Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 13th, 2017, 12:05 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Gizmo (VOTE for Final Editing)

OOPS...

Propose we move to ON DECK
@Arkham
@johnny139
@Ronin
@Yodaking

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 13th, 2017, 12:07 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Gizmo (Vote for ON DECK)

Mechanical Engineering still needs a name change.
Old December 13th, 2017, 12:34 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm looking for the discussion but it was discussed long ago and I was told to leave it since it technically is the same power. As far as I know Forge is the only one with Mechanical Engineering that can heal himself because he's a mutant though technically he could qualify as a cyborg as well so he had to be called out that he can heal himself since he isn't listed as a cyborg or android.

Mechanical Engineer was floated out at one point but there was disagreement some thought it was too similar of a name and others thought it was too similar of a power to need two names.

I have a couple other human figures drafted that have this version of the power (the non self healing version) so I'll go search there for the discussion as well.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 13th, 2017, 01:16 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I'm looking for the discussion but it was discussed long ago and I was told to leave it since it technically is the same power. As far as I know Forge is the only one with Mechanical Engineering that can heal himself because he's a mutant though technically he could qualify as a cyborg as well so he had to be called out that he can heal himself since he isn't listed as a cyborg or android.
I get that, but regardless of the theme, the ability to self-heal is a very significant mechanical difference between Gizmo and Forge. Giving the two powers the same name (or using the barely-different Mechanical Engineer on Gizmo) makes it way too easy to miss that.

There are a handful of powers where the text varies from card to card, but the only ones I can think of are ones where said power references using another power on the card (like Superspeed or Spidey-Senses) and the varying test is what that other power is.

I'm open to pretty much whatever riff on the name that we can come up with that we haven't used already (Robotics Engineering? Computer Engineering? Mechanical Tinkering?) but I can't get on board with reusing the name here.
Old December 22nd, 2017, 12:52 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I get that, but regardless of the theme, the ability to self-heal is a very significant mechanical difference between Gizmo and Forge. Giving the two powers the same name (or using the barely-different Mechanical Engineer on Gizmo) makes it way too easy to miss that.

There are a handful of powers where the text varies from card to card, but the only ones I can think of are ones where said power references using another power on the card (like Superspeed or Spidey-Senses) and the varying test is what that other power is.

I'm open to pretty much whatever riff on the name that we can come up with that we haven't used already (Robotics Engineering? Computer Engineering? Mechanical Tinkering?) but I can't get on board with reusing the name here.
Just wanted to bump this to remind you that Hank Pym has the same power on his card so we need a name that works for both...

So if Robotics Engineering works for both and all other non self healing cyborg/android figures then I guess we are good...

EDIT: or MECHANICAL REPAIR

Old December 22nd, 2017, 12:58 AM
Symbiotic

I hadn't pushed the point any further here because I didn't want to just keep one-sidedly yammering at you.

Robotics Engineering would work for Pym, and the one other guy I know you have the power on. Something repair themed could work, though it doesn't encompass the damaging part of the power.
Old December 22nd, 2017, 01:09 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I hadn't pushed the point any further here because I didn't want to just keep one-sidedly yammering at you.

Robotics Engineering would work for Pym, and the one other guy I know you have the power on. Something repair themed could work, though it doesn't encompass the damaging part of the power.
I think I ninja edited you here but I added Mechanical Repair but then as you say that doesn't encompass the sabotaging part.

As for your first comment...I didn't move it to ON Deck so I wasn't ignoring I was just trying to think of something that fit...in all honesty I wish Forge had a different name since Mechanical Engineering works for the other three. I do think Robotics Engineering is a good enough compromise.

Old December 23rd, 2017, 02:21 AM
Symbiotic

I figured you were just brainstorming. I haven't been able to come up with anything that sounds better to me than Robotics Engineering, and I do think it's a good fit for all the characters you have it on. Pym is the only one without factional ties to Androids, and he has all that history with Ultron, so it still works well there.
Old December 23rd, 2017, 06:44 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Old December 23rd, 2017, 12:01 PM
A Man of Taste

Re: The Book of Gizmo (VOTE for Final Editing)

Re-Propose we move to ON DECK
@Arkham
@johnny139
@Ronin
@Yodaking

Old December 23rd, 2017, 12:04 PM
Symbiotic

yea
Old December 23rd, 2017, 01:59 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yea

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library