Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 28th, 2022, 12:31 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bill
You think that's ALL you're getting today? Think again! Encarmine and his team have been doing some work on the color of the figures and have ideas around some changes...
From https://hasbropulse.com/blogs/avalon...?sf172238351=1
Quote:
Welcome back, gamers!

We’ve been listening to a lot of the feedback over the past few weeks regarding the HeroScape: Age of Annihilation, Vanguard Edition Has Lab campaign and as you’re aware, we’ve already made a number of changes to the Has Lab project page to help showcase this incredible game in a way that it deserves.

However, we also recognize that there are some elements of the product itself that fans held differing opinions over. One of those elements was the color of the miniatures as shown on the Has Lab page. Now, as a reminder our team is still working hard to make everything you see as best as it possibly can be. To that end, our design team went back and took another look at the colors of the figures and decided some adjustments were in order. While these colors are not necessarily final, we do think they more closely represent our team’s intentions for the finished product. Take a look below!

As many folks are aware, each color represents the alignment a figure or squad shows towards a particular Valkyrie General. For example, a vibrant, almost blood red represents figures that show allegiance to the villainous Utgar while the more heroic Jandar commands figures formed in a clean, crisp blue.

You’ll also notice some updates from what is shown on the Has Lab page – a couple colors, notably Volarak’s light green, have been toned down from the brighter shade previously shown. And Revna has undergone a significant change, moving from a bright orange to what we feel is a more appropriate bone color.

Finally, you might even spy that one figure has seemingly had a change of heart and has switched their alliance! We know there are some Ullar fans out there who were saddened that their favorite Valkyrie General was not as well represented in the Vanguard Edition as other generals, so our team is rethinking some of the Dryan Lifeborne Magi to see if they truly belong as Volarak units, or if Ullar is a better fit. Again, remember that nothing is final so more allegiances may change or change back! That said, our team hopes to make sure each Valkyrie isn’t left wanting.

For those who are interested in painting these figures, a simple base coat of your preferred color should help you get started no matter the color of the plastic so that you are able to achieve the desired results on each and every model. We’re especially excited to see what our fans may come up with! Just note that paint, paint brushes, and all other painting equipment is not included.

What do you think of these colors? Sound off with your feedback in all our usual social places, and if you haven’t yet backed the HeroScape: Age of Annihilation, Vanguard Edition Has Lab campaign, we hope you take another look at the page with these updates in mind. We still have more updates to come in the future, so make sure to check back often!

The Battle of all Time rages on… will you take up arms?
(Image URL is "Spot_the_Differences")

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWhale
is Marachott's color correct for her figure? Or is that an example?
I said earlier some general assignments were subject to change
Looks like you just saw a change
I’m talking my tree boy Ullar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar
I wonder whether they're going to transfer the entire "green nature Dryan" subfaction to Ullar, or whether Haluchott will remain with Volarak so that he can still have his staff forged by her.
I’m going to rewrite, so we can get some units in Ullar’s camp.
On the topic of Revna:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ya, she turned a bit more goth I guess. Less flash, more death.
I'm imagining her with a bone-white shroud and an orange skull mask (because obviously she's gotta be dressed like her icon).
Yah, I really think of her as someone that almost has fits of rage. Quiet and solemn one minute and slitting someone throats almost randomly the next.

Last edited by Dysole; October 29th, 2022 at 05:49 PM.
Old November 1st, 2022, 02:07 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: NO POSTING - Heroscape 2.0 News from Designers and Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Patrick
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by webyabois
Intergalactic Patrick What is your favorite thing that will be shared with the public this week?
There is an awesome play through video coming. Exciting to watch and even more fun to watch the players learn the game and get into it as the battle raged on.
Any (disclosable) idea which day this week we'll be getting that? And will we also get the full cards, like last time?
Yeah. Cards are ready. Weds or Thursday.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08/15 Schnitzel
I will be greedy: any news dropping today?
I don't think so.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boh
Are we getting the full video of your Scavorith Domination play-through or was that just for 1027?
Unfortunately there was a recording issue with the full play through. Just know that I WON!
No word (yet) on when/whether we'll get the cards from that one (Kayne, Tuck, Glide Strikers, and Borealis). The one we're about to get seems to instead be the one involving "cooler" people.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 12:47 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

New video from one of the biggest mini wargaming channels on YouTube!
So we get new cards.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 2nd, 2022, 08:19 PM

DS insisted on reposting this insight, so I'm re-reposting it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
The "Hire Crew" power is very thematic and fun. Crimson Widow could give the hired unique squad an extra attack die with "Pirate Commander" (melee only) and move them with "Midnight Raid", and Bok-Bur-Na could help their attacks with the "Intimidate" power.
I was working on that concept and trying to come up with a good name for it. "Pressgang" didn't seem right, because that was used to add poor folks to the *navies*, and not to pirate crews.

So I did some research, to figure out how pirate captains actually added crew to their ships. It turned out, the answer was as old as recorded history: they paid them. Sailors wanted to be pirates because it was the best way to make a living on the open seas.

Hence the power name: Hire Crew.
Old November 4th, 2022, 02:10 PM

The "big box".
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth26
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWhale
Hey Encarmine, do you know the box dimensions off-hand? Someone is claiming to have reverse engineered the dimensions, and I want to see how accurate they are
I know it changed about 8 times based on the depth of the sculpts. Most recent one was 24x12x6.75 but that might be too small now.

It’s been a game of Tetris to get everyone into the vac-form trays, so the dimensions keep adjusting.
Inches, right?
Yes

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prey
Encarmine any chance you could confirm what animal Kayne is please?
Someone asked that before. My notes say Skunk.

Last edited by Anitar; November 4th, 2022 at 02:35 PM.
Old November 4th, 2022, 06:42 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Whoa! More cards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTERGALACTIC SCAVORITH
Heyo! We made the news!
https://youtu.be/M4_wo1JlGpQ

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; November 5th, 2022 at 02:12 AM. Reason: fixed link
Old November 4th, 2022, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Whoa! More cards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTERGALACTIC SCAVORITH
Heyo! We made the news!
https://youtu.be/YKu5mm1oG6E
The cards, for reference:

The video sounds as though it was also meant to show Tuck Harrigan's card, but it didn't. These cards have not yet been added to the compendium.

...And with that, we've seen every last one of the Dawn Raiders.

Last edited by Anitar; November 4th, 2022 at 10:48 PM.
Old November 4th, 2022, 08:32 PM

The cards by themselves... Tuck Harrigan included!

On the topic of EJ 1-M:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper
What was really hard, with this design, was getting to a hero that felt like a GD robot pirate boss who was menacing and would come jumping over the rails of your ship and kick your butt off the gangplank. I didn't want him to stand in the back, and I wanted him to feel like a commander, and I wanted him to feel menacing. Very complicated package to deliver.

I am glad Scytale is here for me to give him credit. He was instrumental in getting this design right, with feedback that made it possible to deliver my vision.

People familiar with my writings about design will know I write about the triangle of design. The mini must match the mechanics, the mechanics must match the theme, and the theme must match the mini. For a design to really shine, though, there is a way to level up. That is, does the unit actually play on the board like the theme would indicate. And that was the challenging part of this design. That level up.

Last edited by Anitar; November 4th, 2022 at 10:51 PM.
Old November 9th, 2022, 10:07 PM

A video about the game, which should soon be followed up by one showing the cards of Oberon and the Ordo Borealis.
https://www.tiktok.com/@sir_superher...60868870180142

Also, quotes. Always quotes.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth26
Any news you can bring us?
Well Myth, if you REALLY want to have something to debate. Let’s talk about what Jandar and Utgar might look like after unspoken years of accessing the mystical energies of the Wellsprings?

I would also encourage everyone to generate their names in the lyrical written language of the Kyrie? Or did you all forget about it?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecna
Encarmine , is Jandar the compass? Underneath that armor the face looks very... compass-y
Jandar is not the compass

There is a very nerdy, super deep brand bible concept around Jandar and Odin being the same thing however.
Humans can do such interesting stuff when they witness things they don’t understand…
You actually should be able to comp them in every major civilization.

Last edited by Anitar; November 9th, 2022 at 11:13 PM.
Old November 11th, 2022, 07:43 PM

And that's all the bears we've got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
A video about the game, which should soon be followed up by one showing the cards of Oberon and the Ordo Borealis.
https://www.tiktok.com/@sir_superher...60868870180142
No follow-up video. Instead, @Battlebrow got him to just send us photos of the cards. Have some bears.

Old November 14th, 2022, 01:17 PM

No Onshu, unfortunately... but look at what we DO have!

The Compendium has been updated with some nice clean pictures of the most recent new Army Cards (note that the Admiral's cost has decreased)...
Spoiler Alert!

...and, more importantly, a whole bunch of Dryans!

Last edited by Anitar; November 14th, 2022 at 01:34 PM.
Old November 16th, 2022, 02:19 PM

The Haslab campaign has ended, with 4,353 backers out of the required 8,000. The official response to this is here:

https://hasbropulse.com/blogs/avalon...heroscape-fans
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion