Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old August 6th, 2007, 11:20 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl
I like the card! I think that's also a good way to distinguish Ultimate Marvel from regular Marvel. I was wondering how to do that myself, and that's one reason I haven't actually done any Ultimate figures. I made a version of Scarlet Witch, too (I don't know if that's the one you were referring to or not). It's interesting that we tried to incorporate the same ability but used slightly different mechanics to go about it.
It was your card I was referring to I only seem to make cards for figures I own and seeings as my figure is a different version to yours (she has lost the Hex Blast in the Ultimate series for some reason) I tried to work it differently. I'm not 100% happy with the card as I think I'll add another ability, something along the lines of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff
TELEPORT MATTER
Range 4.
After moving and before attacking, Scarlet Witch may choose any small or medium figure in range and teleport them to any spaces within 4 spaces of Scarlet Witch. Line of sight is only needed when starting to Teleport Matter.
Old August 6th, 2007, 11:26 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
My only concern with Scarlett Witch is keeping track of which skills you've used this round. I'm not so concerned with Outcome Manipulation, but Probability Control might be a bit hard to track in practice given it's wide range of uses. Personally, I'd rather see her start each round with 3 Hex markers and have a single power that lets you force a reroll of any kind 3 times per round. Just might be easier from a play mechanics standpoint.
Old August 8th, 2007, 08:47 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
My only concern with Scarlett Witch is keeping track of which skills you've used this round. I'm not so concerned with Outcome Manipulation, but Probability Control might be a bit hard to track in practice given it's wide range of uses. Personally, I'd rather see her start each round with 3 Hex markers and have a single power that lets you force a reroll of any kind 3 times per round. Just might be easier from a play mechanics standpoint.
I changed the way the ability works. What do you think now?
Old August 8th, 2007, 09:44 AM
C3G Hero

A couple of new cards I knocked up tonight

Giant-Man

Wasp

Old August 8th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
For Wasp, for 190 points, you need more. The special attack needs a range as well. She might be worth 100 points with all of her specials but with 2 defense (even with the evasive movement) and 3 life, she will die quick. And her attack, though slightly above average, is not going to get her 190 points worth. The 6 stealth flying is nice as is the 1 height.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old August 8th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

I think Giant man is good as written, worth his points. Though with the height change at will, you should limit that to at the beginning of his turn or something and it stays that way until he changes it again with another activation.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old August 8th, 2007, 10:54 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
For Wasp, for 190 points, you need more. The special attack needs a range as well. She might be worth 100 points with all of her specials but with 2 defense (even with the evasive movement) and 3 life, she will die quick. And her attack, though slightly above average, is not going to get her 190 points worth. The 6 stealth flying is nice as is the 1 height.
Nice pick-up on the range for the special
If I increased her defense to 4 or 5 but kept her life low (maybe bumped up to 4), would that be worth the points?
Old August 8th, 2007, 10:55 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
I think Giant man is good as written, worth his points. Though with the height change at will, you should limit that to at the beginning of his turn or something and it stays that way until he changes it again with another activation.
That's a great idea I'll have to get onto that.
Old August 8th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff
Quote:
Nice pick-up on the range for the special
If I increased her defense to 4 or 5 but kept her life low (maybe bumped up to 4), would that be worth the points?
With the special defense of 1 sheild blocking all damage at a 5 defense, yes, she would be worth her points (even with a life of 3). You would then be relying on other defense bypassing abilities like maul or paralyzing stare or instakills to get her.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old August 9th, 2007, 08:00 AM
C3G Hero

Patriot

Old August 9th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think Wasp would be more fun to play against if she only moved the 3 spaces when she actually rolls a shield. It would give it a little suspense. And with five dice and one shield blocking all damage from any attack, it would be fun to get that little extra reward when you finally punch a wound through on your 50,000th shot.

And is making her Tiny really such a good idea? Is the goal to make her immune to a whole bunch of stuff, or is it just that "small" isn't small enough? Because like the game-mechanical effects are considerable for a flavor thing. By making her immune to almost all defense bypassers, it seems like the frustration level would become just unbearable.
Old August 9th, 2007, 09:00 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
I think Wasp would be more fun to play against if she only moved the 3 spaces when she actually rolls a shield. It would give it a little suspense. And with five dice and one shield blocking all damage from any attack, it would be fun to get that little extra reward when you finally punch a wound through on your 50,000th shot.
My idea for Wasp was to have her work like an annoying wasp, just buzzing around, stinging you but always just out of reach. (Perhaps I've made her attacks to high) Moving away only if a shield is rolled would probably work because I wanted her to be killed easily if an attack got through. Squashed like the bug she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
And is making her Tiny really such a good idea? Is the goal to make her immune to a whole bunch of stuff, or is it just that "small" isn't small enough? Because like the game-mechanical effects are considerable for a flavor thing. By making her immune to almost all defense bypassers, it seems like the frustration level would become just unbearable.
I only picked 1 because there is nothing smaller She can reduce her size to the proportions of a real wasp while still maintaining her usual strength. For me, she'd have to be tiny.

BTW, thanks for the comments!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations