Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old October 15th, 2014, 06:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
There are a couple of other perfectly viable ways of representing him that have been brought up; mimicking stats like Echo, or without directly mimicking in battle at all. The latter is actually the idea I've come to prefer, despite initially suggesting re-using Mimic; Tasky's a pro who's been studying supers for years, and it's far more common for Taskmaster to show up prepared than it is for him to start using new moves from an enemy mid-battle.

I don't think it's ever been C3G practice to make sure a design does every single thing the character is thematically capable of. Guys like Doom and Venom would have very cluttered cards otherwise. A good thematic design hits the highlights and fights like the character should, which is very possible for Taskmaster without letting him copy special powers or attacks.
I agree and I'll bump up McHotcakes power idea again as an alternate direction to take. It really does a pretty good job of representing his ability to learn how to better attack and defend during the battle. Maybe tweak it slightly so that it scales up as the battle plays out.

Predicted Movements 2
When Taskmaster rolls attack dice the defending figure rolls 1 fewer defense die for each skull rolled to a maximum of 2. A figure may not roll fewer than 1 defense die. When Taskmaster is attacked he may roll 1 additional defense die for each skull rolled up to a maximum of 2.

Predicted Movements 4
When Taskmaster rolls attack dice the defending figure rolls 1 fewer defense die for each wound marker on this card up to a maximum of 4. A figure may not roll fewer than 1 defense die. When Taskmaster is attacked he may roll 1 additional defense die for each wound marker on this card up to a maximum of 2.
Old October 15th, 2014, 09:04 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
There are a couple of other perfectly viable ways of representing him that have been brought up; mimicking stats like Echo, or without directly mimicking in battle at all. The latter is actually the idea I've come to prefer, despite initially suggesting re-using Mimic; Tasky's a pro who's been studying supers for years, and it's far more common for Taskmaster to show up prepared than it is for him to start using new moves from an enemy mid-battle.

I don't think it's ever been C3G practice to make sure a design does every single thing the character is thematically capable of. Guys like Doom and Venom would have very cluttered cards otherwise. A good thematic design hits the highlights and fights like the character should, which is very possible for Taskmaster without letting him copy special powers or attacks.
I agree and I'll bump up McHotcakes power idea again as an alternate direction to take. It really does a pretty good job of representing his ability to learn how to better attack and defend during the battle. Maybe tweak it slightly so that it scales up as the battle plays out.

Predicted Movements 2
When Taskmaster rolls attack dice the defending figure rolls 1 fewer defense die for each skull rolled to a maximum of 2. A figure may not roll fewer than 1 defense die. When Taskmaster is attacked he may roll 1 additional defense die for each skull rolled up to a maximum of 2.

Predicted Movements 4
When Taskmaster rolls attack dice the defending figure rolls 1 fewer defense die for each wound marker on this card up to a maximum of 4. A figure may not roll fewer than 1 defense die. When Taskmaster is attacked he may roll 1 additional defense die for each wound marker on this card up to a maximum of 2.
My only issue with that is that he's getting better even if a different figure is attacking.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 15th, 2014, 09:05 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I think, since he wouldn't have SS or Flying a four power card that lets him use Swordplay for adjacent attacks, a Counterstrike ability, Photographic Reflexes, and a Special Attack with options (a la using a gun or a bow; use standard ranges here) would make for a beast of a Taskmaster and a sort of evil Punisher.

EDIT: How's this look?
Spoiler Alert!
Looks GREAT to me.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 15th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Not sure I dig the wound tie-in for his abilities. He's not going to have a ton of lives anyway, and him taking a 2 or 3 wound hit would give him a big boost, but how long would that boost last as he could be dead soon. Opponents would leave him alone and save him for last and then load up on him.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 15th, 2014, 10:48 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

The wound tie in was just a random idea so it could scale up as the fight unfolds. The initial version would be fine with me as is.
Old October 16th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Alright - the present ideas give me the feeling of someone highly trained who can learn to counter his opponent's actions during the fight, but not someone with a nigh-superhuman ability to duplicate any action he sees, (which, from what I've heard, is this guy's main 'power') even based on media broadcasts before the battle. Looking at what Ronin says about him showing up prepared, though, I've got an idea for a mimic power that will hopefully convey that feeling:

Photographic Reflexes

At the start any turn, you may choose any Human without the Super Strength or Flying special powers in any player's army and choose that figure's Move, Attack or Defence number or any special power on that figure's card. Until Taskmaster choses another stat or special power with Photographic Reflexes, he may use the chosen number in place of his own or use the chosen special power when moving, attacking or defending with Taskmaster. If the special power refers to the chosen figure or the chosen figure's card, it refers to Taskmaster or Taskmaster's card instead. If Taskaster is using another figure's Attack number instead of his own, he must use that figure's Range number as well.

With this, he can mimic someone without seeing them, or even if they're dead - the idea of this is to give the impression that he's pre-memorised the ablities of everyone he's fighting with (or against) and can chose between them at will - rather than mimicking on the spot, he's come prepared, so he doesn't need to see them. The final line in bold is an idea I had so that hopefully he can have a normal ranged attack (that he can mimic abilities to improve) without the dangers of him mimicking Captain America's attack at range.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 16th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

NAME = BUTTON MAN
SECRET IDENTY = Harry Exton
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Mercenary
PERSONALITY = Resourceful

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ?

THE GAME

Start the game with one brown Button Marker on this card. At the start of any round, you may choose any Unique Hero and place your Button Marker on the chosen figure's Army Card. The chosen figure and Button Man add 1 additional dice when attacking each other with normal attacks. If Button Man inflicts one or more wounds on a figure with a Button Marker on its card, that figure receives one additional wound. When Button Man or the chosen figure is destroyed, place your Button Marker back on this card.

SIDESTEP
If this figure is not engaged and rolls at least one shield when defending against a non-adjacent attack, the most wounds this figure can receive is one.

DIRTY TACTICS
or MEAT SHIELD
Anytime Button Man would receive one or more wounds, from a non-adjacent figure you may instead choose any figure adjacent to Button Man, that is not Tiny, to receive those wounds.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 16th, 2014, 09:51 PM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

NAME = BUTTON MAN
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Mercenary

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ?

THE GAME

Start the game with one brown Button Marker on this card. At the start of any round, you may choose any Unique Hero and place your Button Marker on the chosen figure's Army Card. The chosen figure and Button Man add 1 additional dice when attacking each other with normal attacks. If Button Man inflicts one or more wounds on a figure with a Button Marker on its card, that figure receives one additional wound. When Button Man or the chosen figure is destroyed, place your Button Marker back on this card.

SIDESTEP
If this figure is not engaged and rolls at least one shield when defending against a non-adjacent attack, the most wounds this figure can receive is one.

DIRTY TACTICS
or MEAT SHIELD
Anytime Button Man would receive one or more wounds, from a non-adjacent figure you may instead choose any figure adjacent to Button Man, that is not Tiny, to receive those wounds.
I didn't see much on His wiki, can you give me a little run down of this guy, just would like to know more.

Old October 16th, 2014, 10:18 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgieboy3 View Post
Quote:

NAME = BUTTON MAN
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Mercenary

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ?

THE GAME

SIDESTEP

DIRTY TACTICS
or MEAT SHIELD
I didn't see much on His wiki, can you give me a little run down of this guy, just would like to know more.
What he said...

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old October 17th, 2014, 05:47 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgieboy3 View Post
Quote:

NAME = BUTTON MAN
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Mercenary

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ?

THE GAME

SIDESTEP

DIRTY TACTICS
or MEAT SHIELD
What he said...
And here! Looking interesting, though...

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 17th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Button Man, Harry Exton, is a mercenary that is invited by an old friend to join The Game.
Run by The Voices, the players(Button Men) are set up to fight each other.
Each match is different as far as participants, location, weapons ect. Generally they fight one on one but I have seen 2 vs. 2 and a 4 man free for all.
It is not uncommon for the matches to end in death but it is also generally accepted that a losing Button Man can give up his marker(the end of a finger) instead of his life.
Most Button Men have lost and can be identified by having one or more missing fingertips.
Harry is top notch and never losses. He usually fights with a pistol but has used machine guns(actually two), shotguns, rifles and various hand to hand weapons, he is really good at using whatever is available.

So the first power represents him being in The Game with an opponent(I tweaked Hercules' Test of Might). Sidestep is a watered down version of Stealth Dodge which felt a little too good for him. Dirty Tactics is a tweak of Treacherous Tactics and represents his willingness to use anyone as a Meat Shield.
I kept his stats fairly low because he is basically just a man with a gun but highly skilled and resourceful, sort of like Rambo with a little more finesse.
I am reading the third of four 'books' right now. They are really good, better than I expected.
I hope that helps.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 17th, 2014, 02:16 PM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

Spoiler Alert!

What clix figure would you suggest to use?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy