Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old August 5th, 2021, 09:44 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 1] Velkhor (Ob Nixilis, Demon of Spite) - Playtesti

Have we determined what planet velkhor is from? Didn’t see it listed in OP. @Scytale
Old August 5th, 2021, 09:45 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Have we determined what planet velkhor is from? Didn’t see it listed in OP. @Scytale
Huh, I don't think we ever did. Well, plenty of fantasy worlds to choose from.
Old August 5th, 2021, 09:49 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
I’m guessing there would be resistance to arctorus, and I don’t know enough about dnd to know if the mini can pass for a Toril or Eberron demon? I’d rather not introduce demons to Icaria or Valhalla. That leaves us with Grut or Feylund, neither of which I love but either of which I could live with.
Old August 5th, 2021, 09:54 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I’m guessing there would be resistance to arctorus, and I don’t know enough about dnd to know if the mini can pass for a Toril or Eberron demon? I’d rather not introduce demons to Icaria or Valhalla. That leaves us with Grut or Feylund, neither of which I love but either of which I could live with.
It's a pretty generic-looking demon, and there are lots of different kinds of demons and devils in D&D. So yeah, it could be one, though the powers aren't really reminiscent of D&D designs.

I kinda like the warworld Grut. Feylund always works.
Old August 5th, 2021, 09:59 AM

Yeah, at this point I think I’d prefer grut over feylund. The idea of demons there fits in kinda neatly with the ritualistic tribal vibes of the orca and varkaanan

However, if it fits in dnd that probably has the strongest precedent. I was a bit worried it might look more like a dnd devil rather than demon, but glad to hear that isn’t the case.
Old August 5th, 2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
However, if it fits in dnd that probably has the strongest precedent. I was a bit worried it might look more like a dnd devil rather than demon, but glad to hear that isn’t the case.
Well, it does look more like a D&D devil than demon.

If we make it a D&D devil or demon, his powers should be changed to be ones that more closely align with D&D devils/demons.
Old August 5th, 2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Well, it does look more like a D&D devil than demon.

If we make it a D&D devil or demon, his powers should be changed to be ones that more closely align with D&D devils/demons.
Sounds like Grut it is then �� Really rather not do a whole redesign just because we never nailed down the planet.
Old August 5th, 2021, 06:44 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Velkhor was used in one of two quick playtests at ScapeCon.

Mimring, Velkhor, Nephda, Tarn
vs
Airborne Elite, Katryn Vade, Syvarris, Izumi Samurai

The map was a multiplayer map that we simply used small sections of. This was mostly an alley between some ruins, with the Pillars of Har added in the middle across some swamp.

After some positioning, Airborne Dropped Round 2, with two going on a hill near the start zone, and two taking the Pillars. Tarn won initiative and knocked one off a Pillar to his death (fun moment!). Out of the 3 remaining Grenades, only 1 skull was rolled and killed 1 Tarn. Velkhor moved up to put all enemy figures in range of the Aura, which meant Mimring's 3-skull Fireline catching 2 Airborne killed them both no matter what they rolled (another cool moment). Syvarris took height over everything and rained fire, killing Mimring in one turn, then Velkhor (who gave him the Spirit in revenge). Sadly, this meant Nephda didn't really get tested as she moved out just too late to heal her allies. She got a hit on 0D Syvarris, then also died to his hot dice. Izumi moved out and engaged the last 2 Tarn, then Katryn used her SA to target an Izumi, killing it but also both Tarn to end the game.

This wasn't a major test by any means, but it was enough to get a little bit of a feel for some characters. Velkhor certainly seemed like he had a lot of potential, getting all enemies within the aura and not giving Airborne even a chance at defending. With Stealth Flying and the drop to 110 points, anything more (larger Aura, for example) seems like it would be overkill.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 5th, 2021, 06:57 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Fun read, thanks for sharing that.
Old March 20th, 2022, 10:14 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

While I'm suggesting basic stats... 7/1/4/5.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 11th, 2022, 09:31 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've been wanting to this guy a go for while, I love the Wolves so much and it's always great to see them getting some new bonding options. Finally, snuck a game in, and it was... interesting.

Map: Remains of Clionesia
Glyphs: Lucky d20, +1 Attack

Army 1: Wolves of Badru x3, Velkhor, Siifv
Army 2: Warriors of Ashra x3, Drake 1.0, Raelin, Isamu

Which units survived?
Wolf of Badru

The game was played mostly normally, with the Wolves tearing through the Warriors with their pounce ability. Drake came out near the end of the game and cleaned them up, including Velkhor. However, my opponent only won initiative once, and rolled very poorly on defense dice throughout. Despite this, at the end of the game, there was only a Wolf of Badru left against Isamu, a one-life Drake, and a three-life Raelin. Absurdly, the wolf killed them all in two rounds, winning the game.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

Velkor's Frailty Aura ability came up three times. It resulted in two dead Warriors, and one wound against Drake. With him placed on Drake's card, a pounce from the lone wolf killed him, which otherwise had the possibility of being blocked.

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?

Despite my opponent's ridiculously bad luck, they still almost won with an army that is far from tournament ready. Like Morgoloth, I feel like Velkhor gives the wolves a really cool option of making pounce more viable against squaddies, allowing them to compete in the common squad meta, but in a completely different way. Six move and stealth flying meant he could easily keep up with the wolves' threat range, so he felt like the perfect compliment to them. Given the outcome of the game, he might be a little underpowered as an option compared to Morgoloth, but I think that's okay, given how strong Morgoloth is.

Last edited by orgsbane; November 11th, 2022 at 09:51 PM.
Old December 1st, 2022, 11:42 AM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm probably way too late to point out a flavor thing, but I figure this can't hurt- the flavor of a "frailty aura" seems kind of awkward? Demons are often depicted as spiteful and tricky but I'm not sure I get the flavor of a demon making you weaker just by being close, unless it's in like a spiritual/possession sense- which this doesn't seem to be. It seems like there may be a better name for the power.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs