Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 23rd, 2017, 06:32 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Vote for Initial (Baron Mordo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Nothing wrong with testing that interaction.

BTW - it's Hynotize. This is America, we speak American.
Not where I live. Sure that will be on the card, but in my posts and my test reports, I speak the way I was taught, by Crikey!

Any thoughts on which Test 2 Avengers build to go with?

~Lazy Orang, who isn't sure who Crikey is, but apparently he taught her to English.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 24th, 2017, 12:55 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I have a bad habit of trying to design all 3 armies all at once on initials as well but I've been trying to break myself of that habit. You should really just run the first test at a point level you feel might be where he fits and see how that goes. After that first game you may decide to raise or lower his points for the next test. At the start of an initial we usually have a point range (say 245-285 here, *totally made up numbers just to illustrate a point) we feel the card will come in at based on similar cards, the initial is then used to narrow down the range to a more precise number (perhaps 265 after testing him at 245, 265, & 285). Then it gets sent to public play testing to confirm the cost or see if it needs to be adjusted up or down 5-15 points. So run that first test you have set out at 265 and see how that goes before deciding where to run the next test.
Old April 24th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I have a bad habit of trying to design all 3 armies all at once on initials as well but I've been trying to break myself of that habit. You should really just run the first test at a point level you feel might be where he fits and see how that goes. After that first game you may decide to raise or lower his points for the next test. At the start of an initial we usually have a point range (say 245-285 here, *totally made up numbers just to illustrate a point) we feel the card will come in at based on similar cards, the initial is then used to narrow down the range to a more precise number (perhaps 265 after testing him at 245, 265, & 285). Then it gets sent to public play testing to confirm the cost or see if it needs to be adjusted up or down 5-15 points. So run that first test you have set out at 265 and see how that goes before deciding where to run the next test.
That's a very good point - I'm still in the regular testing mindset of doing the whole thing off the version you're sent. Still think it's probably helpful to get armies planned, though - saves time later, even if you're having to tweak the builds.

We're just waiting on @johnny139 now.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 24th, 2017, 10:02 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yea - Thought I had already voted, missed the whole intricacy of running the spells.
Old April 24th, 2017, 10:05 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Yea - Thought I had already voted, missed the whole intricacy of running the spells.
Fair enough! This Passes.

Just checking to make sure we're cool testing this guy before Strange's reeval is finalised.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 24th, 2017, 11:02 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Initial Playtest

Should be fine. Whatever ends up happening with Strange is pretty independent of Mordo and shouldn't really impact Mordo's price point; just whether or not anyone will ever want to play Mordo v Strange match-ups.
Old April 24th, 2017, 12:26 PM
Hard as ice

Okay, here's the first part of Mordo's Initial.

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Baron Mordo

Army Test 1

Map: Conflict Chernobyl (no glyphs)
Armies:
Baron Mordo (265), Wong, Venom (C3G) (585 points)
vs.
Iron Man (MkV), Iron Man (Hasbro), Iron Man (MkI) (590 points)
Spoiler Alert!

If any of you want to weigh in with any thoughts on that game, or have any thoughts about which of the two Test 2 opposing forces I should go with (I'm inclined towards the one with Silver Surfer, simply because I have a hard time seeing Mordo managing to Hypnotise Thor without the aid of a spell), then I'd love to hear them.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 24th, 2017, 01:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Just wanted to point out that technically, since we don't know what his final price will be, you actually tested him at 270 points in that game. Still a close loss seems to indicate 265 might not be far off. I was a bit curious to see how often he could counter-hypnotize someone with it having a range of 3. Twice in a small game featuring all opponents figures with a range of 4+ isn't too bad actually.
Old April 24th, 2017, 01:13 PM
Hard as ice

Okay, decided on a completely a different build to go against him in Test 2 (since Thor has a big enough attack not to worry about Hypnotism and Surfer can just keep flying out of range), how about:

Captain America, Bucky, Ms. Marvel, Invincible (980 Points)

I know you suggested a 400 + character, but there just aren't many who I can see getting credibly Hypnotised without spells

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 24th, 2017, 02:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Fair enough. Just save that aspect of the testing for the spells then.
Old April 24th, 2017, 04:36 PM
Hard as ice

Army Test 2
Map:
Invasion (No Glyphs)
Armies;
Baron Mordo (265), Star Lord, Super-Skrull (Kl’rt), Zombie (975 points)
vs.
Captain America (C3G), Bucky, Ms. Marvel, Invincible (980 points)
Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 24th, 2017, 05:07 PM
C3G Landlord

I'd drop him 10 points for the last test. You've tested him twice at 270 with two close loses. Lets see if you can get a win at 260. I imagine his perceived value could go up from there once he gets to start using a spell to hypnotize someone with OM1. Two turns with your opponents Thor would be a nice boost to his bottom line.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library