Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old January 25th, 2012, 11:11 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Soooo...who's excited for Soul Calibur V?!?!!?!?

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old January 27th, 2012, 09:23 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Finished the main quest in Skyrim and decided it was time to take a break after about 140 hours.

So, I got out Fallout 3 and Borderlands for some RPG but with guns this time! Ironically, both have the "Vault" as a key part of the story.
I have been enjoying Fallout: New Vegas lately. I love the different sort of concept that the Fallout games bring to the RPG environment. I haven't played 3, but New Vegas really puts you in an environment completely new to RPGs (post-apocalyptic Mojave Desert), so I'm wondering if Fallout 3 does a similar thing.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 28th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Played like 9 hours of the DotA 2 beta yesterday and today. Had to quit because Riki was ganking the everliving crap out of me every day and my supports weren't buying wards. >_> I hate Invis...

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old January 28th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Finished the main quest in Skyrim and decided it was time to take a break after about 140 hours.

So, I got out Fallout 3 and Borderlands for some RPG but with guns this time! Ironically, both have the "Vault" as a key part of the story.
I have been enjoying Fallout: New Vegas lately. I love the different sort of concept that the Fallout games bring to the RPG environment. I haven't played 3, but New Vegas really puts you in an environment completely new to RPGs (post-apocalyptic Mojave Desert), so I'm wondering if Fallout 3 does a similar thing.
You should check out the old school(1988) RPG Wasteland sometime. You may need an emulator, though I believe there is a version out there that works on modern PCs. Fallout is the 'spiritual' successor to Wasteland. They are set in the same environment and Fallout makes references to Wasteland.
If you do try it out I would not make your own party. The creation system is unforgiving and you are better off with the party they give you. You have been warned. You will need a game manual, here a a couple links. http://wasteland.wikia.com/wiki/Wasteland_manual
http://www.c64sets.com/set.html?id=16&show_all=1
Spoiler Alert!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 28th, 2012, 10:19 AM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

So, cracking out my PS2, Sonic Mega Collection Plus is a fantastic game for those who want to go back to the classics without needing a Genesis. Sonic Mega Collection Plus is an old game for the PS2, but GameStop still sells PS2 games, so you might be able to find it. The game has the first 10 or 15 Sonic-related games on it, and it's simply a ton of fun.

Also, I just have to suggest that everyone with a PS2 or a PS3 check out the Sly Cooper series (Sly Cooper and the Thieviues Racoonus, Sly 2: Band of Thieves, Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, and Sly Collection). Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is coming out in just a couple months, and it's been 7 years since Sly 3. The game is going to be absolutely incredible, especially for fans of the series (of which I am). You can get each Sly game on PSN for $10 each, or the Collection which has all 3 plus bonus content for $30.

Old January 28th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Quote:

You should check out the old school(198 RPG Wasteland sometime. You may need an emulator, though I believe there is a version out there that works on modern PCs. Fallout is the 'spiritual' successor to Wasteland. They are set in the same environment and Fallout makes references to Wasteland.
If you do try it out I would not make your own party. The creation system is unforgiving and you are better off with the party they give you. You have been warned. You will need a game manual, here a a couple links. http://wasteland.wikia.com/wiki/Wasteland_manual
http://www.c64sets.com/set.html?id=16&show_all=1
Spoiler Alert!
The creation system isn't unforgiving at all - it just lets you create how you want. You can easily make a vastly superior squad than what they give you. It is an awesome game though and it, Sentinel Wars: Future Magic, and Star Control 2 are both among my favorite early RPG's.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old January 28th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Maybe it was just the C-64 but you could not get decent rolls for stats. Seems like I remember rolling a hundred times for stats.
Also there is a chance you make an all male party which will burn you later.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 28th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Maybe it was just the C-64 but you could not get decent rolls for stats. Seems like I remember rolling a hundred times for stats.
Also there is a chance you make an all male party which will burn you later.
Yeah, rolling for stats takes time but man, I remind doing the same thing for Baldur's Gates.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old January 29th, 2012, 03:17 PM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:

I played ~100~ hours of new vegas it was fun but mainly disappointing compared to fallout 3. Fallout 3 is placed in the wasteland of D.C. so theres alot more to look at and it gives a better apocalyptic feel than new vegas does. Also with new vegas it bothered me that most of the random sites out in the wasteland were pretty much completely empty, had just a couple of pistol ammo in them, or were just completely blocked off and you couldnt explore them at all. Which completely defeats the purpose of the game. In fallout 3 most of the random locations can be explored and usually have some sort of small story line to explain the significance of the place or what happened to it. They also almost always had something that was useful or interesting hiding in each location. It took me roughly 200 hours or so to completely finish the game, all the DLC, collect every hidden weapon, bobble head, and trinket, completely max out my character and finish every side quest. Time well spent .

Old January 30th, 2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altron_ZERO View Post

I played ~100~ hours of new vegas it was fun but mainly disappointing compared to fallout 3. Fallout 3 is placed in the wasteland of D.C. so theres alot more to look at and it gives a better apocalyptic feel than new vegas does. Also with new vegas it bothered me that most of the random sites out in the wasteland were pretty much completely empty, had just a couple of pistol ammo in them, or were just completely blocked off and you couldnt explore them at all. Which completely defeats the purpose of the game. In fallout 3 most of the random locations can be explored and usually have some sort of small story line to explain the significance of the place or what happened to it. They also almost always had something that was useful or interesting hiding in each location. It took me roughly 200 hours or so to completely finish the game, all the DLC, collect every hidden weapon, bobble head, and trinket, completely max out my character and finish every side quest. Time well spent .
The DC wasteland sounds cool, but I just love this new desert concept. Most post-apocolyptic games happen in an urban area, and this is a new environment that I am drawn to.

Old January 30th, 2012, 10:49 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

A friend pointed me to a cool game called Timeshift, and I downloaded the demo on the Xbox marketplace. The idea is that you have a time grenades, which will alter the flow of time within the area of effect. Combine that with futuristic weapons and graphics that remind me of Halo, you've got a pretty cool game.

Only problem... everything's in German. Anyone find a way around this?
Old January 31st, 2012, 08:02 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

Playing Soul Calibur V. Amazing Amazing Fighting game. It's faster this time out, I think the series made a bad decision or two, but overall it's fantastic.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games