Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old June 4th, 2013, 06:41 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by weebaer View Post
Using this Batman would be a lot of fun! Sage and Loki may break him though.
If you want to kill the 420 points it takes to get loki, you won't have enough points to afford the more powerful JLA members which really takes away from his power.
I disagree. I would happily just use both X's to remove two of my opponent's numbered OMs each round, limiting him to a single turn against my three turns. I don't need no steenkin' champions - I'm just calmly and methodically annihilating my opponent's OM efficiency.

I don't really like that power. Not only does it break through multiple barriers at the same time (looking at all of your opponent's OMs, guaranteed, and being able to remove an OM with precise knowledge of its number) but it also really detracts from the Justice League end of the build. Frankly, it makes me not want to use him with valiant/fearless figures or champions, because precisely targeted OM removal is so potent. I'd just run Sage, Loki, and Batman, and then figure out what else fits with the points.

Basically I think that power is a mistake all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
We should limit each power to once per round.
If you are inserting language in the power just to cover against the possibility of someone running the three-figure combo I just mentioned, then that does not speak well for the balance of that power.

Simply put, this would probably be the best "X" marker power in the game. It's clearly a cut above the best defensive "X" powers out there now (MODOK, ProfX, Baron Zemo).

Last edited by dok; June 4th, 2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old June 4th, 2013, 11:06 PM

DocGlock is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Took a look at the scientist available and I'm not feeling that addition, Mr. Freeze & Floronic Man in particular are figures I would not want to see Batman bond with. The Scientist faction already has a leader in Mr. Fantastic too.
Mr. Fantastic really only works with Adventurers not Scientist. You can still use Scientists with the Thing though. I'd actually like to see some more Scientist synergy personally, maybe make them into more of their own faction instead of just a footnote to Mr. Fantastic and his adventurers. However I do not think that Batman should be that leader as bonding with Mr. Freeze and Floronic Man would be rather unthematic. Although I think he has made an uneasy alliance with freeze at least once... Or I may just be thinking of an episode of the old cartoon show.
Old June 4th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

And how would you make that power workable online anyway?

(Not that you guys would be concerned with that, and probably aren't. No fault for that either.)
Old June 5th, 2013, 12:21 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post

(Not that you guys would be concerned with that, and probably aren't. No fault for that either.)
There is a power in the Sanctum currently that I was thinking about that made me spew my Cheez-Itz all over my keyboard when I read this!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old June 5th, 2013, 09:48 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:

There is a power in the Sanctum currently that I was thinking about that made me spew my Cheez-Itz all over my keyboard when I read this!
Heh, that'll be a fun one to figure out online.
Old June 5th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

dok definitely makes some good points about how Batman (III) should be toned down. I'm actually not super keen on him being able to view all OMs at any point either, as that seems to represent omniscience or a psychic ability. I'd want to see that portion much more limited just for thematic reasons.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 5th, 2013, 11:22 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I was thinking he should only be able to do his 'detective work' when not actively engaged in a fist fight. Being able to engage him with a figure in order to prevent him from looking at any more OMs should help keep the power in check.

THE GREATEST DETECTIVE
Before taking a turn with Batman, if Batman is unengaged you may choose an opponent and look at one of their unrevealed Order Markers. You may then immediately reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to remove that Order Marker from the opponent's Army Card. If you do not remove the Order Marker, return it to the opponents card without revealing it to any other players.
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:43 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Assuming you're talking about what I think you're talking about, online play is the least of your concerns with that one. We can make it work. The Batman power would be trickier.
Old June 5th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I was thinking he should only be able to do his 'detective work' when not actively engaged in a fist fight. Being able to engage him with a figure in order to prevent him from looking at any more OMs should help keep the power in check.

THE GREATEST DETECTIVE
Before taking a turn with Batman, if Batman is unengaged you may choose an opponent and look at one of their unrevealed Order Markers. You may then immediately reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to remove that Order Marker from the opponent's Army Card. If you do not remove the Order Marker, return it to the opponents card without revealing it to any other players.
It has potential, but not sure I like limiting the removal to just the viewed OM, but it should be limited to at least 1 figure if not just that OM. I think I'd like being able to remove any OM on the card, but only allowing you to look at 1. This would keep it in check while making it less stagnant, and besides, it makes it seem more like the world's greatest detective this way anyways because he can know what you're doing ahead of you(so to speak) and foil one of your earlier or future attempts at the same time that he discerns your plan
Old June 5th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Assuming you're talking about what I think you're talking about, online play is the least of your concerns with that one. We can make it work. The Batman power would be trickier.
Aww come'on, I wanna know now!
Old June 5th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Aww come'on, I wanna know now!
You will....when it's released
Old June 5th, 2013, 06:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post

THE GREATEST DETECTIVE
It has potential, but not sure I like limiting the removal to just the viewed OM, but it should be limited to at least 1 figure if not just that OM. I think I'd like being able to remove any OM on the card, but only allowing you to look at 1. This would keep it in check while making it less stagnant, and besides, it makes it seem more like the world's greatest detective this way anyways because he can know what you're doing ahead of you(so to speak) and foil one of your earlier or future attempts at the same time that he discerns your plan
Yeah, I wouldn't have a problem with removing any OM on the figures card. That works for me thematically. Just getting the wording down where it is not a paragraph long is the thing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy