Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old August 17th, 2007, 03:55 AM

Venom has disabled reputation
Lee's 'Enter the Dragon' to Get Remake

this sounds really interesting

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...72501&GT1=7701

who do you guys think they'd cast to star bruce lee?

Old August 17th, 2007, 08:13 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I loved the original and have it on DVD. I don't think it needs a remake. It's a Kung-Fu classic.
Old August 17th, 2007, 03:11 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Unlike some folks, I don't generally oppose all remakes on principle...in fact I encourage them sometimes. This one though I have serious doubts about as I just don't know who could capture the character out of today's action stars. I think Enter the Dragon is such a product of its time that trying to recreate it today would be all but impossible. I just don't think you could do much new with it...might be better to make a new action movie with a similar basic starting premise but spin it in a new direction.
Old August 17th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Unlike some folks, I don't generally oppose all remakes on principle...in fact I encourage them sometimes. This one though I have serious doubts about as I just don't know who could capture the character out of today's action stars. I think Enter the Dragon is such a product of its time that trying to recreate it today would be all but impossible. I just don't think you could do much new with it...might be better to make a new action movie with a similar basic starting premise but spin it in a new direction.
I agree completely. A movie that's an homage to Enter the Dragon would be great! A remake of Enter the Dragon is bound to disappoint. Once Bruce Lee is gone you've basically removed the whole point of the movie.
Old August 17th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker

Jim Kelly says, "Bulls***, Mr. Han man!"
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:28 PM

Venom has disabled reputation
i guess only time will tell if it'll be any good

Old August 18th, 2007, 05:18 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
I'm with Jim Kelly.

Some things should be left well-alone; where the original is an acknowledged classic, like (say) Get Carter, Planet of the Apes, or the Italian Job, they should leave well-alone. No good will come of remaking it.

Occasionally a good one conmes along, though (I prefer the Brosnan Thomas Crowne Affair to the McQueen original, and the Thing is very good too).

And yet, a number of acknowledged classics are themselves remakes. Ben Hur, the Maltese Falcon, and Airplane (believe it or not) are all remakes of earlier movies.

Though a remake of Enter the Dragon would be a bad idea. Don't think, feeeeeel. As the man once said.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old August 19th, 2007, 08:57 PM

Unknownknowned has disabled reputation

What a horrible idea!
Who in Hollywood watched that movie and said, "Gee, I bet this would look wonderful with a 50 billion budget and a bad version of Lee"?
Even if it is a homage, it's still going to be rat poop.

UK

whish kapow biff thwang batman sounds

dund=lol
Old August 21st, 2007, 06:41 PM

Temprit is surprisingly tart
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO... AND NO.

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:29 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I would have to say that a lot of it depends on casting. If there was a choice between Jackie Chan and Jet Li, I'd rather have Li, but I'm not sure he is a good fit. A lot of it also depends on the writing and directing. There are more ways to screw this up than there are to get it right, unfortunately.
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:44 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I don't think Jet Li is a good fit, and Jackie Chan is totally wrong. I think they'd have to go with an unknown. I know one movie I won't be seeing.
Old August 21st, 2007, 08:14 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
That seems kinda like an insult to Lee, doesn't it? I mean, this was HIS movie. People don't see it because of the plot, or because of the characters... they see it because of him. Take Lee out of the equation, and it's just not the same movie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media