Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

View Poll Results: What Dalek Armor power do you like best? (See the OP)
Armor Option 1 0 0%
Armor Option 2 1 11.11%
Armor Option 3 0 0%
Armor Option 4 5 55.56%
Two Shield Defense 2 22.22%
Tough 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 6th, 2018, 08:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Doctor Who Workshop

That's right. Can't argue with a big head like yours.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 6th, 2018, 08:49 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Didn't Eleven also use it (the "last of his regenerative energies" in fact) to save River in "Let's Kill Hitler" (which is probably the only episode title I actually remember off hand! ).
Who doesn't remember Blink?
Old September 6th, 2018, 08:50 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Didn't Eleven also use it (the "last of his regenerative energies" in fact) to save River in "Let's Kill Hitler" (which is probably the only episode title I actually remember off hand! ).
Who doesn't remember Blink?
From you, that feels like a loaded question!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 6th, 2018, 08:54 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

NAME = THE DOCTOR
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = GALLIFREYAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WANDERER
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

SONIC SCREWDRIVER
Start the game with the Glyph of Sonic Screwdriver on this card. The Doctor cannot lose this Glyph by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed.

ADEPT OPERATOR
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and moving a vehicle, you may move that vehicle one additional space. When rolling the 20-sided die for a vehicle that the Doctor occupies, you may add 2 to your roll.

VENUSIAN AIKIDO
If an adjacent figure attacks the Doctor with a normal attack, you may add an automatic shield to whatever is rolled. If the Doctor does not receive any wounds, you may place the attacking figure on any space adjacent to the Doctor.
Original Post
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by MrNobody; May 9th, 2019 at 12:44 PM.
Old September 6th, 2018, 08:56 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
You reveal that you're a MODOK one time, and suddenly everyone's a comedian.
Old September 6th, 2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:

NAME = THE DOCTOR (3rd)
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = TIME LORD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WANDERER
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3/4

POINTS = ???

SONIC SCREWDRIVER

Before moving with the Doctor, you may choose an Android, Cyborg, or Destructible Object within 6 clear sight spaces. Until you reveal your next order marker, all of the chosen figure’s special powers are negated.

ADEPT OPERATOR
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and moving a vehicle, you may move that vehicle one additional space. When rolling the 20-sided die for a vehicle that the Doctor occupies, you may add 2 to your roll.

VENUSIAN AIKIDO
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. If the Doctor inflicts a wound on an adjacent small or medium figure with his normal attack, you may switch The Doctor and the chosen figure. Switched figures never take leaving engagement attacks. When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled, and all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

REGENERATE
You may place this Doctor on this card at the start of the game instead of on the battlefield. If another Doctor you control is destroyed and this Doctor has not yet been placed on the battlefield, you may switch that Doctor with this Doctor before destroying that Doctor.
I like it a lot overall.

I go back and forth on whether the Sonic should be an Equipment Glyph or a power. Going Glyph lets you get a more in depth power without killing the text space on every Doctor, since they pretty much mostly all need to have one.

I worry about its power level. That level of auto negation that kills their defensive powers and their offensive powers seems competitively unbalanced. I'd want either a high D20 roll on it or I'd consider making it end at the end of the Doctor's turn so he could use it offensively only.

I assume Adept Operator is meant for synergy with the TARDIS? Or is it thematic for him to drive cars really well or something? I think you'll want to say Vehicle Destructible Object here, but if it's only meant for the TARDIS you may want to get more specific.

You'll probably have to hold off on really ironing that one out until we figure out our project's overall direction with Vehicles! It's a bit in flux right now (and not in a timey-wimey way).

Six life and that Aikido power are going to make him a legit combatant. Is that how Third Doc was? Was he regularly kicking butt hand to hand? He's before my time.

Is the theory behind that version of Regenerate (which I'm kind of digging) that we'd go with separate Secret Identities? Because you have no Secret Identity right now, so current rules would preclude you from having more than one Doctor in your Army at all, regardless of whether they started on the Battlefield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
You reveal that you're a MODOK one time, and suddenly everyone's a comedian.
No idea what you're referring to. Obviously, I hate clowns. And snake clowns. Thanks for putting that in my head!

Old September 6th, 2018, 09:28 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
I like it a lot overall.

I go back and forth on whether the Sonic should be an Equipment Glyph or a power. Going Glyph lets you get a more in depth power without killing the text space on every Doctor, since they pretty much mostly all need to have one.

I worry about its power level. That level of auto negation that kills their defensive powers and their offensive powers seems competitively unbalanced. I'd want either a high D20 roll on it or I'd consider making it end at the end of the Doctor's turn so he could use it offensively only.
I'm totally down for changing the Sonic around, if need be. I like the idea of him being able to use it at the start of his turn, I think it fits more thematically and most of the Doctors (this guy and War being the exceptions) probably won't be doing much attacking.
Quote:
I assume Adept Operator is meant for synergy with the TARDIS? Or is it thematic for him to drive cars really well or something? I think you'll want to say Vehicle Destructible Object here, but if it's only meant for the TARDIS you may want to get more specific.
The actor for the 3rd Doctor was very into vehicles, so they catered to him by allowing the Doctor to drive a lot of things. He had his own yellow roadster named Bessie and even the glorious Whomobile.

Quote:
You'll probably have to hold off on really ironing that one out until we figure out our project's overall direction with Vehicles! It's a bit in flux right now (and not in a timey-wimey way).
That's fair!
Quote:
Six life and that Aikido power are going to make him a legit combatant. Is that how Third Doc was? Was he regularly kicking butt hand to hand? He's before my time.
He was ALWAYS kicking butt hand-to-hand. The 3rd Doctor was more or less an action hero on a BBC budget.
Quote:
Is the theory behind that version of Regenerate (which I'm kind of digging) that we'd go with separate Secret Identities? Because you have no Secret Identity right now, so current rules would preclude you from having more than one Doctor in your Army at all, regardless of whether they started on the Battlefield.
Yeah, that's the idea atm. I'll edit that in.
Old September 6th, 2018, 09:30 PM

Cool.

Like I said, digging the general direction. I think the biggest thing to figure out there is really the Screwdriver. It's probably something you'll want to reuse on all of them who have it, or slight variations of it, so finding just the right balance for it will be key. I do think negation makes sense for it.

Old September 6th, 2018, 09:34 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Cool.

Like I said, digging the general direction. I think the biggest thing to figure out there is really the Screwdriver. It's probably something you'll want to reuse on all of them who have it, or slight variations of it, so finding just the right balance for it will be key. I do think negation makes sense for it.
So do you think the problem is that it's just too powerful? Anything else that needs to change?
Old September 6th, 2018, 09:43 PM

Yes. One of the things our CRB (Competitive Review Board - @dok @Soundwarp SG-1 @Dysole @weebaer ) tends to focus on in feedback is avoiding "negative play experiences." If I'm in a situation where my Android or Cyborg or whatever is the focus of my army and I'm playing Doctor Who, he can easily reduce my card to just its stats for the majority of the matchup, barring initiative switches. Which basically means I'm reduced to playing basic Heroscape against him and he doesn't even have to hit a D20 roll for the privilege.

Old September 6th, 2018, 09:46 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

On the Sonic Screwdriver I'd prefer the negation ended at the end of the Doctor's turn, so it basically negates defensive powers rather than everything. Otherwise, you win initiative, Dr. Negates Red Tornado or Cyborg on OM3, they get negated for that OM, for their OM3 reveal, then if you lose initiative for their OM1 as well. That's a lot of negation taking place at no cost, plus negating Cyber Repair X is kind of cruel as it's not a very strong power to begin with.

So Akido is MMA + figure switch then? That seems off to me. It should be more distinctive than just a figure switch tacked on to MMA or even CCE.

Just a head's up, 4 power cards often meet a lot of resistance. If you made 6 doctor cards each with 3 powers and then felt like the next doctor card really needed to have 4 powers to properly represent that character you would most likely be given a green light, but making every doctor a 4 power card will never fly and if the plan is only for this one doctor to be a 4 power card then I wouldn't make him the first doctor I tried to LD.
Old September 6th, 2018, 09:50 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Yes. One of the things our CRB (Competitive Review Board - @dok @Soundwarp SG-1 @Dysole @weebaer ) tends to focus on in feedback is avoiding "negative play experiences." If I'm in a situation where my Android or Cyborg or whatever is the focus of my army and I'm playing Doctor Who, he can easily reduce my card to just its stats for the majority of the matchup, barring initiative switches. Which basically means I'm reduced to playing basic Heroscape against him and he doesn't even have to hit a D20 roll for the privilege.
Okay, that makes sense.

I liked having it negate until your next OM so you could negate end of the round effects like Cyber-conversion, but changing to ending at the end of the turn would be okay by me. So would adding a D20 roll, or even both if needed. My main goal right now is to keep the text in the power down, so if we start doing a lot of that, maybe we should go back to it being an e-glyph?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy