Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 10th, 2017, 05:02 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Justin,

There a great passage in Chaplin's autobiography where as a child he notes the antics that ensue when a rabbit escapes from the local slaughterhouse, and various adults try and catch him. But then, when he is recaught, Charlie realized that he will now be sent to meet his fate. An origin story for both the comedy and pathos one finds in his films.
Old October 10th, 2017, 05:04 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just saw the new Blade Runner 2049, and give it an A-. I especially enjoyed how it followed the style of visuals and music of the original. I told some of the young movie staff when I went in that I was so old I'd seen the original in the movies!

(Edit) I got a free small movie poster that is very orange, showing Harrison Ford with his pistol pausing before a wrecked building!

Last edited by chas; October 11th, 2017 at 07:57 AM.
Old October 10th, 2017, 07:52 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Just saw the new Blade Runner 2049, and give it an A-. I especially enjoyed how it followed the style of visuals and music of the original. I told some of the young movie staff when I went in that I was so old I'd seen the original in the movies!
I liked it a lot too Chas.

I also saw the original in the theaters when it came out, though I'm a little younger than you

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 11th, 2017, 08:00 AM

This Friday is the opening of Professor Marsden and the Wonder Women, a film about the original psychologist creator of Wonder Woman and his two real life women. I'll probably see it next week. Its gotten some good early reviews.

I haven't seen a link to Jill Lapore's great book The Secret History of Wonder Woman (2014) as an inspiration, which I have and like very much, and mentioned when it came out in our Comic Book section. The book is more about the surprising direct links between early feminism and the character's creation, but does chronicle the rise and fall of the original concept of WW. Her Golden Age stories were filled with all kinds of unusual things before their creator died after WWII, and they neutered the main ideas, by not letting his wife take the character over and continue his (their) work.
Old October 13th, 2017, 10:51 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Just watched The Siege of Jadotville. Great movie about an Irish company (150 troops) sent to the Congo in 1961 as peace keepers for the UN and were besieged by 3,000 French and Belgian legionnaires and Congolese troops working for mining companies. Some big picture issues with regards to cold war and the mining materials in the Congo being useful for both the allies and Soviets nuclear weapons systems.

https://g.co/kgs/R7XUmD

Based on a true story.

Old October 14th, 2017, 12:50 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Just watched The Siege of Jadotville. Great movie about an Irish company (150 troops) sent to the Congo in 1961 as peace keepers for the UN and were besieged by 3,000 French and Belgian legionnaires and Congolese troops working for mining companies. Some big picture issues with regards to cold war and the mining materials in the Congo being useful for both the allies and Soviets nuclear weapons systems.

https://g.co/kgs/R7XUmD

Based on a true story.
I watched that on Netflix a year or so ago. Not a bad film at all and interesting since it was a true story.
Old October 14th, 2017, 06:04 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Last night I watched Ex Machina (movie, not anime) and today watched matinee of Blade Runner 2049. Ex machina was pretty good and new Blade Runner was excellent. Both were slower paced, especially BR49 (Abbr). Both made you think could you really love an artificial life form, and/or could they love you, or just infatuation. Actually makes you question what love/purpose is for a human as what separates our ability to do it from an advanced AI. Both def have some R rated themes and images, especially naked AIs that are really naked actresses. But if you can get over see.
Old October 14th, 2017, 10:31 PM
Prickly Cactus

Tonight I watched Pretty In Pink with my wife and one of my daughters. My wife had recorded it when we had a free HBO weekend awhile ago and she decided to watch it tonight. One of my daughters wanted to see it and the other wanted to work on her artwork. I hadn't seen it since it came out 30 years ago, and since it was right in my wheelhouse of age ( I was 19 when it came out), I figured I'd watch it too. Good ol' movie.

Old October 14th, 2017, 11:58 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

KidScaper and I went out tonight & saw The Foreigner. I thought it was a very interesting movie. I deliberately went in without reading any reviews or looking at any publicity, and I'm glad I did.

Excellent movie, in my opinion. A bit of a throwback, for people who like the movies written in the '70s and early '80s, like Unforgiven (made years later) and Rambo. Not a classic hero's & villain's tale, but lots of action and a tightly told story.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 15th, 2017, 01:46 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I thought the ads for that movie made it look like a Taken knock off. Was that the case?
Old October 15th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

No, not at all. The movie has a couple plot and structural features that defy expectations. It’s not a classic Jackie Chan film, nor is it a classic revenge or action movie. (Edit: Some reviewers have treated it as a revenge story, which makes me think of films like Charles Bronson's Death Wish. I don't think that's quite right. It's not just his story from his perspective, as I saw it.)

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; October 15th, 2017 at 12:40 PM.
Old October 15th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Prickly Cactus

At the movies with one of my daughters, seeing Happy Death Day at her request.

Edit: It was actually pretty good, better than I had expected. Funny mystery horror flick.

Last edited by Hahma; October 15th, 2017 at 03:35 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies