Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old July 2nd, 2023, 08:30 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Games Will You Be Purchasing?

Just heard that a pal who ordered it for me just got the notification that Kingmaker (aka "Kingmaker The Second") should be here this coming week. A long Designer's Diary addressed the problems it used to have on BGG, and made me excited for this release. So, like The Russian Campaign, it will be a game from the Seventies reborn! This new version will be shorter and play with up to five. After being Kickstarted, it will also have the old version as an option, and even a Solo mode. This is the old design on the English War of the Roses.

How often does a Kickstarter deliver early? The Last Kingdom will be here in August instead of September. It was a simple offering with no multiple backer tiers, stretch goals, or add-ons. It looks to be a much simpler game, but not easy to win! Its Leaders and Heroes of Anglo Saxon England will have powers reflecting their roles in the novel series and TV show by or based on the works by Bernard Cornwell, which actually is a fictionalized version of the history of his own family, which he learned about only late in life!

Another Kickstarter now due in October is Dune: War For Arrakis, a full on CMON production. They just released the newly redrafted rules based on backer comments, including from some who playtested it on Table Top Simulator. This is the new online standard for developing a game, and several are doing this now. It has seven "alternate universe" options where different characters lived longer, shorter, or changed alliances during the first book chronicling the Harlkonnen-Atreides war. What will be out first, this or the second part of the new movie?

Bretwalda is a totally different treatment of the Anglo Saxon kingdoms and Viking invasions of England. Its also due next Fall. Its a beautiful game, and I'm also getting the first expansion, which allows for a Viking player (and a fifth player). How can you not?

Song For War is a crowdfunder I backed, but then the offering failed. The new company making this first design on the WWII Mediterranean Theater with the British, Americans, Italians, and Germans, should be reoffered. Its been two months since it was withdrawn, and many of us are hoping to see it reborn with its innovative features and new scenarios.
Old July 2nd, 2023, 07:04 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm looking forward to backing (Time)Scape from Adventure Together Games. They released a trailer that is pretty neat:
Code:
https://vimeo.com/840212304/2791549c61
Other than that I'm just saving for whenever Heroscape goes on preorder and trying my best to talk myself out of any other board game purchases.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 2nd, 2023, 07:29 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I'm looking forward to backing (Time)Scape from Adventure Together Games. They released a trailer that is pretty neat:
Code:
Other than that I'm just saving for whenever Heroscape goes on preorder and trying my best to talk myself out of any other board game purchases.

When will Timescape be available for backing?
Old July 12th, 2023, 03:46 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
When will Timescape be available for backing?
I think during or soon after GenCon, but I'm not certain.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 14th, 2023, 12:08 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Code:
The aesthetic is glorious; they really nailed it. The timing is a bit unfortunate, as I am more likely to put money towards buying new terrain from Renegade which would be compatible with my current collection. Then again, it would provide different map options....
Old July 14th, 2023, 12:35 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I really need to stop so I can save for when Renegade releases their first wave of Scape, but I broke down and backed the Crossbows and Catapults KS. The nostalgia factor was simply too great to be overcome by a sensible choice.

-insert signature here-
Old July 15th, 2023, 12:05 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Tales of the Arthurian Knights!

Old July 15th, 2023, 09:43 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Just heard that a pal who ordered it for me just got the notification that Kingmaker (aka "Kingmaker The Second") should be here this coming week. A long Designer's Diary addressed the problems it used to have on BGG, and made me excited for this release. So, like The Russian Campaign, it will be a game from the Seventies reborn! This new version will be shorter and play with up to five. After being Kickstarted, it will also have the old version as an option, and even a Solo mode. This is the old design on the English War of the Roses.
Ordered! Thanks for the heads up on this new version Chaz! A beloved game of mine from the ‘70s. Remind me to show you my hand painted large scale version of the game board sometime!
Old October 4th, 2023, 02:45 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A minor update on Timescape by Adventure Together Games: it is now called TimeStrike. Also, clicking around their website, I noticed that they actually have a prototype card:

(I took the liberty of giving her one of ryguy266's shirts. She looked cold)

Definitely similar, yet also definitely more complicated. Still no update on when the Kickstarter will be, but clearly things are still happening.
Old October 4th, 2023, 05:15 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Freelancers: A Crossroads Game and Pirate Fluxx. Next month it'll be The Adventures of Robin Hood and possibly the Friar Tuck in Trouble expansion.

Old October 5th, 2023, 02:22 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
A minor update on Timescape by Adventure Together Games: it is now called TimeStrike. Also, clicking around their website, I noticed that they actually have a prototype card:

(I took the liberty of giving her one of ryguy266's shirts. She looked cold)

Definitely similar, yet also definitely more complicated. Still no update on when the Kickstarter will be, but clearly things are still happening.
Excited for this as well! I’ve had the opportunity to work on editing for this project and it’s been a blast working with their team and seeing everything come together ahead of the kickstarter.
Old October 5th, 2023, 04:01 PM

Dragons Down, when it comes out. It's a remake of Magic Realm and the tutorial video looks great!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games