Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old November 11th, 2021, 03:13 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Boromir - Rough Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins
How do y'all feel about making him Valiant? He was described that way in the text and it would let him work in a mixed KoW/4th build.
I could easily be talked into swapping Tormented for Valiant. Boromir is one of those unfortunate characters who is mostly remembered for his one moment of weakness and could be deserving of a better personality. That will of course make him even better for KoW than he already is, but I digress.

Actually it could be favorable, as one of the prime choices for Horn of Gondor uses would be Raelin, who doesn't often fit KoW/4th builds due to not being Valiant, so it could be a blessing in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper
I don't remember the language on the Microcorps Agents, but IIRC the interpretation of their Armor power is that, no matter what, they get to roll for its protection. Consider something very closely based on that language, if you have not already done so.
Microcorp Agents specify "before removing that agent" when receiving wounds, which makes sense as they only have one Life each. If a Microcorp Hero ever had the power, similar but different wording would likely be used when receiving wounds.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old November 11th, 2021, 03:31 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Makes sense. I still think there might be something there, but I'll leave it be. This isn't really "Help With Wurdz," this is more about the technical writing side, which isn't really my thing.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 11th, 2021, 03:48 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I did find some precedent with C3V's Myrddin, although its placement in the text is slightly different:

MYSTIC SACRIFICE
After rolling the 20-sided die for the Army Card of a Small, Medium, or Large Unique Hero you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Myrddin, you may place 1 or 2 wound markers on Myrddin’s Army Card. Add 1 to your 20-sided die roll for each wound marker you placed, even if this was enough wounds to destroy Myrddin.

~TAF

Old November 11th, 2021, 03:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Our editing process is, I am fairly certain, more thorough than what the original designers ever did. So I encourage you to crib language where you think it can help.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 9th, 2021, 12:03 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

With Horn of Gondor, have you thought about a restriction against moving figures you already moved this turn? That would prevent the Knights of Weston from getting 8 move. I think that might be the best way to change the ability.
Old December 9th, 2021, 11:12 PM

At present the horn is reactive and will trigger on opponents' turns 90% of the time, so that is a relatively moot point. Even when it does trigger on Boromir's turn via LEA or Counterstrike he'll be the only one restricted as Bonding Heroes go first and the KoW/MacDirks won't have taken their turn yet.

Gilbert already grants ludicrous movement boosts to the Knights (and at a much more reliable rate) so I'm not sure it warrants the clause on what is already a wall-of-text power. We'll see how exploitable it is in playtesting however.

~TAF

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs