08:00 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I used them when I played the game with my sister, although at the time she was still learning how to read. This was many years ago, though.

So, it works for kiddos who can’t read yet.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 22nd, 2019, 10:56 PM

GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker

I occasionally use the basic stats mixed with master rules and abilities. Other than that I never use the basic game.
Old February 22nd, 2019, 11:19 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatPlainsKnight View Post
I occasionally use the basic stats mixed with master rules and abilities. Other than that I never use the basic game.
That sounds so crazy that I might have to try it sometime. 4 Range Marro Hive, anyone?
Old February 22nd, 2019, 11:21 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

The basic rules work okay when you are teaching a very young child how to play, count the number of spaces and how many skulls or shields that come up, along with there being no chance of any kind of strategy it helps that they get to pick whatever figures that they want. When teaching my little girl, I told her to go to the mancave and choose 10 figures from the display walls. I then would pick 10 figures, and we would hash it out on a small map that I let her build. Otherwise, Its not worth it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 23rd, 2019, 07:43 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I played a small handful of games with it when I first got the came because we didn't initially know what the difference between 'Basic' and 'Advanced' was and we thought it best to start with Basic. It was fun enough, but when we tried Advanced for the first time we never went back. There's no reason to unless you're teaching a child in their first few games.
The only interesting thing about the Basic side is that it gives the figure's Homeworld, which I kind of wish was also on the Advanced side.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion