Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 8th, 2017, 12:29 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Ant-Man (Scott Lang)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
For the first suggested change, I'd rather leave it as it is, as I do quite like that certain low-level minions like Street Thugs or HYDRA Agents if unboosted can't defend against him at all, but that isn't a hill I'm going to die on.
That's fine, I thought I'd just throw it out there as a suggestion.

Quote:
Quote:
I'd be happy splitting Tiny Thief into Tiny Stealth and another power (to which I'd possibly try to come up with a different name), but 4 powers might be a hard sell for other people, and I don't want to have to cut anything (especially not at this stage).
Personally, it's the number of effects and overall complexity of the card I'm watching for, which this card pushes regardless of the number of powers it's sorted into. In this case, the only difference is we'd be breaking the powers apart for easier readability, which as long as it fits on the card fine, seems like a positive to me.
Theoretically, I'm okay with it (though I'd probably want to change the name in that case) - the only thing is what other heroes will think about a 4 power card. I'd like to hear thoughts from the other heroes - I'm honestly not bothered either way.

Quote:
Quote:
Also, I'm wondering if we want to take the adjacent bit out of Small But Mighty - it's not a big deal, but it does affect whether or not he can use it if he has the Bat Shurikens.
Well, it's a pretty niche situation, and it doesn't seem like a theme break; I mean, shurikens being flung out of seemingly nowhere seems like a pretty good surprise attack to me. We can add it back in, but with the amount of text/effects going on with this card already I was trying to condense as much as possible.
Cool, I can work with that, and it does seem thematically justified, I just want to make absolutely sure we know what we're doing with things like that and bear them in mind - I've seen a lot of comments about powers that shouldn't work with shurikens but do before and people being concerned about that, so it's always something I'm careful to check and bring up to make sure it isn't decided accidentally by default, as it so easily could.
If it can be thematically justified...and I think it can be here I don't worry about it. The issue about the Batarangs was with Wolverine type wording that subtracted because of his adamantium claws and the batarangs aren't adamantium.
Absolutely agree, I just feel that these are the sorts of issues that ought to be raised in case people do have a problem with it.
Any thoughts on whether to split the powers? I'm not bothered either way, though I'd probably slightly veer towards no.
Oh, while you're here, @japes , since we seem to be nearing the end of the design, any chance you could get some pictures snapped of that Thomas set you mentioned earlier, in case the ones from the film in the Third Post won't work (which I think they might not). I'd really appreciate it.
It should make it 4 relatively short powers so I have no issue with four powers. As a general rule I only have an issue with four powers when it seems like you are trying to squeeze 10 gallons of stuff into a 5 gallon bag. I prefer simplicity and if most of the powers can be handled in stats I don't need a fancy power with a thematic name. I actually have more of an issue with two powers stuffed into one just for the sake of "3 power limits". Whether there are four named powers or not, in my opinion you already have four powers.

If you take out the tiny stealth portion the remainder still works as "Tiny Thief" so I don't think you even need a new name.

EDIT: I'll try to get some pictures. With baseball season in full swing (pun intended) and now job hunting at the same time, it may take some time.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 8th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Ant-Man (Scott Lang) (Final Editing)

This Passes on Time. Scott Lang has now entered Final Editing.

Thinking it over, I think I'd rather keep Tiny Thief as one power. I do think that Tiny Stealth and Black Cat's Cat Burglar have enough in common (with the whole necessary disengage part) to fit together well as one power, and while japes says that Tiny Thief wouldn't need a name change, I think it would, as having Tiny Stealth and Tiny Thief as powers on the same card would feel repetitive, at least to me, and I haven't managed to think of a name for Tiny Thief that's particularly grabbed me. So, unless there's a particular call for separating it, I'd rather keep it as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
EDIT: I'll try to get some pictures. With baseball season in full swing (pun intended) and now job hunting at the same time, it may take some time.
Thanks - that would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Oh, and I updated the SP with Viegon's edits.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; April 8th, 2017 at 02:32 PM.
Old April 8th, 2017, 07:15 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I've got the card ready to go whenever. I can try and find a suitable background or if you'd prefer the train set from japes, we're all set when that is decided.
Old April 9th, 2017, 06:52 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
I've got the card ready to go whenever. I can try and find a suitable background or if you'd prefer the train set from japes, we're all set when that is decided.
Thank you! If you can find a good background, that'd be grand, but I'd really like something along the lines of that climactic fight scene in the Thomas set, so if we can't find something like that, then I'd prefer to wait on japes.

Thanks again!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 9th, 2017, 09:24 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

This is probably the best I could find:

Not exactly the same thing, but it is a nice homage to it.
Old April 9th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Happy with the results so far.

As for splitting Tiny Thief - I was going to suggest the same thing initially, but when I looked at it in a vacuum... the power has a lot going on, and I would be happy to split it up, but the various "chunks" all flow together logically and are mechanically linked. I'm fine with LD choice there.
Old April 10th, 2017, 06:02 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
This is probably the best I could find:

Not exactly the same thing, but it is a nice homage to it.
Oh, wow! That's perfect, thank you! I think we're ready to go with the card now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Happy with the results so far.

As for splitting Tiny Thief - I was going to suggest the same thing initially, but when I looked at it in a vacuum... the power has a lot going on, and I would be happy to split it up, but the various "chunks" all flow together logically and are mechanically linked. I'm fine with LD choice there.
Yeah, that was pretty much where I was coming from - I'm going to keep it as one power.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 10th, 2017, 06:57 PM

Sent to japes.
Old April 10th, 2017, 09:03 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

See OP.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 11th, 2017, 05:31 AM
Hard as ice

Re: The Book of Ant-Man (Scott Lang) (Vote for Release)

Thanks, guys - they look amazing! Now that the cards are up, I'm going to Propose the Vote for Release!

@Tornado -
@johnny139 -
@Viegon - Yea
@Yodaking -
@japes - Yea
@TrollBrute - Yea
@Zettian Juggernaut - Abstain

P.S., I'd appreciate it if anyone would be able to check that I've not missed any synergies - I don't think I have, but better to be certain.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; April 11th, 2017 at 01:48 PM.
Old April 11th, 2017, 10:53 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Yea

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 11th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
P.S., I'd appreciate it if anyone would be able to check that I've not missed any synergies - I don't think I have, but better to be certain.
At a glance, I think just Jackal and Mid-Nite

Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library