Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 14th, 2014, 06:29 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Announcing the Public Heroscape Map Database!

Thanks for uploading your maps, Typhon!

Updates have been slow on this. I started with the BoV maps and got about halfway. However I've just put in a bunch of information. I stumbled on a 2009 spreadsheet from the LIBO Heroscape League that had a bunch of information on hundreds of maps, including set requirements and size by hexes! Also, I imported the info that GaryLASQ had on the official maps and scenarios (and his own). So there's more data in here. The LIBO spreadsheet didn't have any info on download locations, so that's a good volunteer project to look up those maps that don't have a download link (and maybe add the thumbnail too.) Easy work.

I've done a couple of other things. First, if there's a scenario for a map, you should enter it like Aaryglynn: The Battle for Aaryglynn. That makes the sorting easier.

Also, there's a new top line labeled *Your Collection. After you've downloaded the map, you can put the total number of sets you own in that line. Then you can filter the new Build column. A "Y" there will tell you that you have enough sets to build that map. You can do the same thing by filtering each column, but this does the calculation for you. Pretty neat, eh?

If you all would like to see this move forward, you can help by making sure your own maps are represented there, by filling in missing data for the maps uploaded, and by adding more maps! Thanks!
Old February 14th, 2014, 11:15 PM

Mars1912 knows what's in an order marker Mars1912 knows what's in an order marker

Quick question, I don't have Excel, does making a copy and not clicking the "share with the same people" box work?
P.S I love the work you are doing!
Old February 16th, 2014, 01:35 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars1912 View Post
Quick question, I don't have Excel, does making a copy and not clicking the "share with the same people" box work?
P.S I love the work you are doing!
That should work fine. You can also put your collection numbers in the top row of the main spreadsheet and use it that way -- just know that the next time you load it, someone else's numbers will be in there! I haven't tested it with LibreOffice, but if you don't have Excel that's a good free alternative.
Old February 16th, 2014, 08:27 PM

Mars1912 knows what's in an order marker Mars1912 knows what's in an order marker

Now that FRC robotics is over, I would like to volenteer to help with this project. Has anyone done the 2+ master sets section yet?
Old February 17th, 2014, 01:44 PM

No one has signed up for anything yet -- thanks for helping out!

I changed one thing -- the "Collection" data is now in a different sheet, so you don’t have to worry about it getting mis-sorted on the main map page.
Old March 9th, 2014, 10:19 PM

Please make a personal copy of the database before sorting it. This can be accomplished by clicking File<Make a Copy. Its very difficult to add to the database if users are actively sorting it in the public copy.
Old March 15th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Hello,

I've proposed you something with the Function "Filter" in the Spreadsheet, give me your opinion !

(it filters automatically the map database following the indicated collection)
With this option, you can easily see the maps available for you, even if somebody else put a lot of filters on the other page of the spreadsheet.
Don't know if it can serve or not...

Also, added some of my maps.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old March 22nd, 2014, 02:38 PM

Zzzman74 Woo who?

Thanks for making this great map database! I've added it to my google drive so hopefully it'll be saved for posterity.
Old March 22nd, 2014, 02:49 PM

Zzzman74 Woo who?

Ishmel,

For non-techie dudes like myself, whats the best way for me to have access to the file without messing up the main public file? I tried downloading as an excel file but the thumbnail images don't show for some reason. I added the doc to my google drive but I'm afraid that if I sort or filter, it'll mess up the public doc.

Any tips?
Old March 22nd, 2014, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzman74 View Post
Ishmel,

For non-techie dudes like myself, whats the best way for me to have access to the file without messing up the main public file? I tried downloading as an excel file but the thumbnail images don't show for some reason. I added the doc to my google drive but I'm afraid that if I sort or filter, it'll mess up the public doc.

Any tips?
There's a way to make a personal copy on google drive. File>Make copy perhaps.
Old March 22nd, 2014, 08:58 PM

Zzzman74 Woo who?

OK, thanks. I just wasn't sure if that would actually make an INDEPENDENT copy that I could edit and that wouldn't affect the original, or if it would just put a "copy" in my drive but then it would actually be a "copy"(i.e. a link) of the original.

I'll try to make a copy like you said and then make a simple obvious change and see if it changes the original doc.

Thanks for the help!
Old January 8th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Awesome! How the heck is this not stickied yet?

I'm going to start adding my maps as soon as I can.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios