Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old August 4th, 2015, 05:56 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Giantslayer's Point Valuation System

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATSNACK View Post
Giantslayer, I have read this thread and look over your statistics. You really have really put alot of thought into this. If possible would you be willing to send me the spreadsheet that I could use. This looks to be a great tool.
Um, the link to it is in the first post...
Old August 4th, 2015, 06:05 PM

FATSNACK Woo who?

Oh, I see what is was doing incorrectly. Thank you Cavalier. Have you used this tool? And how has it worked for you?
Old August 30th, 2015, 07:42 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Very useful tool! I think it's better as an estimator than a final decider, but it seems very useful for giving you a starting point for playtesting. To experiment, I ran the C3G Batman (200 points) and C3G Superman (400 points) into the tester and came up with 180 points for Batman and 405 points for Superman. Considering this is calibrated to Heroscape with no squads, it's not surprising that Batman looks a tad overcosted and Superman looks a tad undercosted. I think starting with that estimate and playtesting from there would've led to the same conclusions for each.

I'm definitely going to use this the next time I start a design, before I go into playtesting. Thanks!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 19th, 2017, 10:10 AM

michaeltaylor is surprisingly tart

My calculations don't quite match yours. Am I doing something wrong?

Iron Man [200]: L4 (3), M6 (10), R6 (35), A4 (15), D6 (50), [140], Double Attack (30), Flying (30).

Silver Surfer [315]: L6 M6 R4 A4 D7 (200), Cosmic Force Blast (50), Hyper Speed 5 (50), Stealth Flying (15).

Spider-Man [210]: L5 M6 R1 A4 D4 (90), Spidey-Sense 11 (75), Swing Line 4 (30), Web Special Attack (15).

Thanos [350]: L6 M6 R6 A6 D7 (245), Rejected by Death (75), Flying (30).

Venom [190]: L5 M6 R1 A6 D4 (125): Spider-Sense 14 (30), Swing Line 4 (30), Web Special Attack (5).
Old April 19th, 2017, 10:41 AM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltaylor View Post
My calculations don't quite match yours. Am I doing something wrong?

Iron Man [200]: L4 (3), M6 (10), R6 (35), A4 (15), D6 (50), [140], Double Attack (30), Flying (30).

Silver Surfer [315]: L6 M6 R4 A4 D7 (200), Cosmic Force Blast (50), Hyper Speed 5 (50), Stealth Flying (15).

Spider-Man [210]: L5 M6 R1 A4 D4 (90), Spidey-Sense 11 (75), Swing Line 4 (30), Web Special Attack (15).

Thanos [350]: L6 M6 R6 A6 D7 (245), Rejected by Death (75), Flying (30).

Venom [190]: L5 M6 R1 A6 D4 (125): Spider-Sense 14 (30), Swing Line 4 (30), Web Special Attack (5).
Giantslayer hasn't been around for nearly two years now, of course he could be lurking around here somewhere, but this PDF is basically my HeroScape costing bible, I'll take a closer look at this later when I have some more free time.

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old April 19th, 2017, 11:30 AM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

@michaeltaylor Well nevermind, I’ll do it now, I can’t get it off my mind.
I'll try to answer as best I can.

Iron Man = “so those two attacks at 4 are approximately equal to one attack at 6. That places Double Attack at about equivalent to increasing Iron Man’s attack to 6, which would cost 35 points. Power Level 3 clocks in at 30 points.” It is likely that he added on 35 instead of 30 and that is where this inconsistency lies.

Silver Surfer = In your post you have Hyper Speed 5 valued at 50 instead of 15. But this changes nothing, I’m coming up with a value of 305. Giantslayer must have had other unmentioned reasons for costing Surfer at 320.

Spiderman = When Giantslayer is talking about Spiderman in his case study, he seems to allot more points to things, but then round them down to a power level, it is possible that he is assigning the power levels to other numbers, for example, he says that Web Attack is worth 20 points, so he assigns it a 2 (15) He could be adding on the extra 5 in his overall cost, or subtracting for other powers.

Thanos = like Giantslayer says, powers may have different values on different characters, flying may be more beneficial to some characters more than others, so for Thanos this may have bumped up flying an extra 5 points.

Venom = “It would take a defense of 6 to get him that much average damage reduction. Upgrading to 6 defense would take 35 points. Level 3 power for 30 is about right.” Another case of this.

Of course, Giantslayer may have made some mistakes as are bound to happen with theoretical maths based around toys and plastic cubes.

Old April 19th, 2017, 05:00 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

I have been using Giant-slayer's system for awhile now and find it very useful and pretty accurate. After you get the base pt total you can always adjust up or down 5-15 pts based playtests. If you look on the first page of his spread sheet you can see all the point totals and comparisons. I think you may have forgot the 5 pts for superstrength for Thanos.
Old April 19th, 2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
I have been using Giant-slayer's system for awhile now and find it very useful and pretty accurate. After you get the base pt total you can always adjust up or down 5-15 pts based playtests. If you look on the first page of his spread sheet you can see all the point totals and comparisons. I think you may have forgot the 5 pts for superstrength for Thanos.
Yeah, never wanna forget about those symbols. And don't worry @michaeltaylor , this system is still the best one out there, it is very accurate.

Old April 24th, 2017, 05:43 PM

michaeltaylor is surprisingly tart

Thanks! I'm finding it very accurate as well. There is some subjectivity but it's a really good framework. I'm currently recosting all the official cards with Sheildcrusher's template!
Old October 4th, 2022, 12:31 AM

Kyuuketsuke Woo who?

Does anyone have an adjustment for squads, even super-powered ones? To me, it seems like just adding something like "bonds-with-other-squad-members" as an ability would just mash the quantity of them together to make something very high, but I feel like I'm missing something.
Old February 7th, 2024, 11:46 AM

artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker

Something to consider is the way that some powers add exponential value to each other. For example double attack is much more valuable to someone with a move/range of 6 and flying than it would be to someone with a move of 5 range of 1. It allows you board control and flexibility of strategy much more than a double attack of 4 range 1 would. Also defense and offense kind of build on each other. For much of the game Spider-Man's defense can be largely ignored because he has a single attack of 4. Captain America and Iron Man with multiple attacks of 4 are a more pressing concern. In effect their offense makes their defense more valuable. Think of it this way; each turn Spider-Man survives you get an extra turn of 1 attack of 4. Each turn Captain America survives you get an extra turn of 1 attack of 6, or possibly 3 attacks of 4. Giving someone who has an attack of 2 an extra defense die each turn is not worth the same as giving someone who has an attack of 5 an extra defense die each turn.

CORVUS

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations