Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old July 15th, 2008, 10:04 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Official Wizards Feedback Thread (Summary pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Thank you for the diagnosis of dyslexia Dr. Jim
That'll cost you $02.05 (or $20.50 in dyslexic currency)!

Dr. Jim
Dammit Jim you're a Scaper not a Doctor!!!
Old July 15th, 2008, 11:41 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Thank you for the diagnosis of dyslexia Dr. Jim
That'll cost you $02.05 (or $25.00 in dyslexic currency)!

Dr. Jim
I couldn't resist! Fixed Again!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old July 16th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like all ideas that where mentioned in here: 0-height hexes or special tiles (although special tiles could not as easily be used on existing maps as 0-height hexes)

But how do you guys feel about a wire frame, hex shaped, plastic color coated, bend to fit in the groove between tiles, somewhat snugly around the raised part of a tile. I think that would still allow for the ruins to fit, they would go on and off the board rather quick, they don't add to a map and they still show the terrain they are placed on. I have to experiment a little with a paper clip when I get home....

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old July 16th, 2008, 09:12 AM
has been BANNED

An easier aproach to all of this would to just have "static" plastic labels that would go on the hexes. They would not slip off or tear and they would be easily removed and reusable. Think colorforms or those oil change reminder stickers they put on your windshield.
Old July 16th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
An easier aproach to all of this would to just have "static" plastic labels that would go on the hexes. They would not slip off or tear and they would be easily removed and reusable. Think colorforms or those oil change reminder stickers they put on your windshield.
Are hexes smooth enough for that to work?

Old July 16th, 2008, 09:27 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
Quote:
Are hexes smooth enough for that to work?

Don't know...I will test it out with my kids colorforms later.
Old July 16th, 2008, 10:00 AM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
"Colorforms" - that's what I couldn't think of when I mentioned this a few pages back. My kids used to play with them all the time, but the name was escaping me. All I could come up with (with Google's help) was "reusable stickers". Thanks for the name.

Quote:
Another idea for starting zone markers is reusable stickers. These are made of thin plastic that sticks to pretty much any flat surface using static electricity. They are thin, cheap, and should come off easily since there is no adhesive. They could easily be printed as general-specific (there's an oxymoron for ya') or generic heroscape symbols.

The stickers I'm thinking of are used in a lot of kid's books to make scenes that the kids can change. I've also seen them as window clings or movable wallpaper. I think small ones will stick to HS tiles with no problem.
Old July 16th, 2008, 12:07 PM

ra914 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Now that Target and TRU are out, IMO, wal-mart would be crazy not to jump on anything Heroscape. I know this has been touched on before but circumstances have changed.

Does this open up a possibility for another RotV/EOV-like master set?

I don't have the EOV and I will still buy master sets. It would be nice to have an added bonus for picking up another couple SotM sets, already have five. Maybe a repaint of the Rechets of Bogdan or Fyorlag Spiders.

Last edited by ra914; July 17th, 2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old July 16th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra914 View Post
Now that Target and TRU are out, IMO, wal-mart would be crazy not to jump on anything Heroscape. I know this has been touched on before but circumstances have changed.

Does this open up a possibility for another EOV-like master set?

I don't have the EOV and I will still buy master sets. It would be nice to have an added bonus for picking up another couple SotM sets, already have five. Maybe a repaint of the Rechets of Bogdan or Fyorlag Spiders.
EOV = End of the Valkyrie?

Old July 16th, 2008, 12:47 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Evolution of Valhalla?
End of Ventriloquism?
Old July 16th, 2008, 12:48 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Elite Onyx Vipers!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old July 16th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of Vydar View Post
Elite Onyx Vipers!
Wow, that message all of a sudden makes much more sense....

Well, IRWTGTGBMSWAI

Last edited by RobertDD; July 16th, 2008 at 01:01 PM.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News