Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old September 17th, 2020, 04:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Sports: NFL

There are lots of issues that any sane humanist should support but still filter into the political arena and cause disputes. If you don't think race and racial equality in this country are political, you're not awake, my friend.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 17th, 2020, 05:01 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

Racial equality is not strictly a bipartisan issue and treating it as a political issue as opposed to a human rights issue, in my opinion, takes away some of the power behind the movement. Of course people can make it political but radical idealists will make anything a bipartisan issue if it fits their agenda.

Maybe I shouldn't have responded to that post on Kap but saying we won't speak on the matter because you can view it as a political issue and we can't talk politics, is wrong. This is the NFL thread and it's an issue directly concerning the NFL so I think it's more than acceptable to discuss.
Old September 17th, 2020, 05:05 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Political =/= bipartisan.

If you were to make a venn diagram with human rights issues and politics on it, you'd see a lot of overlap. Just the fact that you used the word "movement" shows that it's political. Political doesn't have to mean directly associated with a political party.

I never told you what to talk about or not to talk about. I don't care if y'all talk about Kap. There are probably more posts in this thread that are about Kap than aren't about Kap at this point.

I said I discuss politics elsewhere. You seemed to have a problem with my (correctly) identifying that politics were being discussed here. I endeavored to clarify my position. You don't have to agree.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 17th, 2020, 05:14 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

Sure you would see overlap because politicians take these issues and make them into political issues to earn votes. Saying people should be treated equally, that statement, which is all that I promote, has no effect on government and is not a political statement. Take any opinion of yours that you bellieve not to be political and it can be made political. But saying we're all the same has nothing to do with politics as I understand the definition as givin be the Merriam-Webster dictionary.
Old September 17th, 2020, 05:24 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
There are lots of issues that any sane humanist should support but still filter into the political arena and cause disputes. If you don't think race and racial equality in this country are political, you're not awake, my friend.
Oh, I'm awake. I just reject that (for instance) when we're here having a discussion about the NFL's business response to the players' participation in a social movement that that itself is a discussion about politics. Or if, for instance, our conversation had a tacit premise that athletes may in our society talk about issues that matter to them, that *that* is a political conversation, on our part.

I am using a more traditional, and (to my mind) more accurate definition of "political." I think we understand each other quite clearly, Bats, and we are comparably "awake" to the subtext.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 17th, 2020, 05:29 PM

I also discuss semantics elsewhere. Have fun, y'all.

Old September 18th, 2020, 04:47 PM

Guys... I think Joe Burrow is going to be really good. Watching his composure last night and watching some analysts this morning and I have to say, things could be turning around for the Bengals.

Burrow was 33-61 3 TDs and 0 Ints! He's a rookie with no preason playing a short-week primetime game in his second start ever and played very well. Passer rating in the 90's and played well against a Browns team with a lot more talent. I think if the bengals get him some weapons and a sturdy o-line over the next couple of years that the could be the second best team in the AFC North and a playoff contender.
Old September 20th, 2020, 05:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Cowboys fans everywhere thank the Falcons for not jumping on the ball.
Old September 20th, 2020, 08:11 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It's an exciting time to be a football fan right now, with the Cardinals looking like world-beaters, and now the Chiefs *barely* surviving the Chargers. Plus the '9ers, unfortunately, suddenly having serious injury issues. It really feels like anything can happen.

The league has transformed in the last couple of years.

= =
Old September 21st, 2020, 03:34 AM

The injuries man... all around the league this week. It really sucks seeing so many players get hurt and I think it hurts the competition, I even hate seeing the 49ers players get hurt, no one wants to see that.

That said, it is shaping up to be a really exciting year, I have a really good feeling about the Seahawks, crazy the Cardinals are probably their competition for a division title!
Old September 23rd, 2020, 11:32 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This Steelers defense is scary good:

With Ben back on the offense, I wouldn't count these guys out (even though the Ravens look crazy good too)

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old September 23rd, 2020, 12:27 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Totally agreed. Every year the Browns and the Bengals *should* be good, but it's just the Ravens and the Steelers at the end. There's something to be said for the advantage of competence and stability in the front office and in the coaching staff.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV