Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 31st, 2007, 06:28 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Book of Trignor the Mountain Guard

This thread is for the discussion and trial for hi1hi1hi1hi1's custom, Trignor the Mountain Guard. Please refer to the Discussion Guidelines.

Playtesting should only include official cards.

Playtesting suggestions:
1) On a map with lot of elevation to test out how well Mountain Scaling works

Judges:
brickman1444
ZBeeblebrox
NecroBlade

Brickman1444, who hopes he got the format right.

6 x 9 = 42

Old August 31st, 2007, 06:57 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Well just a little background info. Trignor was the 3rd custom I ever made, created right after I recieved wave 1. It's been turned over quite a few times and there was some controversy with the 1 unblockable attack die. Though now that we have units like Deadeye and Runa, a combination of their abilities is not all that interesting. Still he's a fun one to play, that can help you just as much as he can hurt you.

Old August 31st, 2007, 10:31 PM

nonexistantnonexister has disabled reputation
Instead of unblockable to a 4 attack die, and add tough.

Old August 31st, 2007, 11:19 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonexistantnonexister
Instead of unblockable to a 4 attack die
What?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 31st, 2007, 11:25 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Well, I don't know about changing the attack, but if you decide to keep it, it should be worded as follows:

EARTHQUAKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4 Attack 1
Roll 1 attack die for each Small or Medium figure within 4 spaces of Trignor, including Trignor. Figures affected by Earthquake Special Attack may not roll defense dice. Trignor does not need line of sight for this attack.

If you do keep it, I'd consider reducing the area of effect to 2 or 3 spaces.

Old August 31st, 2007, 11:30 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster
I agree, but think I would word it as follows:

Earthquake Special Attack
Range 3. Attack 1.
Roll 1 attack die against each small and medium figure within 3 spaces of Trignor the Mountain Guard. No line of sight is needed. Figures affected by the Earquake Special attack may not roll defense dice. Trignor is affected by his own Earthquake Special Attack.

More consistent with official wording, IMO.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 31st, 2007, 11:35 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
I agree, but think I would word it as follows:

Earthquake Special Attack
Range 3. Attack 1.
Roll 1 attack die against each small and medium figure within 3 spaces of Trignor the Mountain Guard. No line of sight is needed. Figures affected by the Earquake Special attack may not roll defense dice. Trignor is affected by his own Earthquake Special Attack.

More consistent with official wording, IMO.
I agree with Necro, i like this wording the best so far.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old August 31st, 2007, 11:59 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox
So do I, actually.

Old September 1st, 2007, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox
So do I, actually.
Me, too!

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:07 AM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Sounds good to me too.

6 x 9 = 42

Old September 1st, 2007, 08:49 AM

nonexistantnonexister has disabled reputation
I playtested him last night,

Trignor
Krav
Dumutef

Carr
Izumi
Sgnt Drake
Finn

Trignor rushed across the bridge. Marro, Drake, and Finn ran up to the bridge, but could not reach him, he killed all the marro, and wounded drake, and himself. Finn gave him a wound. Trignor wounds Finn and Drake, then runs over to the healing glyph. He eventually killed drake and finn, but essentially would have died in the first turn, and only done fifty points of damage. look at Cyprien, he has a just as devastating attack, life drain, six life, and flying, for only 30 points more, make him 180, give him six life so he can last longer, and make the earthquake ot effect him

Old September 2nd, 2007, 07:47 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sorry for not chiming in earlier. My computer with the GImpg, all my customs and all my pictures/files/anything else that was important, will not start. All of a sudden it just started repeating the startup screen forever. I like the new wording for Earthquake, it is more official, but I have to download the GIMP to this computer, then recreate the entire card from scratch. Again I'm sorry for not being active, but circumstances as they are were not too permitting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards