Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 11th, 2011, 04:03 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dallas Area "Official" Tournament structure

Now that sounds like a party!
Old August 11th, 2011, 08:30 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
What about a variant where we do the 4x400 but incorporate the CUC into it. For example:

Round 1 - HoB
Round 2 - Treasure Quest
Round 3 - CUC
Round 4 - Straight Up

Or something like that.
My only issue with a 4x400 is that it becomes a little intimidating to new/less experienced players. The more complicated the rules for the event, the more difficult it is to get the more casual players.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old August 11th, 2011, 12:47 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I agree that changing armies and variants every round is a significant deterrent to the sometimes player. If we are going to do that, we might as well add in rotating mops, too.

If it was just 4x4...4 armies, with out the variant change, it would be alright. Build 4 armies but do not duplicate any card across the 4 armies. That is pretty easy stuff.

I would like to see us try Treasure Quest with a lower hex limit. It really is an interesting way to play and build armies. It turns squad scape on its ear, especially with reduced hex limits.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; August 11th, 2011 at 02:04 PM. Reason: yeah I am pushing for Treasure Quest
Old August 11th, 2011, 02:01 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If, we're worried about being newb friendly we should look at the fact that NHSD is our most popular event of the year. NHSD is just a straight kill-em all objective. I think if we want alot in attendance we should stick to that.

Last edited by Tmac2200; August 11th, 2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: I'd settle for anything honestly.
Old August 11th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
I would like to see us try Treasure Quest with a lower hex limit. It really is an interesting way to play and build armies. It turns squad scape on its ear, especially with reduced hex limits.
I'm on board.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 15th, 2011, 01:51 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

FYI, I went ahead and kicked off the NHSD thread just to keep everyone aware of it's impending date.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old August 23rd, 2011, 06:40 PM

Mini event is up for between now and NHSD. It's more of a game night thing than a real tournament.

Old September 1st, 2011, 09:52 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Anyone ever thought about having a Marvel/C3G gameday/epic game? If only a few could make it my flgs would most likely be able to serve as a local for it I would assume. Or someone could house-host it.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
Anyone ever thought about having a Marvel/C3G gameday/epic game? If only a few could make it my flgs would most likely be able to serve as a local for it I would assume. Or someone could house-host it.
rym has been saying that he really wants to do something like that. You two might be able to get together and setup that event.

Old November 9th, 2011, 02:07 PM

Ry, are you still thinking about running an event in December?

Drew was in town the other day and was saying he could possibly make our next event as his wife wants to come back down for a baby shower. If we give him enough heads up, he might be able to make it.

Old November 9th, 2011, 10:32 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I am....if it happens it looks like it has to be 12/11, a Sunday.

We can talk more tomorrow.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old November 14th, 2011, 11:23 AM

jaramillohector Woo who?

Can me and my family participate on the 12/11 event. My son moonwalker does not have a wrestling match that weekend so we could make it. that means 4 people ready to 'scape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events