Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old August 27th, 2007, 03:03 AM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Want CVN signed card-Collectors Guide? Final winners posted.

Fellow 'scapers,

While at GENCON I was fortunate enough to meet Mr. Van Ness at the Heroscape display and talked him into autographing a full set of cards from the Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set.

Now's your chance to pick one up just by playing along with this contest.

Here's the contest specifics:

3 cards will be posted each week. One of them has been pre-packaged in a larger photo mailer and will include one of the posters given away with the Master Woo exclusive.

Each game will run until 12:00 a.m. (central) Sunday the following week. All posts after that timestamp will be invalid.

My first judge will be haplo, who will tally up the posts for each card and choose the 5 best posts for each. I will then scrap 2 posts from his list and give the final 3 to my son, who will have the honor of choosing the final winner for each card.

Your odds of winning will depend on the total posts asking for that specific card. For example, if 20 people ask for the Finn card, haplo will pull his favorite 5 posts from those 20. (to increase your chances of winning, you may want to go with the less popular card)

Winners for each week will be notified by PM that they won and asked for shipping instructions / addresses. (overseas winners must include any rules or special requirements needed to ship to their location)

Rules:

You may post only once per week, but may edit it as many times as you want.
Winners from one week mayenter another weekly contest.
Feel free to give these cards to other site members if you want, but please keep them from ending up on eBay. I'd like to be able to do this again next year if possible.

The weekly contests are as follows:

Week 1 ending at midnight on 02 September
Pick your favorite card of the 3 posted and explain why.

Week 2 ending at midnight on 09 September
Make a card with stats and special powers for this modded Omnicron Sniper. (those without photoshop can submit text only)

Week 3 ending at midnight on 16 September
Post a clean joke, acceptable for the 10 year old judge.

Week 4 ending at midnight on 23 September
Submit and post your custom glyph. (it can be a funny or serious one)

Week 5 ending at midnight on 30 September
Submit a news headline in the style of the Valhalla Times.
Don't know what the Valhalla Times are? Then go here and read some previous issues Valhalla Times
The 3 winning posts from week 5 will be forwarded to mrbistro who has offered to publish one in the next issue of the times!
He'll make you famous!

Each Sunday afternoon, I will post the winners names, scans of the next 3 cards and a sample post. This will be the signal to begin posting for the next contest.

As always feel free to ask questions...

Here are this weeks cards:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_golden_PONYBOY
Wrapping up week 1.

Thanks to everyone that posted, I hope you all come back for week 2!

This weeks winners are:

Kahrma - Marro Warriors
Finrod - Airborne Elite
Thorgrim and the poster - Dictatorbilbo

I'll PM you guys for addresses.

Next 3 cards will be:

For Week 2 all you have to do is come up with stats for that Omnicron.
If you don't have a way to make a card just post some text...
Week 2 winners...

Syv - Firemaster
NGS - Valenne
drumline3469 is picking up the poster and DW9K card

[quote="stay_golden_PONYBOY"]Week 3 is on...

All I need is a post with any joke that is acceptable for my 10 year old judge and to know which card you would like.

Up for grabs are these 3 cards:

Week 3 winners...

Raelin - Onacara. "It's a puppy"
Krav - ron3090
Tarn / poster - Taelord

Congrats to everyone. I'll PM you for addresses soon.

Hope to see all your entries for the Glyph contest.

Up this week:

Week 4 winners for the glyph contest:

Zettian Guards - Hendal
Izumi Samuari - Onacara
Finn / Poster - Draconious

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_golden_PONYBOY
Last chance!

Week 5 ending at midnight on 30 September
Submit a news headline in the style of the Valhalla Times.
Don't know what the Valhalla Times are? Then go here and read some previous issues Valhalla Times
The 3 winning posts from week 5 will be forwarded to mrbistro who has offered to publish one in the next issue of the times!
He'll make you famous!

The cards up for grabs this time are:

One more big thank you to everyone that posted. My judge has spoken and the winners for week 5 are as follows:

Carr - Velenne
Apple Reaches Exclusive Deal With Vydar
Sword of Reckoning renamed iBlade

Mimring / poster - Onacara
SOTM Arrives. Sgt. Drake is beside himself.

Grimnak - Fuzzie Fuzz wins with a last minute entry!
Grimnak Voted "Least Likely to Go Hungry" by High School Class.

...and then there's the "just a poster" entry...

ares834 Grimnak Charged for Pumping Steroids Into Nearby Orcs
"It was only temporary."
Old August 27th, 2007, 03:06 AM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
sample

Marro Warriors

Have you seen the incredible videos some guy is making about these figs?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=338290#365854

Plus water clone is awesome!
Old August 27th, 2007, 03:23 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Marro Warriors

I want the marro warriors card because I named them and posted first. For your information their names from left to right are: Mickey, Sir Diddicus, Mrs. Paddington, and Ludwig Van Rasputin. Thanks!
Old August 27th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Marro Warriors

I love these guys. 50 points of just add water goodness. I like to refer to them as "My Little Friends".
Old August 27th, 2007, 08:13 AM

Ookla the Mok has disabled reputation
THORGRIM. He's the Heroscape Icon from the first master set.

The year 1994: From out of space comes a runaway planet, hurtling between the Earth and the Moon, unleashing cosmic destruction. Man's civilization is cast in ruin.
Old August 27th, 2007, 08:19 AM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Airborne elite

CAn't you just see the AE being whisked around by the kyries? Being lifted up into the air and then being dropped into the battle to create mass mayhem at the most critical point?

6 x 9 = 42

Old August 27th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
The Airborne Elite. They probably get the most use out of the three at my house, first of all. After that, they're all-around fun to use, and my father loves to play with them, more so than anyone else, so he'd probably like to have an autographed card, too.
Old August 27th, 2007, 09:08 AM

Dictatorbilbo is surprisingly tart
JEG er det mektig Thorgrim! Bue tidligere meg skjegg utmerket!

WHAM! KAPOW! SMASH!

And thus the mighty Thorgrim smote his foolish enemies, his flaxen beard shimmering in the cold, icelandic sun.

MR. GRUBBY'S
GRAND ADVENTURE

~ ONLY IN THE ~
KAUNAN KEEP
Old August 27th, 2007, 10:59 AM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
Marro warriors.

Water cloning, 10 or higher, 50 points, thease guys are an army all by themself.

FINISH HIM!
Old August 27th, 2007, 12:11 PM

nonexistantnonexister has disabled reputation
MARRO

In the dead of night the marro warriors were engaged in a enourmus battle BAM BAM BOOOOOM, a marro is blown to infentessimal bits, a sucking sound is heard, and the oppisition looks back and sees a marro clone. "YO wuzup Steve-Grik-Na." "Sup wit u Jim-Bak-Na.". A cheer is heard as a marro is destroyed. PHLuuUUCKPH, a marro clones "Yo yo yo, sup wit y'all." "Fo shizzle look it Su-Bak-Na.". Screams of pain tear through the night sky, the feild hath been sown with blood. "Yo dawg we won man." "Raise da roof, raise da roof....hive or whateva."

Marro cool yo .

I love marro, they are my favorite filler, they never fail to earn their points, and they have wonderful theme and sculpts. I am a wargamer, and love originality, and the marro are a perfect example of the amazing creatures we can think of is we just put our minds to it. The marro impressed me greatly with their amazing bios and theme, for a completely original wargame concept they are incredible.

Old August 27th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Uniquest Hero and Classic Drafter 2008

Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker

Definitely Marro Warriors.

These guys are the "rock stars" of Heroscape. Sure, the set was named "Rise of the Valkyrie", but who gets the glamour shot on the cover? Yup, you guessed it!

What's not to love?

Cool sculpts - bony little aliens laughing back at you with super-soaker-esque plasma blasters. Awesome ability - need more Marro? Just add water! Rabbits have nothing on these guys. Low cost - 50 points for these guys? The "unofficial ambassadors" of heroscape are also one if it's best buys.
Old August 27th, 2007, 01:37 PM

deathsaurx has disabled reputation

Jandar had planned this for a long time now. The scourge known as Deathwalker 9000 was going to fall. He quick assembled a group of knights and the Airborne Elite to ambush and slay the metal behemoth. However, while the knights play, the Elite have to stay. In the middle of the sky.

As the sounds of battle echoed and reverberated from the abyss below, the squad of Airborne Elite concurrently let out a deep sigh of boredom. Dangling from their transporter's hands, they slowly surveyed the insipid sky (Clouds. Yay. How interestin'.) and let out yet another sigh. One of them slowly turned to the well-built, young Sentinel clutching his suit and cleared his throat.

“Yes?” Jandar’s soldier spoke without making eye contact.

“Uh, not to question yer’ judgement, sir, but don’t you think we should drop about now?”

“Yeah, we should be droppin’!”

“It’s time to come down, throw grenades, shoot people, and save the day!”

“Hehe, yeah. Fire! Fire!!!”

“No,”
the Valkyrie responded, eyes locked on the landscape (Did I mention the clouds?) ahead.

“But it sounds like they could use our help right about now…”

“Did anyone else see that knight being blasted into the sky?"

“I’m pretty sure knights don’ scream that loud and girl-like when they're winning...”

“Hehe, hey, listen. BOOOOMMMMMM!!!! Wait a minute... Knights don't make 'booms'!”

The kyrie sighed. “Look, Jandar would not have employed us if we didn’t know when to drop you. I’m pretty sure our army is doing just fine.”

Yet another shrill scream worked its way to the Elite’s ears.

“Yeah, right.”

Eh, most people don't like gambles, but I've always had a soft spot for the Airborne Elite. With a choice of where to land, 4 attacks per turn, grenade assaults, high range, and the ability to nearly ALWAYS get height, they are indeed a force to be reckoned with. Sure, sometimes they don't drop (Stupid Valkyrie...), but when they do, your opponent's eyes will light up in fear-especially when they drop onto some high ground, glyphs, or behind enemy lines. Man, I love when that happens, it makes them look like they're going to cry and makes you feel like you've won the game (if you play right, you SHOULD win the game) . And that sight alone is definitely worth the gamble.

DSX

Dang it, I forgot this place existed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games