Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 19th, 2022, 01:52 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Out-there Heaven (Movie, TV, and Video Game Characters)

The first three could probably be Leaders rather than Assassins. The only thing is with that change we'd have to rely on Free running being a thing for the Faction tie.

I'll change Assassination Tactics title and repost thoughts from the Workshop when I get home, cause I think the Hidden Blade will just need to be worked into the various powers.
Old January 19th, 2022, 01:54 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool writeups Fresh! I was kinda trying to do a lunchbox Ezio since one of his figures could be used for someone else, but young and old Ezio are pretty different so I could definitely see two designs for him.
Old January 19th, 2022, 08:10 PM

Quotes from MrNobody

"I think I'd work on slimming down the "boilerplate" Assassin powers as much as possible. I know these dudes are a bit same-y in-game, but 3 designs that share 2/3 powers are gonna feel kinda lame. Also no real reason the Hidden Blade should be a Glyph instead of a power on the card."

"Like if all Assassins have too have a Hidden Blade power and a Freerunning power, maybe we can slim it down to this?
Quote:
HIDDEN BLADE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack Special.
Ezio can only use this special attack once per round and can only attack figures he did not start his turn engaged with. Roll 1 attack die for each revealed Order Marker on the defending figure's card. The defending figure cannot roll defense dice.

FREERUNNING
Ezio can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Ezio, only count one space for every ten levels. You may ignore Ezio's height when moving up levels of terrain.
I'd like to get that Hidden Blade SA down even more, maybe going back to unblockables like you had."
Old January 19th, 2022, 09:20 PM

Okay I think I have a solve, I get the two same powers on half the designs = not so fun, so I think we can get best of both worlds and add Acrobatic Leap, Expert/Agile Climbing, Acrobatic Movement stuff instead and.. also change up all the boring Master Assassin stuff to something more spicy. I was trying to think of something to tie it together and was oh duh yeah the Spiderverse/Powerarmor stuff we have tags now.

I think it would work perfectly, because each Assassin has at least one interesting way of using the Hidden Blades.
Quote:
HIDDEN BLADE: ASSASSINATION
Once per round, after Altaïr becomes engaged with a figure he did not start his turn engaged with, instead of attacking, you may roll an unblockable attack die against that figure for each revealed Order marker on that figure’s card.
Quote:
HIDDEN BLADE: ASSASSIN’S ARSENAL
Start the game with a white Dual Blade Marker, a white Hidden Gun, and a white Poison Dart Marker on this card. Once per round, instead of attacking, you may choose one of the following:
• remove a Dual Blade Marker from this card and roll an unblockable attack die against up to two adjacent figures..
• remove a Poison Dart Marker from this card and choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces that is not an Android, Construct, or Undead. That figure may not move and rolls 1 less defense die for the rest of this player turn.
• remove a Hidden Gun Marker from this card and choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces. That figure receives 1 unblockable wound.
Quote:
HIDDEN BLADE: PIVOT BLADE
Any figure that Ratonhnhaké:ton would roll an unblockable attack die against for a leaving engagement attack instead receives an automatic wound.
Old January 19th, 2022, 09:42 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I like that plan. I think going back and, one at a time, revising each character would be the best approach here.

To explain my Freerunning idea a little better, I was trying to emulate the "hold the sprint button and your character just leaps over everything in their path" mechanics from the game by allowing you to just kinda "glide" over big terrain changes.
Old January 19th, 2022, 09:50 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

We did an Ezio design for Heroes of Fiction. It would be interesting to see your take on the same figure.

Old January 19th, 2022, 09:52 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Okay I think I have a solve, I get the two same powers on half the designs = not so fun, so I think we can get best of both worlds and add Acrobatic Leap, Expert/Agile Climbing, Acrobatic Movement stuff instead and.. also change up all the boring Master Assassin stuff to something more spicy. I was trying to think of something to tie it together and was oh duh yeah the Spiderverse/Powerarmor stuff we have tags now.

I think it would work perfectly, because each Assassin has at least one interesting way of using the Hidden Blades.
Quote:
HIDDEN BLADE: ASSASSINATION
Once per round, after Altaïr becomes engaged with a figure he did not start his turn engaged with, instead of attacking, you may roll an unblockable attack die against that figure for each revealed Order marker on that figure’s card.
Quote:
HIDDEN BLADE: ASSASSIN’S ARSENAL
Start the game with a white Dual Blade Marker, a white Hidden Gun, and a white Poison Dart Marker on this card. Once per round, instead of attacking, you may choose one of the following:
• remove a Dual Blade Marker from this card and roll an unblockable attack die against up to two adjacent figures..
• remove a Poison Dart Marker from this card and choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces that is not an Android, Construct, or Undead. That figure may not move and rolls 1 less defense die for the rest of this player turn.
• remove a Hidden Gun Marker from this card and choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces. That figure receives 1 unblockable wound.
Quote:
HIDDEN BLADE: PIVOT BLADE
Any figure that Ratonhnhaké:ton would roll an unblockable attack die against for a leaving engagement attack instead receives an automatic wound.
Really dig this direction! All 3 of those powers sound on point for the character. Really like the arsenal for Ezio.
Old January 19th, 2022, 09:54 PM

Actually I would really still like a Freerunning power on all of them the more I think about it, because unlike their fighting styles, it is pretty much the same for all of them (like you mention). So I probably will just use that as the tie and drop the extra wordage in the weapon power title just to save a little space.
Old January 19th, 2022, 10:24 PM

Ezio Auditore da Firenze (Leader)

ACII cinematic - shows off the Hidden GunAC Brotherhood cinematic - shows off the Assassin leadershipAC Revelations cinematic - shows off hardcore Ezio
Quote:
NAME = EZIO AUDITORE DA FIRENZE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEADER
PERSONALITY = LOYAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ?

FREERUNNING
Ezio Auditore da Firenze can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Ezio, only count one space for every six levels. You may ignore Ezio's height when moving up levels of terrain and ignore falling damage.

DUAL HIDDEN BLADES
Once per round, after Ezio becomes engaged with a figure, you may roll an unblockable attack die against that figure for each revealed Order Marker on that figure’s card. Then you may roll an additional unblockable attack die against the same figure or another figure you are engaged with.

ASSASSIN’S ARSENAL
Once per round, instead of attacking, you may choose one of the following:
• Choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces that is not an Android, Construct, or Undead. That figure may not move normally and rolls 1 less defense die for the rest of the round.
• Choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces. That figure receives 1 unblockable wound.
AC wikia - "Ezio Auditore da Firenze (1459 – 1524) was a Florentine nobleman during the Renaissance, and, unbeknownst to most historians and philosophers, a Master Assassin and the Mentor of the Italian Brotherhood of Assassins, a title which he held from 1503 to 1513."

Figure options
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Splash; February 4th, 2022 at 12:08 AM.
Old January 19th, 2022, 10:29 PM

Borrowed Fresh's leadership power and MrNobody's Freerunning adjustement.

I did make Order so he gets Oms whenever anyone on his team is destroyed, since he has the vengeful "defend the innocent" thing going on and have it open to Freerunners and any Assassins since I could see Ezio pulling in like some League of Assassins types and Elektra. He is the most prolific leader of the Assassins after all, I would expect him to have a little sway and he's worked with a lotta folks.

I added no falling damage during his move to Freerunning, since haystack bs is like the pinnacle of being an assassin.

edit: the power text there is 20 lines, at least 5 lines too long so any wording tweaks would be appreciated
Old January 20th, 2022, 12:10 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
NAME = EZIO AUDITORE DA FIRENZE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEADER
PERSONALITY = LOYAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ?

ASSASSIN’S ARSENAL
Start the game with a white Dual Hidden Blades Marker, a white Hidden Gun, and a white Poison Dart Marker on this card. Once per round, instead of attacking, you may choose one of the following:
• remove a Dual Hidden Blades Marker from this card and roll an unblockable attack die against up to two adjacent figures..

FREERUNNING
Ezio can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Ezio, only count one space for every ten levels. You may ignore Ezio's height when moving up levels of terrain. After moving with Ezio, he does not receive any falling damage that would apply.

THE ORDER OF ASSASSINS
Whenever a figure you control is destroyed, you may immediately move any of your unrevealed Order Markers to this card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Ezio Auditore da Firenze, you may choose up to 2 figures you control with the class of Assassin or the Freerunning special power that do not have clear line of sight on any opposing figures. Take a turn with the chosen figures, during which they may only attack figures within clear sight of Ezio.
Haven't looked at the rest of your AC stuff - 9 designs is a bit much to take in all at once! I also didn't look at any other comments. I'm also only vaguely familiar with the universe/character. So take this with a grain of salt.

Ezio looks a bit wordy, I'm not sure all this would fit on the card. You can simplify a lot of these powers and remove some of the restrictions, so that'd be my suggested first place to start. Here are some of my the changes I'd make:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie's changes
ASSASSIN’S ARSENAL
Once per round, instead of attacking, you may choose one of the following:
• Choose up to two adjacent figures and, one at a time, roll an unblockable attack die against each figure, or two if the chosen figure has 1 Life remaining.
• Choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces that is not an Android, Construct, or Undead. That figure may not move and rolls 1 less defense die for the rest of this player turn.

It's once per round and instead of attacking anyway, so I removed the markers. The last power is notably better than anything else so I cut it. I'd personally try to keep the focus on his wrist blades as that is the most iconic AC feature to me. I also added a bonus against figures with 1 life left too - that helps sell the assassination feel.

FREERUNNING
Ezio can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Ezio, only count one space for every five levels. You may ignore Ezio's height when moving up levels of terrain and ignore falling damage.

Reworded to cut a sentence and limited the upward movement Ezio has. He's good at climbing/parkouring, not flying/swinging.

THE ORDER OF ASSASSINS

I would recommend cutting the "that do not have clear line of sight on any opposing figures" bit as that will rarely, if ever, happen in games unless you're purposefully hiding behind a ruin. Like at that point just beef it up and make it a once per game power.

Though without that bit, the power is too strong, so you could consider basing it on other, more reliable leadership powers. Something just like simple Assassin bonding, or Nightwing's X reveal thing, etc. Lots of options here, but I'm just not convinced the current direction would work
I'd also consider making Ezio an Assassin - that keeps him in-faction to get any synergy boosts the others offer.

Lots of comments from me, but that's how I look at the whole design process!
Old January 20th, 2022, 02:07 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I do think there might be some value in shunting some of the leadership stuff off Ezio here and giving it to something else, like a generic Brotherhood Assassin? I definitely understand the appeal of him being the leader one, but I also think there's a strong appeal in having him be a solid BA flagship fighter to represent the universe, then worrying about creating a faction around him. Ultimately up to you though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy