Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

View Poll Results: What Dalek Armor power do you like best? (See the OP)
Armor Option 1 0 0%
Armor Option 2 1 11.11%
Armor Option 3 0 0%
Armor Option 4 5 55.56%
Two Shield Defense 2 22.22%
Tough 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 6th, 2018, 11:36 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3G Doctor Who Workshop

Now that I'm back on the computer, let me take a look at this.

SONIC SCREWDRIVER
Start the game with the Glyph of Sonic Screwdriver on this card. The Doctor cannot lose this glyph by receiving wounds. If the Doctor is destroyed while the Glyph of Sonic Screwdriver is on this card, remove it from the game.

REGENERATE
You may place this Doctor on this card at the start of the game instead of on the battlefield. If another Doctor you control is destroyed and this Doctor has not yet been placed on the battlefield, you may switch that Doctor with this Doctor before destroying that Doctor.

That's 10 lines by my count for the Doctors that have a sonic screwdriver and 5 for those who don't. If we limit ourselves to 30 lines per card (a tiny bit lower than Drac or Mordo), that still gives 20 lines of other powers at least, which isn't nearly as bad as I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I could see at least one doc (Tenth seems like a good choice for this) having regenerative energies he can use to heal himself inside the game, but I'd leave full on regeneration off the cards for now.
I think there are five examples of the Doctor himself using regen energy for something other than a full regeneration. Ten regrowing his hand, Ten restoring the Tardis in the Pete's World universe, Eleven healing River's hand in Angels Take Manhattan, Twelve using his in the S9 opener, and Twelve using a future incarnation's energy to restore his eyesight temporarily. Tardis Wiki seems to back me up on this, although it's not always perfect. So any of those 3 Doctors could potentially have that power, although I wouldn't say it's a major part of any of their characters.
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:39 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Does anybody see fat that could be trimmed here?
Quote:
SONIC SCREWDRIVER
Start the game with the Glyph of Sonic Screwdriver on this card. The Doctor cannot lose this glyph by receiving wounds. If the Doctor is destroyed while the Glyph of Sonic Screwdriver is on this card, remove it from the game.
The problem is that if you’re playing say 5 Doctors, you need some way to keep the from dropping Screwdrivers every time they die or else the board will just be littered with them.

Also, is there such thing as a rough estimate of how many lines of text can fit on a card?
From a mechanical, rather than thematic, perspective, I'd say the line about removing the Screwdriver from the game could be cut. I don't have a problem with a few of them lying around after a few Doctors have snuffed it.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

There should be some kind of inherent benefit to a timelord possessing and using it though.
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:57 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
From a mechanical, rather than thematic, perspective, I'd say the line about removing the Screwdriver from the game could be cut. I don't have a problem with a few of them lying around after a few Doctors have snuffed it.
I’m fine with this as long as others don’t think it’s too goofy. Slightly unthematic, but not ridiculosly so.
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:59 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
There should be some kind of inherent benefit to a timelord possessing and using it though.
This I could go either way on. Other people have used it, but the Doctor definitely knows how to use it better than anyone else. It would require rewriting the current draft a bit though.
Old September 6th, 2018, 12:03 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I wouldn't implement the Screwdriver as a glyph if it were unlose-able and it went away after the Doctor was destroyed. At that point, it may as well be baked into the card.

(I know, there's still the corner case of Shadow Thieves and Ant-Men getting it away from him, but at that point I'd save the hardware and just make it a power on his card)
Old September 6th, 2018, 12:15 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I wouldn't implement the Screwdriver as a glyph if it were unlose-able and it went away after the Doctor was destroyed. At that point, it may as well be baked into the card.

(I know, there's still the corner case of Shadow Thieves and Ant-Men getting it away from him, but at that point I'd save the hardware and just make it a power on his card)
That’s something I overlooked. In my original personal drafts, regeneration was considered a seperate term from being destroyed. When I brought it over here, it got changed from “destroyed when he regenerates” to “destroyed when he’s destroyed.” Under this new light, I’m perfectly fine with each Doctor losing theirs upon destruction, or having it as just a power on the card. (If it doesn’t add too many lines of text.)

EDIT:
SONIC SCREWDRIVER
Before moving with the Doctor, you may choose an Android, Cyborg, or Destructible Object within 6 clear sight spaces. Until you reveal your next order marker, all of the chosen figure’s special powers are negated.

So it would be almost the exact same amount of text to just have it as a power on the applicable cards.
Old September 6th, 2018, 06:17 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

I can't see the armor options for the poll in the OP, am I just missing them or are they not there
Old September 6th, 2018, 06:24 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
I can't see the armor options for the poll in the OP, am I just missing them or are they not there
The poll was for a discussion a while back, I just didn’t realize you can never remove a poll. Maybe I should state that in the OP to help with confusion.
Old September 6th, 2018, 06:25 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Ah
I see the issue
Old September 6th, 2018, 08:46 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Now that I'm back on the computer, let me take a look at this.

SONIC SCREWDRIVER

REGENERATE
You may place this Doctor on this card at the start of the game instead of on the battlefield. If another Doctor you control is destroyed and this Doctor has not yet been placed on the battlefield, you may switch that Doctor with this Doctor before destroying that Doctor.

That's 10 lines by my count for the Doctors that have a sonic screwdriver and 5 for those who don't. If we limit ourselves to 30 lines per card (a tiny bit lower than Drac or Mordo), that still gives 20 lines of other powers at least, which isn't nearly as bad as I thought.

Quote:
I could see at least one doc (Tenth seems like a good choice for this) having regenerative energies he can use to heal himself inside the game, but I'd leave full on regeneration off the cards for now.
I think there are five examples of the Doctor himself using regen energy for something other than a full regeneration. Ten regrowing his hand, Ten restoring the Tardis in the Pete's World universe, Eleven healing River's hand in Angels Take Manhattan, Twelve using his in the S9 opener, and Twelve using a future incarnation's energy to restore his eyesight temporarily. Tardis Wiki seems to back me up on this, although it's not always perfect. So any of those 3 Doctors could potentially have that power, although I wouldn't say it's a major part of any of their characters.
Ah, yeah, I guess it'd fit on any of those three. Healing is pretty useful in-game, so something to keep under consideration.

Didn't Eleven also use it (the "last of his regenerative energies" in fact) to save River in "Let's Kill Hitler" (which is probably the only episode title I actually remember off hand! ).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 6th, 2018, 08:48 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Didn't Eleven also use it (the "last of his regenerative energies" in fact) to save River in "Let's Kill Hitler" (which is probably the only episode title I actually remember off hand! ).
Other way around actually! River used all her energy to heal him from the poison she herself gave her. That's how come she didn't regenerate in the Library episodes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy