Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old February 12th, 2008, 06:30 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
My prediction: people will be quoting Princess Bride long after Stardust has given up the ghost. That said, everything I've seen from previews makes me think it's right up there.
Old February 12th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I've wanted to see it quite a bit, being a MASSIVE Neil Gaiman fan, but I was somewhat worried about how they would translate his writing style to film... but from what I've heard, it was done fantastically. Is it out on DVD yet?
Old February 12th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar
My prediction: people will be quoting Princess Bride long after Stardust has given up the ghost. That said, everything I've seen from previews makes me think it's right up there.
While that may be true, quotability doesn't make it a better movie IMO.

I really enjoyed Stardust and I don't remember much if anything from The Princess Bride as I haven't seen it in a very long time. I'll have to rent it to check it out and refresh my memory.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 12th, 2008, 08:42 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar
Ooh.. with that comment you have swayed me..

"Stop that rhyming now I MEAN IT!"
Old February 12th, 2008, 08:52 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRansom
Ooh.. with that comment you have swayed me..

"Stop that rhyming now I MEAN IT!"
"Anybody want a peanut?"

But really, I do think that quotability is a big indicator of whether a movie was "good." It means that the film was memorable, and that people got a good feeling from the scenes they quote. I think that if it's lasted this long, Princess Bride is well on its way to immortality.
Old February 12th, 2008, 11:05 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Like "Five long years he wore this watch..." ? "What does Marsellus Wallace look like?" ? "Now, I'm going to ask you a question. When you came pulling in here, did you notice a sign on the front of my house that said..." etc.?

I forgot what my point was... I love quoting Pulp Fiction.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old February 13th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I think quotability is an indicator of how "fun" a movie was. But a movie can do a lot of other things for and to you emotionally and dramatically without you recalling any specific lines and quoting them again and again.
Borat was imminently more quotable than Stardust, but I consider Stardust by far the better movie.
Of course, I was never a huge Princess Bride fan (I won't argue that it's not a good movie, it is, it was just never that near and dear to my heart), so I don't have those feelings to influence my take on this any. In fact, if I had to watch one of the two right now, I'd probably go for Stardust.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 13th, 2008, 11:17 AM

Erasmas Woo who?
Yes, it is out on DVD now.

I love both of them. They have different appeals in different places, but both are great. Neither one of them has to be a "better" movie than the other. Besides... that label is purely subjective anyways. A movie doesn't have to "dethrone" a classic in order to be placed along beside it.

Erasmas' Wonderful World of Customs!
God save the 4th!!!

Xbox Live Account:
o Erasmas o
Old February 13th, 2008, 11:53 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasmas
Yes, it is out on DVD now.

I love both of them. They have different appeals in different places, but both are great. Neither one of them has to be a "better" movie than the other. Besides... that label is purely subjective anyways. A movie doesn't have to "dethrone" a classic in order to be placed along beside it.
Absolutely! Well said. Anyone who would claim that one is better than the other is an idiot.

Hey, how do I edit posts again?

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old February 13th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Absolutely! Well said. Anyone who would claim that one is better than the other is an idiot.

Hey, how do I edit posts again?

But weren't you the one who initially suggested.....aww nevermind.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 20th, 2008, 12:59 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Stardust

So, I'm late to the party on this one, but...

I just saw Stardust - AMAZING! I've only recently been reading Gaiman, but my wife's been a fan for a long time. We watched this movie tonight and I loved it. Great combination of romance, fun, and adventure. 4.5 stars. It's a terrific date movie, or just something fun and enjoyable at the end of the day. Too scary for my kids, but I'll give it a few years.

Old September 20th, 2008, 01:05 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Stardust

<nyys adds to netflix queue>

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media