Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Official Rules & Units

Old November 22nd, 2022, 04:13 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: AoA Proxy Model Thread

I am shocked at how quickly this is coming together. Good job, everybody!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 22nd, 2022, 04:53 PM

TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I am shocked at how quickly this is coming together. Good job, everybody!
Thanks for stopping by Dad Scaper, we couldn't be embarking on this endeavor without you and the other mad geniuses at the war council. This is like a high profile director stumbling on some micro budget indie remake of one of their movies and complementing the shoot!
Old November 22nd, 2022, 05:45 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A few more I came across:

Vorid Glide Strikers
Even though they don't have wings, the aesthetic and poses are quite close.

Knight Adjuctor Oberon
Technically a badger, but very close, especially when painted like a polar bear.

Ordo Borealis
These are cats, but could definitely work.
Old November 22nd, 2022, 06:13 PM

TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post

Vorid Glide Strikers

Knight Adjuctor Oberon
Technically a badger, but very close, especially when painted like a polar bear.

Ordo Borealis
Thats probably the closest to definitive Ordo Borelais Ive seen, barring anyone attempting to 3d print the original sculpts. Thanks for the killer finds!
Old November 22nd, 2022, 07:30 PM

Heirloom knows what's in an order marker Heirloom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIsamu View Post
Quote:

Vorid Glide Strikers

Knight Adjuctor Oberon

Ordo Borealis
Thats probably the closest to definitive Ordo Borelais Ive seen, barring anyone attempting to 3d print the original sculpts. Thanks for the killer finds!

FYI - I ordered a set of the Ordo/cats (sculpts B, D, E and requested 28mm); with shipping from Canada + tax it's $50, eek. I'm no minis expert but when they arrive I'll report on how well they look/work [fingers crossed].

Last edited by Heirloom; November 22nd, 2022 at 07:30 PM. Reason: typo
Old November 22nd, 2022, 10:33 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I found a "pre-painted" yet pricy option for Xenithrax.

https://www.safariltd.com/products/d...igurines-10134
Old November 22nd, 2022, 11:51 PM

damocles is surprisingly tart

For those working on the Vorid Glide Strikers here are some mechanical wings
https://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/mechanical-wings
Old November 23rd, 2022, 12:01 AM

damocles is surprisingly tart

Air Marshall Zed Nesbit
https://www.waylandgames.co.uk/halfl...nauts-regiment
Old November 23rd, 2022, 12:17 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
My understanding is that we are not allowed to post .stl files of even proxy 3d prints. Maybe I misunderstood Dysole's rule.

Sharing existing minis that work as good proxies should be fine, though. I can't wait to see what y'all are able to dig up!
I asked this question of @quozl and he said as long as it was not a STL created from the image of the figure that was revealed. I took this as STLs found that looked similar were alright.
Old November 23rd, 2022, 12:39 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

@TheIsamu I just wanted to make sure that the below two could be put in to your official list. Thanks for pulling this together.

Fia Bonny the Void Siren:
https://www.myminifactory.com/object...-of-war-244320
This is a free STL and I know the gun is in the wrong hand, there's a sword instead of a dagger, and she has small wings. The wings can easily be removed the rest looks pretty similar to me.

Xenithrax the Soulweaver:
https://www.myminifactory.com/object...-dragon-118707
This is another free STL.

Last edited by gatormustang; November 24th, 2022 at 01:52 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2022, 07:17 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIsamu View Post
Quote:

Vorid Glide Strikers

Knight Adjuctor Oberon

Ordo Borealis

FYI - I ordered a set of the Ordo/cats (sculpts B, D, E and requested 28mm); with shipping from Canada + tax it's $50, eek. I'm no minis expert but when they arrive I'll report on how well they look/work [fingers crossed].
Nice (But also ouch)! I did notice the high $8.57 each price tag. I am really close to pulling the trigger as well, but I might wait to see your results if scaling is an issue.

This picture from the Haslab is quite helpful in determining scale for all these proxies:

According to this, the bears/cats should be 57mm (2 1/4") tall. Vorids should be 27mm (1 1/16").

If others are thinking about ordering these and are also interested in other units, you might be able to get them all from the same place to save on shipping:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseminis FAQ

I have a miniature I want printed that you don't sell. Can you print it?

Quite probably yes, but I am only allowed to sell and list miniatures that I have a license from the sculptor to do so. If you have files that you've purchased, definitely shoot us a message, and we can see what can be done.
Old November 24th, 2022, 12:37 AM

Quick update: Found a post on the Heroscape subreddit where even more AoA figures were made in Heroforge check them out here: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroscape/c...roxies_get_em/

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Official Rules & Units